PDA

View Full Version : Roethlisberger On A Mission

polamalubeast
06-18-2014, 12:03 PM
Ben Roethlisberger appears to have gained a sense of urgency this spring as the leader of the Pittsburgh Steelers. His position coach sees the growth.

Mike Tomlin dismissed the notion that Ben Roethlisberger is "on a mission" with his leadership this spring by saying, "Man, we're all on a mission. There's only one confetti game, one trophy game."
Heath Miller agreed.

"I guess I could have the same answer; maybe not as colorful," said Miller. "I don't notice anything different. I think it's kind of the same sense of urgency this time every year."

But Roethlisberger just keeps coaching his part of the Steelers' offense with encouragement, corrections and at times even anger.
In spite of what the coach and the reserved and wholly believable tight end say, Roethlisberger is showing more usable leadership at age 32 than at any point in his 11 years in the NFL.

His position coach says so. And so does the quarterback himself.
"Maybe just because I see the potential," Roethlisberger explained. "I would like to build off last year. We ended the season on a real high note offensively. I would like to just continue to grow off that and get better."

Roethlisberger and the Steelers went 6-2 in the second half last season and Roethlisberger was sacked only 11 times.
Some might say he bought into the offense. But his work this spring speaks to more than that.

read more

http://pit.scout.com/story/1412585-on-a-mission?s=68#/story/1412585-on-a-mission?s=68

fansince'76
06-18-2014, 12:16 PM
"There's only one confetti game..."

:tomlinism:
:chuckle:

tube517
06-18-2014, 12:27 PM
http://www.topofcool.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/drama_queen-360x347.jpg :chuckle:

GBMelBlount
06-18-2014, 12:36 PM
Ben is hungry.

ALLD
06-18-2014, 03:34 PM
One more SB win will put him in the HoF.

Craic
06-18-2014, 04:04 PM
One more SB win will put him in the HoF.
I think he's already in. But yeah, one more SB win, especially if the win comes on his arm, definitely puts him into the HOF.