PDA

View Full Version : Day 1 of Minicamp: 1st on-field look at the tandem of Polamalu and Mitchell

polamalubeast
06-17-2014, 05:29 PM
Troy Polamalu and Mike Mitchell don't anticipate a steep learning curve in their first year together
Forging the necessary relationship among defensive backs unaccustomed to playing with one another can take time on occasion, but it can be worth the wait.

“I remember last year in Carolina it took about 15 weeks for a cornerback to finally trust me when I said, ‘Go jump it,’” safety Mike Mitchell explained. “It’s just people and your relationships. The more a guy trusts you, the more apt he is to understand you. He knows about you, knows what you’re all about, what you’re trying to do.

“That comes with time. You don’t gain that in a day. You have to do the right thing repetitively, and then you start to build your relationship from there.”

It took longer than anticipated with Mitchell and Panthers cornerback Melvin White in 2013.

“He was a rookie and he always wanted to do what the coach said, but I got him a pick-six not doing what the coach said,” Mitchell recalled. “He trusted me after that.”

Mitchell is anticipating more of an accelerated process occurring with veteran Steelers safety Troy Polamalu.

read more

http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Getting-to-know-you/91acf1dd-b551-4394-b350-50a46a5a09ee

stillers4me
06-17-2014, 06:05 PM
Already posted!