PDA

View Full Version : Roethlisberger: Noll was "greatest coach of all time"

polamalubeast
06-16-2014, 02:51 PM
Ben Roethlisberger knows how former Steelers coach Chuck Noll should be remembered.

“He's the greatest coach of all time,” Roethlisberger said Monday.

Roethlisberger arrived in Pittsburgh in 2004, 13 years after Noll last coached, and he didn't know him well. But the Steelers quarterback said that what Noll and his teams accomplished by winning four Super Bowls in the 1970s resonates with the current-day players.

Noll's last Super Bowl win was 35 seasons ago, yet his four Super Bowl victories remain the most of any coach.

“The legacy of his teams — the Steel Curtain, the defense, the tradition that is the Pittsburgh Steelers — he was the leader,” Roethlisberger said. “He was the guy that embodied all that and led those guys to the championships. For any guy (current player) that comes in and knows the tradition, the history of the Steelers, it started with him — his legacy is why we play today.”

“I think I saw a quote from Mr. (Dan) Rooney, saying that he (Noll) made the Steelers who they are.

Read more: http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/6292674-74/roethlisberger-noll-steelers#ixzz34pkI98QF
Follow us: @triblive on Twitter | triblive on Facebook

Dwinsgames
06-16-2014, 02:57 PM
I think Ben read my post LOL

ALLD
06-16-2014, 03:08 PM
He worked for two old school HoF coaches. He was a decade late for the naming of the Super Bowl trophy. Ben is trying to make brownie points for his contract extension.