PDA

View Full Version : Im so excited about number 84!

Fordy
08-15-2010, 03:27 PM
I am so excited about Antonio Brown at WR after watching last night's game. I know it is just one game but He is like our poor-mans Desean Jackson with potential to be just as good or even better down the line. A steal at round number 6. It would be a travesty if he doesnt make the team. No way he survives the Practice squad, some other team will claim him instantly. He showed very good hands as well last night to go along with his blazing speed.

LLT
08-15-2010, 03:41 PM
I thought Brown looked good also. U think before the PS games are over, we will be singing Sanders and Browns praises over and over. I mentioned when we drafted Brown that the guy could leap to the moon so I am ready to see some acrobatic catches in the next few weeks.

O'Malley
08-15-2010, 03:47 PM
Brown can flat out fly. Wallace and brown on opposite sides of the ball could really stretch defenses.

BPS3akaWirels3
08-15-2010, 03:49 PM
That 68 yard run was amazing.. From where we were sitting in section 103 I thought he was going to run into our section.. I am also VERY excited for Brown..

Fordy
08-15-2010, 04:14 PM
Brown can flat out fly. Wallace and brown on opposite sides of the ball could really stretch defenses.

Perfect compliments to Hines the possession and chain moving slot WR!

oneforthetoe
08-15-2010, 04:19 PM
Good start. Hopefully, he will continue to develop.

steelerdude15
08-15-2010, 05:01 PM
He is one fast guy and someone we can use well this upcoming season.

solardave
08-15-2010, 05:06 PM
Take away the S (antonio) and you have Antonio but there is still S (peed) there. Might be this years Wallace.

steelerdude15
08-15-2010, 05:12 PM
Take away the S (antonio) and you have Antonio but there is still S (peed) there. Might be this years Wallace.
Could very well be. I think that when it comes to our wide receiver core, I think we're fine, both present and future. We have a very qualified core in Ward, Wallace, ARE, Battle, Sanders, and Brown. Hines and El won't be here for much longer, but will help us out for the next couple of years. The future is bright with the draft picks this year and with Wallace and Battle. If they can play at high levels and play as Steelers, looks like we're all gonna be happy for years to come.

Stlrs4Life
08-15-2010, 05:19 PM
I like him also. I wanted to see Sanders get the ball more last night though.

MULLDOG24
08-15-2010, 05:43 PM
I like Brown as well, and hope he can make the roster and contribute at WR/KR this year.

st33lersguy
08-15-2010, 06:19 PM
He was pretty darn good let's hope he develops and doesn't get arrested unlike Sansmokio

GoSlash27
08-15-2010, 08:03 PM
Not to urinate on the campfire, but it was 2 catches. Good performance and not knocking it, but it's a little early to start annointing the guy.
/was also impressed with Battle's YAC on that skinny post.

hotrodder07
08-15-2010, 08:07 PM
I like him also. I wanted to see Sanders get the ball more last night though.

He'll get his chances. There are still 3 games left. Right now, though, I'm loving what I saw from Antonio Brown. Great catch and run, and then a terrific snag on the out route late in the game.

Fordy
08-15-2010, 08:46 PM
Not to urinate on the campfire, but it was 2 catches. Good performance and not knocking it, but it's a little early to start annointing the guy.
/was also impressed with Battle's YAC on that skinny post.

I think he had 3 catches just for the record.

ricardisimo
08-15-2010, 09:01 PM
Could very well be. I think that when it comes to our wide receiver core, I think we're fine, both present and future. We have a very qualified core in Ward, Wallace, ARE, Battle, Sanders, and Brown. Hines and El won't be here for much longer, but will help us out for the next couple of years. The future is bright with the draft picks this year and with Wallace and Battle. If they can play at high levels and play as Steelers, looks like we're all gonna be happy for years to come.

You're going the wrong route playing with his name. I say we call him Downtownio Brown... assuming he continues going Downtown with these catches. He looked good and he looked fast.

That he only had two or three catches in the first preseason game would only matter if he had five or six drops. Three catches and a long TD in limited time is quite good from any perspective.

GoSlash27
08-15-2010, 09:28 PM
Three catches and a long TD in limited time is quite good from any perspective.
Yes it is.

Devilsdancefloor
08-15-2010, 10:18 PM
i was impressed with both brown and sanders the catch that he made over the middle was really nice to see. For a while it would seem we where getting guys who had talent but just couldnt bring in the ball.

ricardisimo
08-16-2010, 01:45 AM
i was impressed with both brown and sanders the catch that he made over the middle was really nice to see. For a while it would seem we where getting guys who had talent but just couldnt bring in the ball.

Now if only our corners could start bringing it in, we'll be set, I think.

BuddhaBus
08-16-2010, 04:08 AM
Ward (lock)
Wallace (lock)
Randle-El
Battle
Sanders
Brown

Who doesn't make the team? It's going to be a tough call as to who goes. I don't think the rookies will survive being placed on the PS. Good problem to have though. Personally, I'd like to have good young talent to grow with. I'm thinking Battle is the odd man out at this point. Still a lot of preseason left though.

Galax Steeler
08-16-2010, 05:39 AM
I say Battle will be the odd man out no way to we put Sanders or Brown on the practice squad.

stillers4me
08-16-2010, 05:40 AM
I say Battle will be the odd man out no way to we put Sanders or Brown on the practice squad.

They wouldn't last 30 minutes on the PS.

GoSlash27
08-16-2010, 06:10 AM
Ward (lock)
Wallace (lock)
Randle-El
Battle
Sanders
Brown

Who doesn't make the team? It's going to be a tough call as to who goes. I don't think the rookies will survive being placed on the PS. Good problem to have though. Personally, I'd like to have good young talent to grow with. I'm thinking Battle is the odd man out at this point. Still a lot of preseason left though.

Perhaps, but I think Battle looked every bit as impressive as Brown in that game.

Texasteel
08-16-2010, 07:35 AM
I haven't been this excited about the WR draft for a long time, but I was before the game. Sanders showed us that he is willing to go over the middle and take the hit. By the way he is not a slow man himself. Brown showed good hands and speed. I don't know what will happen from here on. But it is going to be fun to watch these kids grow, and I am counting Wallace in that statement.

Don't look now, but Wallace, Sanders, Brown, there is a shit load of speed there. All being schooled by the best teacher they could have, Ward. I can't wait to see the next game. I can't wait for the season to start.

What do you think the chances are that someone gets injured in the next 3 games and gos on IR.

The Duke
08-16-2010, 09:21 AM
I can't even choose an odd man out right now. So much talent

I'm sure tomlin will make the right choice. But I still don't envy having to make that decision

steelpride12
08-16-2010, 12:02 PM
It's just so much talent and it keeps getting better im so excited about all the young WR talent flying around now. We already know what Wallace brings and that was only his rookie season, now we got a glimpse of Brown and we still need to be in awe when Sanders breaks out! I mean if these guys can all step up we are going to have a fast and dangerous offense I promise.

SteelerEmpire
08-16-2010, 01:32 PM
That 2nd catch he made was lynn swann style...

SteelMember
08-16-2010, 01:36 PM
I'm not sure what it's gonna cost us (the Steelers), but the likelyhood of cutting ARE or Battle could be a big possibility. :noidea:

Chidi29
08-16-2010, 01:38 PM
I agree with Teresa Varley from Steelers.com. The last catch Brown made at the right sideline was more impressive than his touchdown. Because let's face it, he got a step on a camp body cornerback and blew past a safety that started to take a bad angle and had to come to a full stop before attempting to chase him down. It was a nice play by Brown, but he got a lot of help from poor defense.

The last catch involved him taking a ball off the ground and a pretty good route as I recall.

Chidi29
08-16-2010, 01:39 PM
Why can't we keep six? I know we only carried five last year, but we didn't have this kind of depth.

SteelMember
08-16-2010, 01:52 PM
Why can't we keep six? I know we only carried five last year, but we didn't have this kind of depth.

I was figuring more how Logan might fit in.

but we can't just suggest that because there's depth, more will be kept. There's also guys at OL, DL, or LB that we could use that same justification. Something's gotta give somewhere.

cold-hard-steel
08-16-2010, 02:25 PM
I love the fact that we won an important game. It is an important game for those players trying to gain a roster spot on our storied franchises team. Some came up a little short,but some of them were LOUD ! Logan did leave me with a little less than i expected.One game down.3 more to go . We shall see.

GoSlash27
08-16-2010, 03:13 PM
If we keep six, we'll have to leave a position shallow somewhere else. Who gets it in the neck so we can have an extra wideout we'll hardly ever see?
It'd be nice if we could keep all of 'em, but we can't. We need depth everywhere, and there's that pesky roster limit.

Tomlin has already said how he works it; He doesn't necessarily go for the standout at each position. He goes for whoever demonstrates the most flexibility.

Chidi29
08-16-2010, 04:09 PM
If we keep six, we'll have to leave a position shallow somewhere else. Who gets it in the neck so we can have an extra wideout we'll hardly ever see?
It'd be nice if we could keep all of 'em, but we can't. We need depth everywhere, and there's that pesky roster limit.

Tomlin has already said how he works it; He doesn't necessarily go for the standout at each position. He goes for whoever demonstrates the most flexibility.

You can always cut Logan. I know it's a numbers game, but I'd hate to lose a young guy. Plus, all these WRs (Excluding Logan if you can him) can help out elsewhere. They're flexible.

Chidi29
08-16-2010, 04:33 PM

And for whatever it's worth, in my created roster with Logan off of it, depth doesn't seem to be an issue. Seven active linebackers, seven active offensive lineman, six active defensive lineman, five active cornerbacks, and four active safties. Don't think that's any different from last year.

The Duke
08-16-2010, 04:50 PM
I'm not sure what it's gonna cost us (the Steelers), but the likelyhood of cutting ARE or Battle could be a big possibility. :noidea:

I've been thinking about that too

who knows, maybe El's second tour in Pittsburgh will be a short one....

GoSlash27
08-16-2010, 05:25 PM
And for whatever it's worth, in my created roster with Logan off of it, depth doesn't seem to be an issue. Seven active linebackers, seven active offensive lineman, six active defensive lineman, five active cornerbacks, and four active safties. Don't think that's any different from last year.
Remember that Tomlin's putting a priority on ST this year. I don't see him cutting Logan unless he really stinks up the joint.
/ I been wrong before, 'tho...

Fordy
08-16-2010, 05:27 PM
I like Logan but Im sure Antonio Brown can be the KR/PR and fare just as well as Stefan, dont you think?

Chidi29
08-16-2010, 05:53 PM
Remember that Tomlin's putting a priority on ST this year. I don't see him cutting Logan unless he really stinks up the joint.
/ I been wrong before, 'tho...

I think the biggest issue with special teams is covering kicks and punts. That's why we drafted so many guys with extensive special team experience.

If Emmanuel/Brown/Randle El can show that they're competent, then Logan is very expendable. Having a major threat as a return guy doesn't seem to be Tomlin's main focus anyway. You saw him use Gary Russell. You've seen him replace Logan with Moore when backed up in our own red zone. Trust, meaning ball security, seems to be just as big of a priority.

SteelerFanInStl
08-16-2010, 07:14 PM
You can always cut Logan. I know it's a numbers game, but I'd hate to lose a young guy. Plus, all these WRs (Excluding Logan if you can him) can help out elsewhere. They're flexible.

That's the way I see it. Logan just doesn't bring enough to the table. One of these young guys can pick up the return duties.