PDA

View Full Version : Former Steelers share thoughts on Chuck Noll

stillers4me
06-14-2014, 10:52 AM
FRANCO HARRIS
I am a little shocked by this, and sad. My condolences and my heart goes out toMarianne. She’s a great lady. These are times when we reflect on all the great memories and the great times that we had. And there’s no doubt that these memories that we had, probably people consider them the best of times in pro football. That goes for Chuck, the organization and the team he put together.

ROCKY BLEIER
I am reflecting back on when I heard the news. I’m shocked. I think the greatest tribute that someone can pay is when you start talking about them. Chuck always said the success of his players will be in the upbringing of their kids, and I didn’t know what that meant. But I think it was the impact of who they are as people and their values, and how that transfers to the impact that they have on their kids. I found myself doing this, giving Chuck’s “Nollisms” on life and how that affected us when we were playing, the basics, the fundamentals, giving 100 percent.........

read more @ http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Former-Steelers-share-thoughts-on-Chuck-Noll/ff163ef7-ba78-474c-80ed-19a23c8b7fb5

ALLD
06-14-2014, 11:53 AM
"The thrill isn't in the winning," he once said. "Its in the doing."