PDA

View Full Version : Steeler's Punter Battle

GBMelBlount
06-14-2014, 10:16 AM
Yippee...:chuckle:

Chicago ranked last in punting last season. As a result, Podlesh was released, and the Steelers signed him to a one-year deal in April.

In 2011, Wing was arrested for simple battery and issued a misdemeanor summons. He was also suspended from the 2012 Chick-fil-A Bowl for an undisclosed violation of team rules.

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2014/06/14/Steelers-have-plenty-of-position-battles-including-the-punter/stories/201406140096

Craic
06-14-2014, 12:15 PM
Yippee...:chuckle:
:chuckle:

Though, when I read something like this, it puts me at ease a little:

“So, a lot of the questions people have about my maturity, you know, I know that actions speak louder than words. I’ve had my head on straight for nearly two years now, and there’s been no issues, so I’m going to keep doing that.”

As they say, admitting you have a problem is the first step in getting help.

polamalubeast
06-14-2014, 12:20 PM
When the last time the Steelers have had a very good punter?

I'm tired of having a poor punter on this team

salamander
06-14-2014, 12:40 PM
It's a shame Sepulveda had brittle knees.

Steelerette
06-14-2014, 01:45 PM
When the last time the Steelers have had a very good punter?

I'm tired of having a poor punter on this teamWe were spoiled before. Craig Colquitt, Harry Newsome, Mark Royals, Josh Miller, Chris Gardocki...

Except for the year Rohn Stark snuck in there, we basically had pretty good punters for a span of almost 40 years. Then we get Sepulveda and his injuries, and the experiments of the past few years... ugh. Here's hoping that Wing runs with it and we get stability for another decade.

Hawkman
06-14-2014, 09:14 PM
We were spoiled before. Craig Colquitt, Harry Newsome, Mark Royals, Josh Miller, Chris Gardocki...

Except for the year Rohn Stark snuck in there, we basically had pretty good punters for a span of almost 40 years. Then we get Sepulveda and his injuries, and the experiments of the past few years... ugh. Here's hoping that Wing runs with it and we get stability for another decade.

Josh Miller.......really!??? He would either hit a 70 yarder or shank it for 15. I remember being in Baltimore, when he hit 15 yarder almost into the right stands and Cowher was shown on the Jumbo tron screaming in Miller's face "what the f@%k was that"!! Miller couldn't handle the pressure.

Steelerette
06-14-2014, 09:24 PM
Josh Miller.......really!??? He would either hit a 70 yarder or shank it for 15. I remember being in Baltimore, when he hit 15 yarder almost into the right stands and Cowher was shown on the Jumbo tron screaming in Miller's face "what the f@%k was that"!! Miller couldn't handle the pressure.
Yeah he shanked one now and then. And he's still better than what we've been dealing with the past 6 seasons or so.