View Full Version : Hearing from Tomlin, Mitchell, Butler, Lake

LLT
06-07-2014, 01:47 PM
Hearing from Tomlin, Mitchell, Butler, Lake
June 7, 2014

By Mike Prisuta

An assortment of statements and observations from Steelers coaches

Coach Mike Tomlin on a Ryan Shazier comparable:
“Lawrence Timmons in a lot of ways. We drafted Lawrence seven, eight years ago, Lawrence was a 220-something pound linebacker who was adept at running and hitting. I think you can say the same thing about this young man.”

Tomlin on Timmons switching positions (from ‘Mack’ to ‘Buck’) to make room for Shazier:
“Lawrence showed his versatility a year ago after we lost Larry Foote. We’re very comfortable with being able to move Lawrence around to accommodate whoever he’s working with. I think he’s earned that and proven that over the course of his career. It’s about getting the very best players on the field. Make no mistake, Lawrence Timmons is going to be on the field.”

Assistant head coach/defensive line coach John Mitchell on a Stephon Tuitt comparable:
“I think he’s a young Aaron Smith, probably a little better speed. From the lower body down he’s strong. He can run. He has long arms. He can knock down a lot of passes. This guy in shape in the right frame of mind is a heck of a football player.”

Read More...http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Hearing-from-Tomlin-Mitchell-Butler-Lake/82b94f6c-eb1a-4458-aa9b-dbd2f3700486

HollywoodSteel
06-07-2014, 01:52 PM
Tuitt is a young Aaron Smith? While my initial reaction to this is that the statement borders on sacrilege (that's like calling someone a young Chuck Norris!), I have to say that if it's actually true, then I can't think of sweeter music to my ears. Higher praise for young player does not exist.