PDA

View Full Version : Offseason Report Card: Steelers

LLT
06-07-2014, 01:13 PM
Offseason Report Card: Steelers
Posted June 06, 2014

By Chris Burke

The Pittsburgh Steelers missed the playoffs in 2012. Then they missed them again in 2013. Just like that, the franchise is facing its longest postseason drought since 1998-2000, a stretch that Pittsburgh followed with three Super Bowl trips and two Super Bowl wins over the next decade.

GM Kevin Colbert has spent the past two offseasons trying simultaneously to strip down his team’s unwieldy payroll and to stay competitive as the championship window with his core pieces closes. The results of that work have been mixed at best.

“I think with any decision, you look back on it and you start with where we were. We finished 8-8 [last season],” Colbert said. “In my opinion, none of the decisions [we made] were good enough because we weren’t in the playoffs.”

Read More...http://nfl.si.com/2014/06/06/pittsburgh-steelers-offseason-report-card/

GBMelBlount
06-07-2014, 01:23 PM
Losing Sanders AND Cotchery MAY hurt but I'll still give us a "B".

We have been 8-8 the last 2 seasons while hemorrhaging and purging and I think we bottomed out and are on the upswing.

I predict some swagger in 2014.

ALLD
06-07-2014, 08:16 PM
I am optimistic about Moore (WR) and Blount (RB). Let's say there is mild success with Mitchell (S) and Thomas (DL). Then there is a possibility of more than depth with Moats (LB) and McCain (CB). It's the biggest FA I have seen in a very long time. Getting Blount from the Pats and forcing them to come up with Plan B after they screwed around with Sanders, they got what was coming to them. Moore should be Mr.Reliable.

Shoes
06-07-2014, 08:38 PM
I'm pleased with this draft and the off season pick ups. I really like the Steelers 7th round pick….I think this kid can be a solid#2 behind Miller. I think the FO and Tomlin did a good job, lets just hope they all pan out.

st33lersguy
06-08-2014, 08:42 PM
I definitely think we added. We lost players, some of which were dead weight anyways, but we added a lot of talent and if the talent we added pans out and there are no injuries, no reason we can't win 10 games

zulater
06-08-2014, 09:54 PM
Bad reporting by SI. Steelers off season is at least a B. I got it a B+

fansince'76
06-09-2014, 01:50 AM
Bad reporting by SI. Steelers off season is at least a B. I got it a B+

They didn't seem to grade anyone in the division too highly. They gave Cincy a "C-" as well. They gave Baltimore and Cleveland a "D."