PDA

View Full Version : Receiver got Hall of Famer Blount's seal of approval

stillers4me
06-04-2014, 05:32 PM
Steelers (http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/) Hall of Fame cornerback Mel Blount made a call to the Steelers last week to see if he could get Cal (Pa.) wide receiver C.J. Goodwin a tryout.

Blount provided the opportunity, and Goodwin ran with it.

Less than a week after the tryout, the Steelers added Goodwin to the roster Wednesday despite having only 11 catches and 126 yards at the Division II school last year.

“I give all the thanks to (Blount),” Goodwin said.

Goodwin said he worked as a farmhand at the Mel Blount Youth Home when he was 17.............

Read more: http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/6227062-74/goodwin-steelers-brown#ixzz33iE7UOGM

Steelerette
06-04-2014, 07:22 PM
The Steelers released Jasper Collins to make room for Goodwin.

This pisses me off a lot. Mel Blount, love ya, but get out of here with this nobody. Watch some film of Collins at Mount Union... the kid's unreal and he deserves a real shot somewhere. Too bad it won't be here.

Chidi29
06-04-2014, 08:47 PM
This pisses me off a lot. Mel Blount, love ya, but get out of here with this nobody. Watch some film of Collins at Mount Union... the kid's unreal and he deserves a real shot somewhere. Too bad it won't be here.

Collins was hurt. Like Embernate, if you're not available, you're not going to be last on a roster. Besides, don't yell at Blount. Didn't tell the team to sign him or release Collins.

Shoes
06-04-2014, 09:21 PM
Collins was hurt. Like Embernate, if you're not available, you're not going to be last on a roster. Besides, don't yell at Blount. Didn't tell the team to sign him or release Collins.

Chidi, I know it's early but what WR's do you think make the team?

GBMelBlount
06-04-2014, 09:51 PM

Good points.

Chidi29
06-04-2014, 10:08 PM
Chidi, I know it's early but what WR's do you think make the team?

Hard to say. #5 spot is wide open. Right now, I'd go with DHB getting that last spot.