PDA

View Full Version : Steelers rookie DT McCullers faces tall task

stillers4me
06-04-2014, 04:54 PM
The numbers next to Daniel McCullers' name look out of place, at least for someone who's trying to do what McCullers does for a living.
Nose tackles aren't supposed to be 6-foot-7. When your job is to line up over the center and take up as much space as possible, the shorter — and wider — the better.

McCullers is neither. And he knows it.

Nicknamed everything from "Shade Tree" to "Green Mile" to "Mount McCullers" during his two years at Tennessee, the 21-year-old lineman understands he's an oddity, a big man who stands out in a league full of them........

READ MORE @ http://pro32.ap.org/article/steelers-rookie-dt-mccullers-faces-tall-task

Count Steeler
06-04-2014, 05:20 PM
McCullers and Beachum should change positions. Beachum has more of a nose tackle build and McCullers would be an immense LT. Glad the physical attributes are only part of the equation.

steelreserve
06-04-2014, 05:38 PM
I've often wondered why it's so hard to find a nose tackle when there is absolutely no shortage of really strong, 6-foot-2, 330-pound fat guys who play offensive guard. Having never played either, I can only assume it's because being a decent NT takes a special extra talent that most of those guys don't have.

I still maintain it would be awesome to bring in a bunch of 400-pound sumo wrestlers to play NT and every OL position except maybe center.