PDA

View Full Version : Will Steelers Offense or Defense Improve More in 2014?

GBMelBlount
06-01-2014, 05:30 PM
Do you think the Steelers Offense of Defense will Improve more in 2014?

GBMelBlount
06-01-2014, 05:35 PM
If the offensive line gels this year we could be scoring 30 points a game.

My only real concern is that we don't have anyone proven after Brown...

If Shazam catches on early and Troy can do what Troy does best we could see a big upgrade on defense too.

I will say both about the same.

Shoes
06-01-2014, 05:37 PM
I think the O & D will improve…..hopefully the coaching will too.

st33lersguy
06-01-2014, 05:43 PM
The D has more room for improvement and picked up some nice additions in the offseason. The speed they acquired will make them more prepared to stop today's NFL offense

Psycho Ward 86
06-01-2014, 06:06 PM
great question. simple, yet difficult. Defense I suppose? Although, for how bad we were, we still managed to be in the top half/third-ish in the league in points allowed, total defense, and passdefense. That assuming immediate impact from shazier and tuitt. I see offensive improvement making big strides, but more so in situational football and more so in the run game.

SteelerFanInStl
06-01-2014, 06:40 PM
I expect improvement from both but I think that the defense will improve more. They also have further to go. Lack of experienced depth at WR also worries me.

GBMelBlount
06-01-2014, 07:06 PM
I expect improvement from both but I think that the defense will improve more.

They also have further to go.

Lack of experienced depth at WR also worries me.

Agreed.

However the other factor that could really make a positive impact on offense is Munchak coming in when 3 of our top offensive linemen should be really be kicking it into gear....Gilbert, Decastro and Pouncey.

Steeldude
06-01-2014, 09:56 PM
If Jarvis Jones(or ROLB) shows nothing then the defense will remain the same. The Steelers need an effective and consistent pass rush. IMO, without the benefit of seeing pre-season yet, Jones is going to end up on the bench a few games into the season. Hopefully he became stronger and worked on technique.

The offense will increase only if the O-line finally gels and stays healthy.

polamalubeast
06-08-2014, 02:54 PM
If the offense plays like last year in the second half of the season(27.9 points per game in the last 8 games), I'll be happy

ALLD
06-08-2014, 04:05 PM
The offense hasn't been consistent since 1979 when it was the best, much as the rest of the team whose greatness will never be repeated. That being said, the team will continue to rely on the defense to keep it in the game so after 3.5 stomach churning quarters we pull out 10 or 11 wins. There is more room for improvement on defense, although the offense could surprise us if Tomlin and Haley go golfing and let Ben call the plays on game day.

steelerdude15
06-08-2014, 06:16 PM
I think we'll see improvement from both units this year, but I think we'll see more improvement from the defense. I think we'll be much faster than last year and that the defense will be able to stay on the field during long drives with less fatigue and be more effective because they've drafted and signed younger players.

Steelerette
06-08-2014, 06:39 PM
The offense I believe is going to naturally improve and quite a bit. The Munchak addition is great of course, but I think people are overlooking the Saxon addition. He's the perfect coach to bring in to develop Bell's career, integrate Blount into the run game... if even one of these guys we have at WR proves to be, not even great, but an adequate WR2, then we should be seeing some very good things, so it's tempting to vote Offense...

But then you look at defense. The coaching staff have some hard choices to make. But if they make the right ones, this could be the most exciting defense we've seen in a long time. So I think you could say that Offense has the most guaranteed improvement... but defense has the higher ceiling to improve.

But all that being said, I had to vote against GB's creepy avatar.