PDA

View Full Version : Other than his finger, Steelers' Wheaton looked good as OTAs open

Count Steeler
05-28-2014, 05:39 AM
PITTSBURGH — In a sport where broken bones and torn ligaments come with the job description, a broken left pinkie might sound rather tame.
But for a wide receiver that makes his living with his hands, it can be a bit detrimental, to say the least. That was the case last season for Markus Wheaton as a rookie.
Due to a broken pinkie suffered in a loss to Minnesota in London, the former third-round pick was limited to a dozen games and six receptions for 64 yards with no touchdowns. Though it was hardly the start he or the Steelers envisioned, Wheaton is hoping to make amends in Year 2.
In fact, the Steelers are kind of counting on it. With Jerricho Cotchery and Emmanuel Sanders departing via free agency, the speedy Wheaton is penciled in as the No. 2 receiver. That is where the former Oregon State product practiced Tuesday during the first day of OTAs.
Though it’s early, Wheaton looked good.
Well, other than his pinkie.
Wheaton insists the finger, which required screws being inserted into the joints, is better than it looks.
He better hope so, because Wheaton’s twice surgically-repaired left pinkie is looking rather gruesome. From a completely unprofessional medical standpoint, it bends where it’s not supposed to.

full story @ http://www.timesonline.com/sports/steelers/other-than-his-finger-steelers-wheaton-looked-good-as-otas/article_3adfb7e3-72b8-5dac-9290-20121d71679b.html

stillers4me
05-28-2014, 05:42 AM
Ahhhh...so that's why I didn't hear his name much. I keep ready about how great he is and I'm like.......... :noidea:

86WARD
05-28-2014, 06:31 AM
Doesn't everyone look good in OTAs? Just saying...

ALLD
05-28-2014, 09:49 AM
Ronnie Lott knows what to do with a bad pinkie.

steelreserve
05-28-2014, 11:13 AM
I thought this story was going to be about Wheaton flipping everyone off at OTAs. I guess this is OK too.

steel striker
05-28-2014, 02:56 PM
As long as he stays healthy and, plays well on the field that is all that matters.