PDA

View Full Version : Roethlisberger admits he initially was upset by Steelers draft

Shoes
05-27-2014, 11:11 PM
When the Steelers didn’t use the 15th overall pick in the draft on a receiver, quarterback Ben Roethlisberger (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/1181/ben-roethlisberger) wasn’t happy.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/05/27/roethlisberger-admits-he-initially-was-upset-by-steelers-draft/

zulater
05-28-2014, 05:36 AM
Leave it to Profootballtalk to make up more bullshit. Quote taken out of context, and cut off before he gets to the part where he's happy with what he's got now that he's seen it.

Shoes
05-28-2014, 08:02 AM
Leave it to Profootballtalk to make up more bullshit. Quote taken out of context, and cut off before he gets to the part where he's happy with what he's got now that he's seen it.

Come on Zu, Mike Florio Bradshaw never does that. :chuckle:

Texasteel
05-28-2014, 08:08 AM
With what was on the board, I would have been a little upset if we had drafted a WR with the 15th pick. With Tuitt there I would have been a little upset if we had drafted a WR with our 2nd round pick. Thought we might draft a WR in the 3rd, but we got the WR in the 4th that we probably would have taken anyway. Think we did a pretty good job, on paper. We'll see when they get to the field.

salamander
05-28-2014, 08:27 AM
Ben's just being a drama queen. :chuckle:

steelreserve
05-28-2014, 11:16 AM
I was pissed, but not because we didn't draft a WR. Dude, receivers are a dime a dozen, just like drummers. That's why it's always no problem finding them later on. Other positions *coughCBcough* not so much.

LLT
05-28-2014, 03:59 PM
With what was on the board, I would have been a little upset if we had drafted a WR with the 15th pick. With Tuitt there I would have been a little upset if we had drafted a WR with our 2nd round pick. Thought we might draft a WR in the 3rd, but we got the WR in the 4th that we probably would have taken anyway. Think we did a pretty good job, on paper. We'll see when they get to the field.

Great point. Bryant was a third round pick on most boards and a late 2nd on a few.

steelreserve
05-28-2014, 04:12 PM
Great point. Bryant was a third round pick on most boards and a late 2nd on a few.

Yeah, as far as WRs go, you kind of had your elite few who were high first-round locks, and then a bunch of guys who were good but not really first-round talented. One more reason why that pick wouldn't have made sense there. Mismatch on need AND value; not the way to go.

X-Terminator
05-28-2014, 04:29 PM
http://replygif.net/i/172.gif

Mojouw
05-28-2014, 04:54 PM
I was pissed, but not because we didn't draft a WR. Dude, receivers are a dime a dozen, just like drummers. That's why it's always no problem finding them later on. Other positions *coughCBcough* not so much.

Yeah. Though I was a fan of the Shazier pick, the Steelers treating CB's like bassists might come back to bite them in the ass.

HollywoodSteel
05-28-2014, 06:06 PM
Yeah. Though I was a fan of the Shazier pick, the Steelers treating CB's like bassists might come back to bite them in the ass.

You can't have everything. This draft has the potential of being a home run, but I guess they all are. Like others pointed out, our number 1 and 2 picks were probably the right choices and since we got Bryant in the 4th I'm glad we didn't take a WR in the 3rd. The only question is was there a corner available in the 3rd that had the potential to make an actual impact on this team? If not, then at least the Archer pick was a reasonable gamble. If he's good for a few home run plays this year that could be the difference between making the playoffs or not. I'm not sure you can say that any other player available at that pick had that kind of potential. Especially not the corners that were still there.

If we get lucky with this year's crop of picks we might not have any glaring needs going into next year's draft other than corner. So in the long run we might do better with a first round corner in next year's draft than anybody we could have had this year.

86WARD
05-28-2014, 06:10 PM
Florid was on NFL Radio today saying that Ben was also disgruntled because of his contract situation...He's making a lot less than the other premiere QBs, he feels that since he's won two Super Bowls, he should be one of the highest paid and lastly, he wants more money than the Rooneys are willing to pay...

Lol...

Mojouw
05-28-2014, 06:19 PM
You can't have everything. This draft has the potential of being a home run, but I guess they all are. Like others pointed out, our number 1 and 2 picks were probably the right choices and since we got Bryant in the 4th I'm glad we didn't take a WR in the 3rd. The only question is was there a corner available in the 3rd that had the potential to make an actual impact on this team? If not, then at least the Archer pick was a reasonable gamble. If he's good for a few home run plays this year that could be the difference between making the playoffs or not. I'm not sure you can say that any other player available at that pick had that kind of potential. Especially not the corners that were still there.

If we get lucky with this year's crop of picks we might not have any glaring needs going into next year's draft other than corner. So in the long run we might do better with a first round corner in next year's draft than anybody we could have had this year.

I agree. I was just trying to make a bad joke that the only thing bands pay less attention to than who the drummer is -- is who stands there and plays bass.

stillers4me
05-28-2014, 06:19 PM
Florio is an idiot.

That is all.

I swear to god he single handedly led the lynch mob against Ben and stirred up the media during the you know what accusations.

HollywoodSteel
05-28-2014, 06:22 PM
Florid was on NFL Radio today saying that Ben was also disgruntled because of his contract situation...He's making a lot less than the other premiere QBs, he feels that since he's won two Super Bowls, he should be one of the highest paid and lastly, he wants more money than the Rooneys are willing to pay...

Lol...

Florio also inferred by Ben's facial expressions and by rearranging all of the words in the last ten interviews Ben gave, that Ben is disgruntled about our nation's foreign policy, the fact that Twinkies have not yet returned to the shelves of his local supermarket, and that the metric system never did get a fair shake. Man, that Florio is one hell of a journalist. He claims that Ben conveyed this sentiment, non-verbally, as well.

tube517
05-28-2014, 06:22 PM

:chuckle:

Mojouw
05-28-2014, 06:23 PM

Ben will put out a statement saying he watched the draft with three broken toes, a couple of cracked ribs, and a separated shoulder.

HollywoodSteel
05-28-2014, 06:29 PM
Ben will put out a statement saying he watched the draft with three broken toes, a couple of cracked ribs, and a separated shoulder.

Or at least that's what Florio will claim that he said… with his eyes.

86WARD
05-28-2014, 06:58 PM
Florio also inferred by Ben's facial expressions and by rearranging all of the words in the last ten interviews Ben gave, that Ben is disgruntled about our nation's foreign policy, the fact that Twinkies have not yet returned to the shelves of his local supermarket, and that the metric system never did get a fair shake. Man, that Florio is one hell of a journalist. He claims that Ben conveyed this sentiment, non-verbally, as well.

LMAO...on a side note...I thought Twinkies returned and they returned smaller?

stillers4me
05-28-2014, 06:59 PM

That's what Mccullers said.

HollywoodSteel
05-28-2014, 07:04 PM

Maybe they have and Ben's just being a drama queen about it. :)

vader29
05-28-2014, 07:26 PM
Smaller with a longer shelf life, hopefully Dri Archer has a longer shelf life than Chris Rainey did here.

http://thenypost.files.wordpress.com/2013/08/16n_twinkie_ipad-525x299.jpg

X-Terminator
05-28-2014, 08:35 PM

Lol...

Did he just read this article: http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/6175957-74/roethlisberger-steelers-contract, and then make shit up as he went along?

What a fucking hack Florio is.

zulater
05-29-2014, 05:10 AM
Smaller with a longer shelf life, hopefully Dri Archer has a longer shelf life than Chris Rainey did here.

http://thenypost.files.wordpress.com/2013/08/16n_twinkie_ipad-525x299.jpg

Two things. Dri is faster. And he's hopefully not a complete idiot like Rainey is. Personal issues as much as anything are why Rainey never got another shot in the league.