PDA

View Full Version : Shazier makes rough first impression

stillers4me
05-27-2014, 05:41 PM
Ryan Shazier made an impact on his first day on the job but maybe not the way he or the organization would like. The 15th pick in this month’s draft threw down C Maurkice Pouncey during a drill.
Immediately realizing his error, Shazier tried to quickly make amends with a handshake, but Pouncey wanted no part of it.

“I didn’t want to break rule No. 10,” said Pouncey, referring to coach Mike Tomlin’s edict which forbids fighting.

Not all was bad for Shazier though as the Steelers, at least for now, ditched any traditions and had the former Ohio State star working with the first team defense.

One of the players battling Shazier for the starting ILB spot is Shaun Spence. Though he’s two years older, Spence has as much playing time in the NFL as Shazier: Zero..............

Read more @ http://burgh.us/pbz

Dwinsgames
05-27-2014, 07:00 PM
some may not like this , but I love it ...

not that I am for full go in OTAs as its a long ways till week 17 , however you have to like a kid who shows intensity and is ready to battle from the opening gun so to speak ...

and as much as the offensive guys probably hated this move I can almost guarantee Lebeau was smiling INSIDE and Porter was smiling outside .... If this is any indication it should be very interesting in Latrobe this summer

Devilsdancefloor
05-27-2014, 07:05 PM
well someone needs to wake pouncey up

“Smell the ball in the air -- OTAs 2014.” :tomlinism:

Hindes204
05-27-2014, 07:06 PM
I agree Dwins! Ol Dick loved that shit

stillers4me
05-27-2014, 07:50 PM
Pouncy gettin' picked on by the rookies again..........

Count Hogan
05-27-2014, 08:10 PM
I tell you what brother, next thing Shazier does he better piledrive Marcus Gilbert. The rest of the O-line will be all the safer.

86WARD
05-27-2014, 08:10 PM

not that I am for full go in OTAs as its a long ways till week 17 , however you have to like a kid who shows intensity and is ready to battle from the opening gun so to speak ...

and as much as the offensive guys probably hated this move I can almost guarantee Lebeau was smiling INSIDE and Porter was smiling outside .... If this is any indication it should be very interesting in Latrobe this summer

Ask Sean Lee how he feels about the "non-contact" OTAs.

Count Steeler
05-27-2014, 08:15 PM
Heh, heh, heh. Beware Wallace bearing surgical gloves. Will be interesting to see how Shazier gets initiated.

Moose
05-28-2014, 09:18 AM

Gotta agree 100% I love this. You're on the field battling for a job...show your shit !

salamander
05-28-2014, 01:33 PM
I like it. Showing some intensity already. Johnny Manziel better watch his back. :chuckle:

LLT
05-28-2014, 04:02 PM
I'm psyched about this guy!!! Love the intensity...love the passion.

stillers4me
05-28-2014, 04:48 PM
I like it............just not Pouncey. K?