PDA

View Full Version : Steelers' running backs still can't hold onto the football

LLT
08-15-2010, 05:00 AM
Steelers' running backs still can't hold onto the football
By F. Dale Lolley, Staff writer
dlolley@observer-reporter.com

PITTSBURGH - The Steelers spent the offseason and early part of training camp working on improving a rushing attack that ranked 19th in the league last year.

The early returns weren't all that impressive as Pittsburgh's top two running backs, Rashard Mendenhall and Mewelde Moore, combined for just four yards on six carries.

Read more: http://www.observer-reporter.com/or/localsports/8-15-Steelers-Lions-notebook

HometownGal
08-15-2010, 06:39 AM
The fumbilitis is a problem that these guys better get fixed before the first regular season game or it's going to be a very loooooong season for the Steelers O. Tomlin should super glue the ball to their armpits until next weekend. :heh:

Galax Steeler
08-15-2010, 07:04 AM
I just hope they get it out of there system before regular season we don't need to worry about fumbling everytime we touch the ball.

steelpride12
08-15-2010, 07:30 AM
Mendy just needs to learn that when your about to get hit your suppose to protect the ball!

Slanted August
08-15-2010, 08:10 AM
Red's spin move is a thing of beauty but when he fights for the extra yard he seems vulnerable to losing the rock.

X-Terminator
08-15-2010, 08:22 AM
Mendy just needs to learn that when your about to get hit your suppose to protect the ball!

Do the Steelers have a running backs coach? Why hasn't he been working with Mendenhall on ball security? It seems he is still holding the ball way too low and away from his body in traffic, rather than securing it against his body. It's a easy fix. Mendenhall himself should shoulder a large part of the blame as well, because he knows better than that. If you hold the ball like that, you're basically telling the defense "here, knock the ball out of my hands."

stillers4me
08-15-2010, 08:29 AM
Do the Steelers have a running backs coach? Why hasn't he been working with Mendenhall on ball security? It seems he is still holding the ball way too low and away from his body in traffic, rather than securing it against his body. It's a easy fix. Mendenhall himself should shoulder a large part of the blame as well, because he knows better than that. If you hold the ball like that, you're basically telling the defense "here, knock the ball out of my hands."

While I'm not in panic mode yet, this does have me concerned. Mendy's fumbilitis has been going on far too long and you would think that someone on the coaching staff would be focused on this.

Burghfan58
08-15-2010, 08:36 AM
Yes they have a running back coach. Without looking it up I beleive his name is Kirby Wilson. He should have both Mendenhall and Moore carrying a ball at all times until camp breaks.

steelpride12
08-15-2010, 08:39 AM
Well whoever it is I don't care, but this needs fixed asap. We will not win games turning the ball over from fumbles it's a high risk I won't take no way. I would tell him to just protect the ball the entire run instead of keeping it low.