PDA

View Full Version : No shortage of Roethlisberger jersey sightings at exhibition opener

LLT
08-15-2010, 04:54 AM
No shortage of Roethlisberger jersey sightings at exhibition opener
By Kevin Gorman, PITTSBURGH TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Sunday, August 15, 2010

Whether Ben Roethlisberger will be greeted with cheers or jeers when he takes a snap remains to be seen, but fans weren't shy about wearing the Steelers quarterback's number to Heinz Field on Saturday night for the team's first preseason game against the Detroit Lions.

Men, women and children sported No. 7 jerseys, but not necessarily in support of Roethlisberger, who received a conditional six-game suspension from NFL commissioner Roger Goodell after drawing two sexual assault accusations but no charges in a nine-month span.

Read More: http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_695024.html

Galax Steeler
08-15-2010, 07:11 AM
He got his share of cheers if anybody booed him I didn't hear it.

HometownGal
08-15-2010, 07:16 AM
I would hope that Steelers fans have moved beyond being pissed off with Ben's shenanigans during the offseason. It's done and over with, he's serving his punishment - time to move on and I'm happy to hear that a lot of fans have done just that. :thumbsup:

memphissteelergirl
08-15-2010, 10:11 PM
He got his share of cheers if anybody booed him I didn't hear it.

On the radio broadcast I heard that there was a little faction of the crowd who booed him, but Tunch basically dismissed them as a bunch of dumb-dumbs trying to draw attention to themselves.

TatarMongol
08-15-2010, 11:00 PM
I would hope that Steelers fans have moved beyond being pissed off with Ben's shenanigans during the offseason. It's done and over with, he's serving his punishment - time to move on and I'm happy to hear that a lot of fans have done just that. :thumbsup:

hear hear. besides U can't boo some1 just because he was accused of something.

Killer
08-16-2010, 04:50 AM
It's done and over with

Except for local sports writers who keep trying to stir the shitpot to sell a story where there is none.

stillers4me
08-16-2010, 05:09 AM
Except for local sports writers who keep trying to stir the shitpot to sell a story where there is none.

Ding, ding, ding!!

kittenfantastico76
08-16-2010, 12:18 PM

Definitely my feelings on the whole thing. It's his time to prove himself and get beyond this mark on his record and reputation. I would simply tell him to show us what he's got! DO WORK SON! (Just stay out of the clubs!) ;)

SteelMember
08-16-2010, 01:43 PM
Jackie Woods... good answer! :tt02:

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
08-16-2010, 10:37 PM
Yeah but when leftwich was getting hammered those same people that were booing him were yelling "We want Ben" Steeler fans their so...... fickle :chuckle: