PDA

View Full Version : 'Cause This Went Well Last Time...

Mojouw
05-21-2014, 04:28 PM
http://www.steelersdepot.com/2014/05/steelers-o-line-currently-laughing-georgia-qb-ben-roethlisberger/

Stay outta the bars fellas! :doh:

tube517
05-21-2014, 06:22 PM
Stay the hell out of that state! SMDH.

I think I saw Gilbert's foot tripping Adams but Adams will get arrested for assault.

Please keep DeCastro away from Pouncey or get him some new contacts.

Craic
05-21-2014, 07:01 PM
In the pic on the plane, it SO looks like Ben is smoking a joint, with the way his hand is up against his face. :chuckle: I have no problem with them down there. Ben learned his lesson. He's grown up. I don't think there'll be any problems there whatsoever—at least of the kind we're thinking about.

Shoes
05-21-2014, 07:27 PM
Looks like Ben rented a Falcon 50EX…he should have went with a Challenger 605, the cabin is nice and wide. He's cheap like the Rooneys. :chuckle:

Hawkman
05-21-2014, 07:36 PM
Wonder how much water was displaced with all that manhood in the pool.

ALLD
05-21-2014, 07:53 PM
He should try the Atlantic ocean and South Beach in Miami if he wants a really good time. Best place to do everything at once.

GBMelBlount
05-21-2014, 10:04 PM
Glad to see them preparing for the 2014 season.

Shoes
05-21-2014, 10:13 PM
Glad to see them preparing for the 2014 season.

:chuckle:

Oh and keep Gilbert away from the cockpit!

fansince'76
05-21-2014, 11:59 PM
I have no problem with them down there. Ben learned his lesson. He's grown up. I don't think there'll be any problems there whatsoever—at least of the kind we're thinking about.

This.

zulater
05-22-2014, 07:49 AM
In the pic on the plane, it SO looks like Ben is smoking a joint, with the way his hand is up against his face. :chuckle: I have no problem with them down there. Ben learned his lesson. He's grown up. I don't think there'll be any problems there whatsoever—at least of the kind we're thinking about.

Looks more like he's scarfing down a burger or something to me.

Ben's married and all grown up. The fact that he still has the place suggests to me that he's been down there multiple times since his troubles without incident. We just didn't know about it. Oh yeah let us not forget Ben's teammates hate him. :sarcasm:

Hawkman
05-22-2014, 08:42 AM

That's what I thought.

- - - Updated - - -

Too bad there isn't a normal sized person in the pool.....just for reference, say, 6 ft, 195.

zulater
05-22-2014, 08:43 AM
For what it's worth over the years I've refined my theory as to what happened that fateful night in Georgia to the point that I think you can plausibly explain how the accusation came about without painting either accuser or accused as a villainous individual.

So if you don't want to go back there, then skip over the rest of this post. You've been warned.

Let's start with the movie One Flew over the cuckoo's nest. To wit, how it applies to my theory, it's about group think when stupid young men are involved. The scene where the collective get's B-b-b-billy laid. ( if you haven't ever seen this movie, you should, one of the all time greatest movies ever made) That scene is similar in nature to what I think happened with the group of Ben's friends trying to get the birthday boy laid with what they perceived to be a willing accomplice. I think in the end both Ben and the young lady kind of got caught up in the tide, with Ben in particular not being entirely enthusiastic about what was expected of him.

So if you're following, I think the young lady and Ben find themselves in a bathroom, having been placed there by Ben's entourage with the expectation that they're there to perform in a sense. That's not to say the door was open and the group was ogling on. No, but what I'm saying is they were presented each other, the thinking being that this was in sense a present to them both.

So here they are, Ben feeling duty bound clumsily performs as he believes the group expects. The young lady now sensing that Ben really isn't in to it now is feeling buyer's remorse. Remember according to the D.A. report the young lady never claimed to have asked Ben to stop, never physically or verbally tried to check him in any way in fact. So she allows Ben to continue, but likely hoping that Ben senses her new-found reluctance will either stop or try harder to at least make her receptive again. ( yeah I think she knew damn well why they were being led to a private setting, remember it's also been reported that she had earlier invited Ben back to her sorority house)

So after the fact Ben just wants to get out of there, wham -bam- no thank you ma'am. Her, she's likely feeling used, awkward, and stupid, but not raped or assaulted. Remember it wasn't her idea to press charges, it was her friends that pressed the issue. ("whatever ya'll") and insisted that police be brought into it. So instead of immediately derailing a false allegation, for the second time in the same night she allows herself to be taken down a path she needn't and shouldn't have taken.

And at the end if you read through all the blather, the Ga. D.A.s report stated clearly that we punish crimes, not faulty morals. Implicating that both parties exercised poor judgement that night.

So in conclusion, neither were innocent but no crime took place. Both succumbed to group expectations, and both would live to regret it.

86WARD
05-22-2014, 10:48 AM
Of course they hate Ben...but hey...it's a free trip...

HollywoodSteel
05-22-2014, 05:15 PM
For what it's worth over the years I've refined my theory as to what happened that fateful night in Georgia to the point that I think you can plausibly explain how the accusation came about without painting either accuser or accused as a villainous individual.

So if you don't want to go back there, then skip over the rest of this post. You've been warned.

Let's start with the movie One Flew over the cuckoo's nest. To wit, how it applies to my theory, it's about group think when stupid young men are involved. The scene where the collective get's B-b-b-billy laid. ( if you haven't ever seen this movie, you should, one of the all time greatest movies ever made) That scene is similar in nature to what I think happened with the group of Ben's friends trying to get the birthday boy laid with what they perceived to be a willing accomplice. I think in the end both Ben and the young lady kind of got caught up in the tide, with Ben in particular not being entirely enthusiastic about what was expected of him.

So if you're following, I think the young lady and Ben find themselves in a bathroom, having been placed there by Ben's entourage with the expectation that they're there to perform in a sense. That's not to say the door was open and the group was ogling on. No, but what I'm saying is they were presented each other, the thinking being that this was in sense a present to them both.

So here they are, Ben feeling duty bound clumsily performs as he believes the group expects. The young lady now sensing that Ben really isn't in to it now is feeling buyer's remorse. Remember according to the D.A. report the young lady never claimed to have asked Ben to stop, never physically or verbally tried to check him in any way in fact. So she allows Ben to continue, but likely hoping that Ben senses her new-found reluctance will either stop or try harder to at least make her receptive again. ( yeah I think she knew damn well why they were being led to a private setting, remember it's also been reported that she had earlier invited Ben back to her sorority house)

So after the fact Ben just wants to get out of there, wham -bam- no thank you ma'am. Her, she's likely feeling used, awkward, and stupid, but not raped or assaulted. Remember it wasn't her idea to press charges, it was her friends that pressed the issue. ("whatever ya'll") and insisted that police be brought into it. So instead of immediately derailing a false allegation, for the second time in the same night she allows herself to be taken down a path she needn't and shouldn't have taken.

And at the end if you read through all the blather, the Ga. D.A.s report stated clearly that we punish crimes, not faulty morals. Implicating that both parties exercised poor judgement that night.

So in conclusion, neither were innocent but no crime took place. Both succumbed to group expectations, and both would live to regret it.

I think it's as plausible a version as any I've heard. Obviously we'll never know for sure what happened that night, but one thing that no one can deny is that Ben has been a model citizen since then, and everyone close to him claims that it isn't an act. All that really tells us is that, in his heart Ben is most likely not the evil monster that some people would like to believe he is. Generally people don't change from being evil to good like that. Bad tigers usually show their true stripes eventually. Does that mean that Ben acted admirably that night? Of course not. And his actions since then are not definitive proof of anything. But in the legal world there's a big difference between evidence and proof. The way he has lived his life since that night is at least evidence that Ben is a decent human being in his heart of hearts.

zulater
05-22-2014, 06:15 PM
I think it's as plausible a version as any I've heard. Obviously we'll never know for sure what happened that night, but one thing that no one can deny is that Ben has been a model citizen since then, and everyone close to him claims that it isn't an act. All that really tells us is that, in his heart Ben is most likely not the evil monster that some people would like to believe he is. Generally people don't change from being evil to good like that. Bad tigers usually show their true stripes eventually. Does that mean that Ben acted admirably that night? Of course not. And his actions since then are not definitive proof of anything. But in the legal world there's a big difference between evidence and proof. The way he has lived his life since that night is at least evidence that Ben is a decent human being in his heart of hearts.

You really hit the nail on the head Hollywood

Craic
05-22-2014, 08:53 PM

On second look, yeah. But on first glance, I started laughing, because it looks like he's holding a roach, but trying to hide it from the camera as well. "Psst. Want some?"

Godfather
05-22-2014, 08:58 PM
Terrible. It shows Tomlin can't control his players. Fire him now.

HollywoodSteel
05-22-2014, 11:10 PM
On second look, yeah. But on first glance, I started laughing, because it looks like he's holding a roach, but trying to hide it from the camera as well. "Psst. Want some?"

Well, it's certainly not enough evidence to charge him with anything, let alone convict. So, that should equate to a six game suspension, reducible to four. Or wait, this is his second non-offense, so maybe he should suspended for the whole season. As long as it's more than whatever Ray Rice gets, since, you know, Ray actually committed a crime.

tube517
05-23-2014, 09:40 AM
Well, it's certainly not enough evidence to charge him with anything, let alone convict. So, that should equate to a six game suspension, reducible to four. Or wait, this is his second non-offense, so maybe he should suspended for the whole season. As long as it's more than whatever Ray Rice gets, since, you know, both Rays actually committed crimes.

Fixed

Sent from a Galaxy Note 2

HollywoodSteel
05-23-2014, 12:35 PM
Fixed

Sent from a Galaxy Note 2

First Ray committed his crime under a different commissioner. I'm not going to throw that into the comparison. There was a lot of off the field stuff that used to happen without players being suspended. We had a guy on our team shoot at a police helicopter and not get suspended. Different times and all...

tube517
05-23-2014, 07:52 PM
First Ray committed his crime under a different commissioner. I'm not going to throw that into the comparison. There was a lot of off the field stuff that used to happen without players being suspended. We had a guy on our team shoot at a police helicopter and not get suspended. Different times and all...

Completely missed my point. I'm not talking about commissioners here. Just, you know, Stabbit Ray shares the same first name as Ray "I'll make my wife apologize for Me hitting her" Rice.

HollywoodSteel
05-24-2014, 02:56 PM
Completely missed my point. I'm not talking about commissioners here. Just, you know, Stabbit Ray shares the same first name as Ray "I'll make my wife apologize for Me hitting her" Rice.

That press conference was very strange. Maybe Ray Lewis should have used a similar strategy: getting the victim to take half the blame for getting himself stabbed. I guess that's a bit easier to do with a live victim than a dead one.

tube517
05-24-2014, 06:57 PM
That press conference was very strange. Maybe Ray Lewis should have used a similar strategy: getting the victim to take half the blame for getting himself stabbed. I guess that's a bit easier to do with a live victim than a dead one.

Well, as someone commented on one of the articles about the press conference. All he has to do is have 5 more children with 3 other women. Say "God" in every sentence. Do a stupid dance and then Baltimore will worship him forever.

HollywoodSteel
05-24-2014, 07:56 PM
Well, as someone commented on one of the articles about the press conference. All he has to do is have 5 more children with 3 other women. Say "God" in every sentence. Do a stupid dance and then Baltimore will worship him forever.

Or he just has to help them win. I wouldn't say that it's exactly unique to Baltimore.

I can kid around about Ray Lewis too, but the truth is he did turn his life around after that incident as much you could hope for. The guy I think I have the hardest time forgiving is Michael Vick (I mean aside from someone like Aaron Hernandez who will never play in the NFL again). Maybe that seems unfair and overly sentimental, but after reading the kind of torture those dogs were put through... it's just hard for me to imagine a decent person being capable of participating in such acts or facilitating it at all. How could it not rip at your heart to even know about that kind of thing?