PDA

View Full Version : Steelers receiver Justin Brown eyes new targets

stillers4me
05-21-2014, 05:41 AM
In a perfect world, Steelers receiver Justin Brown would not have participated in rookie minicamp for a second consecutive year. The camp’s name suggests Brown was out of place, which he was as the only 2013 draft pick that had to take part in the three-day camp.

Brown was selected in the sixth round last year and did not make the 53-man roster. He spent the season on the practice squad, which made him eligible to participate in the camp for the second year in a row with other members of the 2013 practice squad, the 2014 draft choices and undrafted free agents.

Brown, who came to the Steelers after playing for Penn State and Oklahoma, said his second go-round at rookie minicamp stood in stark contrast to his first.

“It’s a lot different having that year under my belt, just knowing the system,” Brown said. “My first year, I was running around like a chicken with my head cut off. Now, I’m more comfortable and I can just play.”........

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2014/05/21/Steelers-receiver-Brown-eyes-new-targets/stories/201405210039#ixzz32LU6cu3v