PDA

View Full Version : Ryan Clark Thanks Steelers, Fans For 8 Great Years

stillers4me
05-20-2014, 08:16 PM
As you know by now, Ryan Clark is now a former Steeler after eight solid seasons complimenting Troy Polamalu in the secondary.
Clark wanted to close the Steeler chapter of his, life but for last time, he wanted to go down memory lane and wanted to do it with Bob Pompeani at KDKA-TV.

Clark was one of the hardest hitters in the game and one particular hit against the Patriots sticks out in his mind.

“My favorite is [going to] be Wes Welker until I’m gone from this Earth. The Patriots had this mystique about them, they still do, honestly. Wes Welker had this mystique about him, about being a scrappy, tough and whatever adjectives people always like to add to him. We just didn’t like those guys, we just didn’t and it just felt so good, to hit him,” Clark said........

Read more @ http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2014/05/20/ryan-clark-thanks-steelers-fans-for-8-great-years/

fansince'76
05-20-2014, 08:21 PM
“My favorite is [going to] be Wes Welker until I’m gone from this Earth. The Patriots had this mystique about them, they still do, honestly. Wes Welker had this mystique about him, about being a scrappy, tough and whatever adjectives people always like to add to him. We just didn’t like those guys, we just didn’t and it just felt so good, to hit him,” Clark said.

Cue a whole bunch of fans indignantly telling Clark to STFU even though he isn't even on the team anymore...

stillers4me
05-20-2014, 08:25 PM
Ryan has always been one of favorite players....hard hitter, gritty, we are talking about a man that nearly died to play football. And came back as good if not better than he was before he got sick.

Mojouw
05-20-2014, 08:30 PM
I still thought Clark killed Willis McGahee a few years ago in perhaps one of the greatest playoff games I will ever see.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNmEeTgYLvw

I also will never forget his safety partner stopping a Flacco scramble in the most Troy Polamalu way possible. I remember he jumped over the line and kind held on to Flacco's pads. At least I think that was the same game...couldn't find the highlight. Only the game-sealing pick 6!

blackngldblood
05-20-2014, 09:54 PM
I still thought Clark killed Willis McGahee a few years ago in perhaps one of the greatest playoff games I will ever see.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNmEeTgYLvw

I also will never forget his safety partner stopping a Flacco scramble in the most Troy Polamalu way possible. I remember he jumped over the line and kind held on to Flacco's pads. At least I think that was the same game...couldn't find the highlight. Only the game-sealing pick 6!

Man I wish NFL rewind went back a couple more seasons then what they currently do! Is Clark referring to the Pats game in '10 in this article?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tube517
05-20-2014, 10:08 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXmExSq9jog (poor quality) 2008 game vs the Cheats*

blackngldblood
05-21-2014, 02:40 AM
Man I wish NFL rewind went back a couple more seasons then what they currently do! Is Clark referring to the Pats game in '10 in this article?

Also, I didnt notice any Steelers fans throwing popcorn at Him as he left on the stretcher. Just sayin....

stillers4me
05-21-2014, 05:35 AM
We just didn’t like those guys, we just didn’t and it just felt so good, to hit him,” Clark said.

We felt good when you hit him, too. :lol: Be careful what you say, Ryan. Der Kommishioner doesn't like that kind of talk. Thank YOU, for 8 great years.

ALLD
05-21-2014, 06:14 AM
A punishing hitter whose methods were legislated out of the game. If it were not for James Harrison being on the same team, Clark would have received more national media attention. Good effort coming back from a major illness to send others out on a stretcher.

HollywoodSteel
05-22-2014, 05:48 PM
He was true Steeler in a long line of violent, hard hitting defenders. I am grateful that he was able to play most of his career in an era where his style of football was still allowed and appreciated. He, and the era he played in, will be missed.

Kittyfish
05-22-2014, 05:54 PM
He was ways a favorite of mine, and I wish him nothing but the best. I am sure he'll want to retire as a Steelers and I look forward to welcoming him back to the team then.

Butch
05-22-2014, 09:05 PM
Thoroughly enjoyed many of Ryan's hits throughout the years those will be sorely missed. I am with those who hopes he comes back to retire a Steeler.