PDA

View Full Version : Steelers NT Daniel McCullers having 'run to the ball' beaten into his head

stillers4me
05-16-2014, 06:28 PM
After a day of the Steelers' rookie minicamp, nose tackle Daniel McCullers has been receiving a message, and expects to continue receiving it - Run to the ball.

Daniel McCullers may weigh 355 pounds but he's not above the Steelers' Run-and-Hit defense.

He has to run to the ball, like everyone else.

"Show that I can run to the ball, that I do have speed and that I will use it," McCullers said, as quoted by Tribune-Review reporter Mark Kaboly. "Run to the ball. That's what they've wanted me to do from the moment they brought me here.".........

Read more @ http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2014-steelers-rookie-minicamp-orientation/2014/5/16/5725116/dan-mccullers-steelers-roster-chances-defensive-line-depth-chart

one side only
05-16-2014, 10:15 PM
I always find it interesting that people read the second hand news sites like BTSC. Why not just read the quoted article, written by someone who actually attended the rookie camp?

http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/6101992-74/bryant-team-rookie#axzz31wGP99Nb

Even more interesting is how BTSC developed an entire article out of two sentence written by Trib writer Mark Kaboly.

GBMelBlount
05-16-2014, 10:20 PM
After a day of the Steelers' rookie minicamp, nose tackle

Daniel McCullers has been receiving a message....Run to the ball.

"Show that I can run to the ball" McCullers said "

Run to the ball. That's what they've wanted me to do from the moment they brought me here.".........

Read more @ http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2014-steelers-rookie-minicamp-orientation/2014/5/16/5725116/dan-mccullers-steelers-roster-chances-defensive-line-depth-chart

This is very encouraging.

If McCullers learns to run to the ball I think he has a legitimate chance.

Run McCullers Run!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCFB2akLh4s

86WARD
05-17-2014, 05:57 AM
I always find it interesting that people read the second hand news sites like BTSC. Why not just read the quoted article, written by someone who actually attended the rookie camp?

http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/6101992-74/bryant-team-rookie#axzz31wGP99Nb

Even more interesting is how BTSC developed an entire article out of two sentence written by Trib writer Mark Kaboly.

This.

BtSC makes it sound like a bad thing too...

stillers4me
05-17-2014, 08:17 AM
From now on, I'll just let you guys post the articles since all the work I do is apparently not appreciated. I'm sitting here on an iPad because my computer is fried and and cannot maneuver around the web as easily. Finding and posting anything is not easy especially in the offseason. I'm tired of the complaints. I have a lot of other things I can do with my time. I try post articles that will provoke conversation among the members and hits from twitter to grow the site. All I get is criticism. If you don't want to read, don't read it.

GBMelBlount
05-17-2014, 08:32 AM
I appreciate your hard work Sue.

You are one of my favorite grandmas.

stillers4me
05-17-2014, 08:35 AM
I appreciate your hard work Sue.

You are one of my favorite grandmas.

Thank you, Tom. I think... :lol:

GBMelBlount
05-17-2014, 09:11 AM
Thank you, Tom. I think... :lol:

:grin:

salamander
05-17-2014, 09:35 AM
From now on, I'll just let you guys post the articles since all the work I do is apparently not appreciated. I'm sitting here on an iPad because my computer is fried and and cannot maneuver around the web as easily. Finding and posting anything is not easy especially in the offseason. I'm tired of the complaints. I have a lot of other things I can do with my time. I try post articles that will provoke conversation among the members and hits from twitter to grow the site. All I get is criticism. If you don't want to read, don't read it.

Ignore them. There are plenty of us who appreciate everything you do and all of the work you put in. If it's the same information, who cares where it comes from? Let them try to do even half of the work you do and see what happens. I guaran-damn-tee you we won't get half the quality stuff we get from you.

Steelerette
05-17-2014, 09:44 AM
Haha at first I read that as "run the ball" and I thought, "What in the WORLD are they doing with him??"

X-Terminator
05-17-2014, 09:47 AM
Sue, you know your efforts are, and have always been, appreciated around here. It's a lot of work, I know, and work that you volunteered to do on your own. Please keep posting the articles, and ignore the complaints. When you run or help run a forum, you simply aren't going to please everyone. Not worth getting upset over.

Shoes
05-17-2014, 10:06 AM
Sue, I've always appreciated what you've posted in articles and such. Your picks have always been interesting and hugely time saving for me. Thanks you…and please keep at it!

Count Steeler
05-17-2014, 12:43 PM
Over 15,000 posts critiqued by someone with just over 100. Glad we don't hear much more out of him/her.

Sue, you have to know that the long timers around here appreciate all of your efforts. Don't be put off by some wise crack.

one side only
05-17-2014, 05:04 PM

If you can get to BTSC and this site, you can get to the Trib's web site. I don't care if you like my criticism or not, but I wasn't criticizing you as much as the people who run those "Steelers News" sites and just troll the web from miles away, and quote somebody who reported first hand information. BTSC left out Kaboly's most interesting comment also.

- - - Updated - - -

Over 15,000 posts critiqued by someone with just over 100. Glad we don't hear much more out of him/her.

Sue, you have to know that the long timers around here appreciate all of your efforts. Don't be put off by some wise crack.

So smarts is measured by post count?

Steelerette
05-17-2014, 05:27 PM
I don't care if you like my criticism or not,

Stay classy, my friend.

SteelGhost
05-17-2014, 06:47 PM
I don't post often, but I read the forum every day and I appreciate your work Sue :thumbsup:

Count Steeler
05-17-2014, 06:54 PM

Obviously not, because I didn't say anything about smarts, now did I? I am speaking to levels of contribution. stillers4me does a heck of a lot on this site and I don't appreciate someone taking a shot at her, especially from a relative newb.

salamander
05-17-2014, 08:43 PM
If you can get to BTSC and this site, you can get to the Trib's web site. I don't care if you like my criticism or not, but I wasn't criticizing you as much as the people who run those "Steelers News" sites and just troll the web from miles away, and quote somebody who reported first hand information. BTSC left out Kaboly's most interesting comment also.

- - - Updated - - -

Cool story, bro. :ranger:

HollywoodSteel
05-17-2014, 09:03 PM
Okay, I can see how this can get uglier than it has to be. Stillers4me, you make a good point and we should all be careful how we word things so that they don't come off as criticism of you or any of the other really hard workers around here who bring us so much valuable stuff. I'm sure I take you all for granted more than I should, and this is a good reminder that we should all take the extra ten seconds to thank you for everything you bring to this site.

I can see how OSO's first comment could look like criticism, and he really didn't do himself any favors with the way he worded his follow up either. But that said, I'm familiar with him from another site that some of us migrated from, and he is not a troll. He is an informed fan who I believe can be a upstanding contributor to this site as well. I hope he and everyone here can get past this little unfortunate exchange and start over.

If you guys remember, Dwins also got off to a rough start here and I'm sure we're all happy he stayed. Maybe we can all just hug it out and sing Kumbaya now. :)

one side only
05-17-2014, 09:24 PM
Obviously not, because I didn't say anything about smarts, now did I? I am speaking to levels of contribution. stillers4me does a heck of a lot on this site and I don't appreciate someone taking a shot at her, especially from a relative newb.

Level of contribution is exactly the reason for my original response. BTSC trolls the web, looking for stories from credible sources, then embellishes those stories with thoughts of their own that may or may not be accurate. Take the BTSC story's headline: "Steelers NT Daniel McCullers having 'run to the ball' beaten into his head." Nowhere in Kaboly's account will you find anything that even suggests the coaches said anything about running to the ball to McCullers, at least not during rookie camp. Rather, McCullers was talking about what he hoped to accomplish at rookie camp. BTSC goes on to predict we will be hearing about McCullers' pad level during training camp, something they must have read about on one of the many draft sites.

There is another post on here that quotes a story from another second hand news site that suggests it might be a good idea to put Rob Branchflower on IR. One of the dumbest things I've ever read. The story doesn't mention Branchflower's own pro day, and that Branchflower was checked out by doctors at something called the NFL Combine re-check, something I have not heard of before. I discovered those tidbits in an article written by somebody in Boston who actually talked to Branchflower. For some reason, the guy who wrote the second hand opinion piece is revered for his Steelers "coverage" on some message boards, even though he probably has never been to Heinz Field. I'm a season ticket holder, Pittsburgh native and closely follow the first hand accounts of the team from all the best reporters, including the local sports talk shows. I also know somebody in the Steeler organization.

My point is second hand news sites lack credibility when compared to first hand coverage of the team. I would rather see a SU member quote an original article and then present some of their own thoughts. Would be as good or better than BTSC or those other sites.

tube517
05-17-2014, 09:28 PM
Uh I rely on this forum a lot and it gets me through the day. I appreciate your hard work Sue. If any criticism is from me it's for the author of the article never for you. And if I have to criticize anything in this thread it's GB's frightening yet realistic avatar

Sent from my SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Shoes
05-17-2014, 09:56 PM
There is another post on here that quotes a story from another second hand news site that suggests it might be a good idea to put Rob Branchflower on IR. One of the dumbest things I've ever read. The story doesn't mention Branchflower's own pro day, and that Branchflower was checked out by doctors at something called the NFL Combine re-check, something I have not heard of before. I discovered those tidbits in an article written by somebody in Boston who actually talked to Branchflower. For some reason, the guy who wrote the second hand opinion piece is revered for his Steelers "coverage" on some message boards, even though he probably has never been to Heinz Field. I'm a season ticket holder, Pittsburgh native and closely follow the first hand accounts of the team from all the best reporters, including the local sports talk shows. I also know somebody in the Steeler organization.

My point is second hand news sites lack credibility when compared to first hand coverage of the team. I would rather see a SU member quote an original article and then present some of their own thoughts. Would be as good or better than BTSC or those other sites.

I suppose I may have missed something but my understanding was that Blanchflower didn't make the UMass pro day ( Did he have a private workout with the Steelers?). He had surgery in December for a bilateral sports hernia.I'm not sure what the recovery time is for that. Is he fully recovered? I sure hope he is.

X-Terminator
05-17-2014, 10:28 PM
Level of contribution is exactly the reason for my original response. BTSC trolls the web, looking for stories from credible sources, then embellishes those stories with thoughts of their own that may or may not be accurate. Take the BTSC story's headline: "Steelers NT Daniel McCullers having 'run to the ball' beaten into his head." Nowhere in Kaboly's account will you find anything that even suggests the coaches said anything about running to the ball to McCullers, at least not during rookie camp. Rather, McCullers was talking about what he hoped to accomplish at rookie camp. BTSC goes on to predict we will be hearing about McCullers' pad level during training camp, something they must have read about on one of the many draft sites.

Now that you word it like that, I see your point. What we do, though, is get as many stories out there from as many outlets possible, so that we have viewpoints from as many angles as possible. Hence why articles from BTSC and other sites of that nature (:tomlinism:) are posted here, along with originals from the major newspapers. A well-rounded site makes for a better one, IMO.

GBMelBlount
05-17-2014, 10:40 PM
Uh I rely on this forum a lot and it gets me through the day. I appreciate your hard work Sue. If any criticism is from me it's for the author of the article never for you. And if I have to criticize anything in this thread it's GB's frightening yet realistic avatar

Sent from my SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Go piss on a Raven. :lol:

Chidi29
05-17-2014, 10:49 PM
I suppose I may have missed something but my understanding was that Blanchflower didn't make the UMass pro day ( Did he have a private workout with the Steelers?). He had surgery in December for a bilateral sports hernia.I'm not sure what the recovery time is for that. Is he fully recovered? I sure hope he is.

You're correct though the point of contention is pretty minor. Blanchflower did not work out at UMass' Pro Day but had a private workout with teams about a month later. The Steelers' brought him in for a visit as part of the pre-draft process. As far as I'm aware, that doesn't include a workout. Rules don't allow it at a team's facility.

Believe Blanchflower said he was healthy but not "100%" in football shape during his private Pro Day. Should be good for camp though, I'd imagine.

Shoes
05-17-2014, 11:12 PM
You're correct though the point of contention is pretty minor. Blanchflower did not work out at UMass' Pro Day but had a private workout with teams about a month later. The Steelers' brought him in for a visit as part of the pre-draft process. As far as I'm aware, that doesn't include a workout. Rules don't allow it at a team's facility.

Believe Blanchflower said he was healthy but not "100%" in football shape during his private Pro Day. Should be good for camp though, I'd imagine.

Thanks Chidi…hope he does very well!

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z211/vestkap/BLANCHFLOWER_zpsa889e629.jpg (http://s190.photobucket.com/user/vestkap/media/BLANCHFLOWER_zpsa889e629.jpg.html)

Chidi29
05-17-2014, 11:31 PM
I'm excited for him...see some Heath Miller in his game. When healthy and finally playing with a QB that isn't garbage, he can succeed. Think he can beat out Paulson out of camp. Not that that is saying much, I suppose.

Shoes
05-17-2014, 11:35 PM
I'm excited for him...see some Heath Miller in his game. When healthy and finally playing with a QB that isn't garbage, he can succeed. Think he can beat out Paulson out of camp. Not that that is saying much, I suppose.

I am too…I really like the young man. The TE coach said he plays with an edge….come to think of it he seems pissed in many of his photos. :chuckle:

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z211/vestkap/BL2_zps5b516ae9.jpg (http://s190.photobucket.com/user/vestkap/media/BL2_zps5b516ae9.jpg.html)