PDA

View Full Version : Episode 1, Behind The Scenes of the Steelers Draft

Shoes
05-14-2014, 09:04 PM
Should be interesting….

http://www.steelers.com/video-and-audio/videos/Countdown-2013-Ends-Draft-Season-Begins/a9149c0c-1473-41ec-82cc-838ddea184fa

86WARD
05-14-2014, 10:07 PM
Gearing up for Hard Knocks?

katmandu
05-14-2014, 10:26 PM
Pretty cool look behind the scenes!

Shoes
05-14-2014, 10:28 PM
Gearing up for Hard Knocks?

Please no!!! Hopefully they will continue the slobber fest over Sam

HollywoodSteel
05-15-2014, 11:00 AM
Please no!!! Hopefully they will continue the slobber fest over Sam

I have no idea why people are so afraid of Hard Knocks. Do you actually think it will make the difference between even a single win or loss in the regular season? If so, then our coaching staff doesn't deserve their jobs. And last year the coaches could not have done a worse job with what they had going into the season, so maybe a microscope on them might actually help. It sure as hell couldn't make things any worse.

Shoes
05-15-2014, 11:21 AM
There isn't much on tv I watch except steeler football. It's an absolute waste of time IMO. I see no benefit to the team with this nonsense, even more so when it's FORCED on teams

HollywoodSteel
05-15-2014, 01:20 PM
There isn't much on tv I watch except steeler football. It's an absolute waste of time IMO. I see no benefit to the team with this nonsense, even more so when it's FORCED on teams

It benefits the team in some ways. More national exposure usually does. But really it's about benefiting the fans. I watch Hard Knocks every year because it's interesting. Hard Knocks with the Steelers would be even more interesting to me. If I really felt like it would equate to any actual losses, then I'd be with you, but the whole point of football is entertainment, and this adds to the entertainment without hurting the game. I don't see the downside.

Coaches would probably not want to give press conferences or deal with the media at all if it weren't in their contracts to do so, but it's part of the job and they deal with it because it adds to fans understanding and enjoyment of the game. Our coaches and players would survive having some cameras around during training camp. If it's too much for them to handle then they don't deserve their jobs, because an HBO crew is gonna be the least of their problems if they can't deal with a tiny drop of added pressure.

Steeltreal
05-15-2014, 04:20 PM
This team is the FrontRunner for sure. Back to back non playoff Seasons, much to prove for Tomlin . Plus theyve managed to stay off the Negative Report offseason so far , after the past BS players have been having, Pouncey and Ben!

Psycho Ward 86
05-15-2014, 04:44 PM
This team is the FrontRunner for sure. Back to back non playoff Seasons, much to prove for Tomlin . Plus theyve managed to stay off the Negative Report offseason so far , after the past BS players have been having, Pouncey and Ben!

I think Michael Sam will make the Rams too hard to pass up as Shoes said

HollywoodSteel
05-15-2014, 06:42 PM

Yeah, I've heard that too. The NFL would probably want Cleveland with Johnny Football, but Cleveland would have to volunteer since they have a new coach.

86WARD
05-16-2014, 11:30 AM

Agree. Sure swings the odds into the favor of the Rams...

HollywoodSteel
05-18-2014, 09:06 AM

NFL TO MICHAEL SAM: "Michael, we are very disappointed that you decided to do a reality show for Oprah. Even though cameras for that show will not be allowed in the locker room, practice field, or any other NFL facility, we can't help but think this will serve as a great distraction for you and your fellow teammates when nothing should be taking your focus away from football. On a totally unrelated note, please cooperate fully with the Hard Knocks crew that will be in the locker room, on the practice field, and following you all over during your free time to document this historic training camp for you..."

Count Steeler
05-18-2014, 10:09 AM
Actually, would love to see the Rams selected and see how HBO treats Michael. If he is worthy, I hope he makes the team. If he does not perform, he better be cut.

ALLD
05-18-2014, 10:27 AM
Good production quality, but not a whole lot of substance. Just a bunch of cameos. I like the pre and post game videos better. Whatever happened to YinzLuvsthe Stillers?