PDA

View Full Version : Mike Adams sued for malicious prosecution

Dwinsgames
05-13-2014, 12:41 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/05/13/mike-adams-sued-for-malicious-prosecution/

steelreserve
05-13-2014, 01:36 PM
I don't understand why Adams is the one being sued. Weren't the police the ones who arrested the guy, and the courts the ones who kept him in jail?

Yeah, I'd be pissed too if I spent 11 months in jail waiting to be found not guilty, but on the other hand, there's no denying the fact that someone was stabbed, and it's hard to argue you should be receiving money for that. But I guess if the legal system came up all 7's for you once, might as well let it ride.

Dwinsgames
05-13-2014, 01:40 PM
what I keep going back to is this ......

Innocent men do not run ......

all 3 of these guys ran ( some further and harder ) but all 3 ran none the less

yet somehow our Judicial system let them get off free men , now instead of celebrating their new found freedom they want to try and capitalize on their already good fortune

Count Steeler
05-13-2014, 03:49 PM
God bless America!

fansince'76
05-13-2014, 05:23 PM
I don't understand why Adams is the one being sued.

Because he has money and it would probably be cheaper to settle out of court than to fight it. The city would actually fight it.

SteelerFanInStl
05-13-2014, 05:30 PM
Just ridiculous. Stab someone, run away, get let go by the judicial system and then turn around and sue the person that you stabbed.

zulater
05-13-2014, 06:00 PM
what I keep going back to is this ......

Innocent men do not run ......

all 3 of these guys ran ( some further and harder ) but all 3 ran none the less

yet somehow our Judicial system let them get off free men , now instead of celebrating their new found freedom they want to try and capitalize on their already good fortune

I don't think Adams will be a Steeler when next season opens.

Moose
05-13-2014, 07:02 PM
Definitely don't need distractions going into camp/preseason. I agree zulater, I think the FO will put a end to the problem the way they can.

Shoes
05-13-2014, 07:18 PM

That's what I'm thinking also.

Dwinsgames
05-13-2014, 07:28 PM

shall we start the Brandon Scherff, OT, Iowa pimp wagon now ? LOL

Hawkman
05-13-2014, 09:47 PM

What's a season without a good O-Line thread.

blackngldblood
05-13-2014, 11:48 PM
It's like the old folk tale of the burglar falling through the skylight in the victims kitchen, falling on a knife, and suing the homeowner for negligence. Allowing this kind of BS to flourish in our court systems is one of the many reasons this country is knee deep in corruption.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

steelreserve
05-14-2014, 02:09 AM
Because he has money and it would probably be cheaper to settle out of court than to fight it. The city would actually fight it.

Good point. Though I would think that any judge in his right mind would take one look at it and toss it out telling them that if you're going to sue anyone, sue the city, not the victim. Pretty weaksauce that you're even allowed to drag people into court like this.

fansince'76
05-14-2014, 06:46 AM
Good point. Though I would think that any judge in his right mind would take one look at it and toss it out telling them that if you're going to sue anyone, sue the city, not the victim. Pretty weaksauce that you're even allowed to drag people into court like this.

I agree, but after watching that judge in Nevada refuse to throw out the obviously frivolous lawsuit brought by McNulty against Roethlisberger, my already healthy cynicism toward the "justice" system in this country increased quite a bit. Want quick cash? Sue a rich person! Chances are they'll break out the checkbook just to avoid the hassle of prolonged legal proceedings (as opposed to a government entity who retain people on their staff for the sole purpose of dealing with BS like this)!

Texasteel
05-14-2014, 08:12 AM

You know I'm on that bandwagon.

fansince'76
05-14-2014, 03:30 PM

I'd hate to see that before a real OL coach can actually work with him. Especially over an at-best dubious (and IMO, bullshit) verdict. I think the argument the defense attorneys made about Adams having so much to lose causing him to lie about the events of that night could just as easily be applied to their clients since they were all staring at 20+ years in jail. And personally, I'm not buying it. Innocent people don't run away and try to evade the cops.

stillers4me
05-14-2014, 04:00 PM
I'd hate to see that before a real OL coach can actually work with him. Especially over an at-best dubious (and IMO, bullshit) verdict. I think the argument the defense attorneys made about Adams having so much to lose causing him to lie about the events of that night could just as easily be applied to their clients since they were all staring at 20+ years in jail. And personally, I'm not buying it. Innocent people don't run away and try to evade the cops.

Bingo. They didn't say omg! He's bleeding.......put pressure on the wound and call an ambulance!! They ran and had to be rounded up and arrested. For all they knew, he could have died.