PDA

View Full Version : Hey y'all and wow, lol

Angina
08-14-2010, 11:43 PM
You know, when I went into the hospital a few years ago to have my son, it was a warm, late summer's day in Pittsburgh. After we got out of the hospital about 2 weeks later (a few complications that thankfully were overcome), it was a cold, rainy, fall day in Pittsburgh and the leaves were falling, lol. I felt like Rip Van Winkle :lol:

My point being that I was a member of that "other" site, and though I didn't post much I read and enjoyed most of the conversations. I was gone from that site for most of the off season and just recently went back to check in........WOW...Rip Van Winkle time again, lol.

I don't know what happened but after frantically searching the internet and finding names like HomeTownGal, FanSince, and Preacher......my heart swelled. You all don't know me, but I enjoyed reading your and mostly everyone else's posts on the old site. I'm so glad I found you again!!!!

I'll probably slip back into lurk mode, but know that you've made one transplanted Pittsburgher VERY happy.

Thank you!!!!!!

SteelCityMan786
08-15-2010, 12:01 AM
Welcome aboard.

SteelerSal
08-15-2010, 12:19 AM
I don't know what happened but after frantically searching the internet and finding names like HomeTownGal, FanSince, and Preacher......my heart swelled. You all don't know me, but I enjoyed reading your and mostly everyone else's posts on the old site. I'm so glad I found you again!!!!

Save Steelers Universe to your favorites so that you wont have to search for the best Steelers site again....and Welcome!!

Wallace108
08-15-2010, 12:33 AM
Welcome, Angina. Don't slip into lurk mode. It's more fun out here.

Mattsme
08-15-2010, 12:36 AM
Fantastic intro post. And welcome.

fansince'76
08-15-2010, 01:23 AM
You know, when I went into the hospital a few years ago to have my son, it was a warm, late summer's day in Pittsburgh. After we got out of the hospital about 2 weeks later (a few complications that thankfully were overcome), it was a cold, rainy, fall day in Pittsburgh and the leaves were falling, lol. I felt like Rip Van Winkle :lol:

My point being that I was a member of that "other" site, and though I didn't post much I read and enjoyed most of the conversations. I was gone from that site for most of the off season and just recently went back to check in........WOW...Rip Van Winkle time again, lol.

I'll probably slip back into lurk mode, but know that you've made one transplanted Pittsburgher VERY happy.

Thank you!!!!!!

Actually Angina, I DO remember you from the old site, and welcome! (You had the "sunburst" avatar, correct?) It's not the quantity of posts that make a good poster, it's the quality, and the few posts you did have at SF were quality ones. I generally remember good posters. :drink:

As far as what happened to SF is concerned, I'll give you the short version: It was sold to an obvious non-Steelers fan for $23K who promptly proceeded to destroy it by first trying to charge everyone $45 per year to post there (which was the final impetus we needed to start this site) and has since recanted on that ill-advised stance and has now started to :spam: his own members in an attempt to recoup his money.

tihmtahm
08-15-2010, 01:40 AM
Welcome and a late congrats on the not so new anymore addition.

Angina
08-15-2010, 05:14 AM
Thank you all! :wave:

From what I've seen so far, great site (naturally, lol).

Wallace108: careful what you wish for :lol:

fansince'76: wow, you remember me? and thank you, lol

tihmtahm: I'll pass your good wishes onto my teenager :D

now then.....................lurk...lurk...lurk...

Galax Steeler
08-15-2010, 06:19 AM
Welcome to the board.

HometownGal
08-15-2010, 06:43 AM
Hey you - good to see you! :wave: :drink: Hope all is well in your world now!

No lurky and more posty - ya hear? :hug:

Texasteel
08-15-2010, 06:51 AM
Glad you found us. Glad you thought we were worth looking for.

Welcome home, and be it reading or posting, have a good time.

LLT
08-15-2010, 07:05 AM
Welcome to the board...glad you found us!!!!

stillers4me
08-15-2010, 07:26 AM
So happy you have found us! Don't be shy! (Lord knows we aren't!!) Wasn't it great to see our guys back on the field last night? Welcome to SU for the start of another rockin' and rollin' season of Steelers football. Guaranteed to keep you on the edge of your seat!

steelpride12
08-15-2010, 07:57 AM
Hey thankfully you found us and please post as much as you want we would appreciate that here! Welcome to the best Steelers boards around!

venom
08-16-2010, 05:32 AM
Welcome and Enjoy