Easier than typing 1,000 words

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f370/capt_taco/851607746_zpsaf71cba2.gif

salamander
05-12-2014, 11:19 AM
Sums it up quite well.

tube517
05-12-2014, 12:45 PM
:lol:

True, but going back to 1992 w/the Cowher/LeBeau/Capers regime, CBs aren't a high priority. Woodson was a Chuck Noll pick. Who else have we drafted high (1st-3rd) since? Deon Figures, Chad Scott, Curtis Brown, Ricardo Colclough, Bryant McFadden......their drafting track record sucks.

Ike was a project. Deshea sat for years. They signed free agents like DeWayne Washington. Willie Williams came back after 10 years!

The one good CB we drafted in the 3rd round left (keenan)

Deon Figures

I doubt we will see it change until after Lebeau and Butler leave and somebody comes along and revamps the defense.

HollywoodSteel
05-12-2014, 12:58 PM
Well, at least Kevin the dog knows how to catch a mid to late round receiver frisbee. Hopefully we'll get lucky with that again. :)

But I'm really hoping "Bigger Snack" works out at NT. He'll at least keep Johnny Football from seeing down the field. And from seeing the sun. :)

- - - Updated - - -

I think this dog went to the Ike Taylor School of Catch.

steelreserve
05-12-2014, 02:30 PM
I think this dog went to the Ike Taylor School of Catch.

Or for that matter, the Mike Adams School of Blocking.

tube517
05-12-2014, 03:06 PM
Or for that matter, the Mike Adams School of Blocking.

Jonathan Scott was the founder of that school

Dwinsgames
05-12-2014, 03:07 PM
I like McCullers .

6'7 may be mighty tall for a NT , however moving a man 352 pounds is not an easy task esp when he does not want to move ... he clogs as well as anyone and that will be his job , if he raises his arms there is no passing lane ( huge wingspan ) ....

make fun of him if you like but he was a late 3rd to mid 4th round prospect and we spent next to nothing on him

steelreserve
05-12-2014, 03:25 PM
I like McCullers .

6'7 may be mighty tall for a NT , however moving a man 352 pounds is not an easy task esp when he does not want to move ... he clogs as well as anyone and that will be his job , if he raises his arms there is no passing lane ( huge wingspan ) ....

make fun of him if you like but he was a late 3rd to mid 4th round prospect and we spent next to nothing on him

Make no mistake, I'm thrilled about that pick. If he turns out to be anywhere near as good as his physical size would lead you to hope, that would be an absolute steal. But you've still got to be cautiously optimistic about those late picks.

The place where we took him looks to me like it still just wasn't a priority for us. We won't take him in the 3rd-4th where he was projected ... OK, twist my arm a little more ... nope, still not taking him ... twist it a little more ... nah, you guys go ahead and take him ... twist a little more ... nope, still not doing it ... twist more ... OK FINE, IF NOBODY AT ALL IS GOING TO TAKE THIS GUY THEN WE'LL TAKE A NOSE TACKLE FOR FUCK'S SAKE, NOW GET OFF OUR BACKS. If someone took him in the 5th round, what were we going to do? Just fake it again? I really can't imagine we saw this coming, more like blind luck.

GBMelBlount
05-12-2014, 03:38 PM
So are there any decent FA corners we can entertain once we get cap space?

Steelerette
05-12-2014, 03:38 PM
I like McCullers .

Even if for some reason he can't get low enough to be a consistent NT, they play him at DE and in subpackages, that takes away a passing lane... and you almost have to put him in the middle of the defense on field goal and extra point tries. Double danger there, he can either make a hole for someone, or get his hands up and threaten to block it.

But to me he's the kind of player, even if he doesn't have more than 10 tackles on the season, he's the reason Shazier has 130 and Timmons has 8 sacks.

steelreserve
05-12-2014, 04:02 PM
So are there any decent FA corners we can entertain once we get cap space?

If by entertain, you mean laugh at us, then yes, I believe all the top CBs would laugh at our cap situation.

GBMelBlount
05-12-2014, 05:27 PM
That wasn't funny.

HollywoodSteel
05-12-2014, 05:33 PM
I like McCullers .

I'm not going to make fun of him. Especially not where there's any chance he might hear me.

tube517
05-12-2014, 06:07 PM
I like McCullers .

I want to see him on Special teams (Defense against the opposing team's placekicker for PATs and FGs), too.

ALLD
05-12-2014, 06:49 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BH_XNPYF2xw

86WARD
05-12-2014, 07:32 PM
I thought you found current video of Limas Sweed.

Psycho Ward 86
05-12-2014, 10:50 PM
Jonathan Scott was the founder of that school

Sean Mahan came up with the idea

Aussie_steeler
05-13-2014, 04:56 AM
Apparently the steelers were the only team that interviewed McCullers at the combine. I say they liked what they heard from him in the meeting. When he fell they decided that he was a good fit in the organisation.

I still think there is an element of the old school boys club in the NFL.

You don't play 6'7 350 DT's. If you do you might be laughed at by the other boys.

Don't rock the boat too much, or you might lose friends or credibility. Otherwise you might become a member of Grudens FFCA

Nice to see the steelers change it up a little this draft.

fansince'76
05-13-2014, 12:24 PM

That dog getting nailed in the face with the frisbee and just continuing to sit there is too much. :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2:

Texasteel
05-13-2014, 08:44 PM
That dog getting nailed in the face with the frisbee and just continuing to sit there is too much. :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2:

Reminds me more of a couple of WRs we use to have.

Dwinsgames
05-13-2014, 09:08 PM
Reminds me more of a couple of WRs we use to have.

ouch