PDA

View Full Version : Seventh Round: Steelers draft Te Rob Blanchflower of UMass

Psycho Ward 86
05-10-2014, 08:22 PM
http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Steelers-Select-TE-Rob-Blanchflower-in-the-Seventh-Round/a94e8fda-3d80-487f-9198-96e62dd84fdf

Lol, wheres his thread???? i really liked this pick. He'll supplant david paulson easily, and i wouldnt be all that surprised if he supplants matt spaeth as well

Steelerette
05-10-2014, 08:24 PM
Oh I was too busy watching the UDFA wire to make it lol.

He's mediocre. He could be alright. But we still need to draft someone to take over when Miller retires... Blanchflower is definitely not that.

steelreserve
05-10-2014, 08:24 PM
Heh, we made it at the same time. I do think he'll replace Paulson, because let's face it, just about anyone would. I just think it's amusing how every other year, we end up in the 7th round and take a marginal TE ... again.

Psycho Ward 86
05-10-2014, 08:44 PM
Heh, we made it at the same time. I do think he'll replace Paulson, because let's face it, just about anyone would. I just think it's amusing how every other year, we end up in the 7th round and take a marginal TE ... again.

i dont know if i completely agree with that. david johnson was a solid H-back/tight end for us, and certainly a good draft pick for a 7th rounder.

blanchflower fought through a hernia his final year at UMass on an absolutely dreadful team