PDA

View Full Version : Steelers vs. Lions - Preseason #1 - Who Gets YOUR Game Ball?

HometownGal
08-14-2010, 10:23 PM
I'm giving 2 game balls out tonight - one to Redman and one to Antonio Brown. :clap2: Both had outstanding performances and I'll be waiting with baited breath to see them perform next week against the Giants. :yay3:

Honorable mentions go to Dix and Sylvester. :thumbsup:

polamalubeast
08-14-2010, 10:24 PM
Dixon and Antonio Brown

Nadroj 20
08-14-2010, 10:28 PM
I'll give three a gold, silver and bronze.

Gold goes to Redman- he is a stud and runs HARD. Gotta be cheering for this guy to make the team.

Silver does to Brown- ummm this guy is kinda fast

Bronze goes to Dixon- looked solid out there made some nice throws and would love to see him start next game.

Honorable mention goes to Skippy. made 3 FG's good opening night.

kmsteelerwr15
08-14-2010, 10:29 PM
Mine go to Brown and Redman as well and of course an honorable mention to Dixon.

The Duke
08-14-2010, 10:30 PM
Dixon and brown

Dixon managed the game well, but his TD to brown put the game out of reach for the lions. Brown impressed everyone with that catch and run

Dennis should start next game imo

Mattsme
08-14-2010, 10:30 PM
Bruce Arians.:tongue1:

HometownGal
08-14-2010, 10:32 PM

Very good choice even though I know you're not serious. He called a very nice game tonight and I'll add him to my honorable mention list. :drink:

Thanks BA for not giving the B & M'ers anything to B & M about this week. :thumbsup: :heh:

Devilsdancefloor
08-14-2010, 10:32 PM
Brown hands down

steelpride12
08-14-2010, 10:34 PM
Umm Redman for sure. From practice squad this season I think he is finally ready to make this team and an impact in short yardage situations!

Psycho Ward 86
08-14-2010, 10:34 PM

Hey, cut that out, we dont give that guy any positive vibes around here

GoSlash27
08-14-2010, 10:46 PM
Gold: How 'bout that suddenness and glide? :D Isaac "Redzone" Redman 15 carries for 60 yards and 2 receptions for another 17.
Silver: Dennis Dixon. 6 for 7 128 yards and a TD.
Bronze: Antonio Brown. 84 yards in just 3 tries with a TD to boot.

SteelCityMom
08-14-2010, 10:49 PM
Redman for sure...that guy is a beast and HAS to make the roster this year.

stillers4me
08-14-2010, 10:50 PM
Isaac "Redzone" Redman and Brown! Tomlin has got to smiling about some of his rookies tonight! I think the QB competition is going to get hotter next week........got love it.

Mattsme
08-14-2010, 11:09 PM
Very good choice even though I know you're not serious. He called a very nice game tonight and I'll add him to my honorable mention list. :drink:

Thanks BA for not giving the B & M'ers anything to B & M about this week. :thumbsup: :heh:

Actually, I was serious. I thought he called a great game.

stillers4me
08-14-2010, 11:10 PM
Actually, I was serious. I thought he called a great game.

Of course he did. He's under the microscope.

tony hipchest
08-14-2010, 11:18 PM
bruce arians for actually bothering to take the time and practice against a 4-3 defense. i hope this new theory and philosophy pays dividends during the season.

we saw 3 things in a single game that we only saw 3 times in the entire year last year-

1) legursky check in as an eligible receiver/blocker.
2) 2 huge power backs (redman and summers) on the field at the same time
3) a screen pass

now that is some situational football (not that there is anything wrong with the "all you bitches take my shots" formation).

and while arians doesnt actually GET the gameball, i will allow him to present it to isaac redman, who was handed a golden opportunity on a platter and made the most of it. good job. :thumbsup:

steelerdude15
08-14-2010, 11:52 PM
Dennis Dixon gets my game ball for great play.

LLT
08-15-2010, 04:33 AM
My game ball goes to the Steeler fans.

We kept more people in the stadium after a downpour and lightning strike...then the Bengals can keep in their stadium during the third quarter of a playoff game!!!

Like so many people said..Redman looks like a legit short yardage back. Kudos to the kid for playing his heart out. Summers showed surprisingly soft hands in the flat. I loved what I saw from Brown..but also saw Sanders throw some pretty good blocks out there last night. Those of you who were telling me about Tyler Grisham are right, he has great hands and if his instincts get better he might be a pretty good slot reciever.

Dixon played very well but I still cringe a little when I see him run instead of stepping up into the pocket. He sometimes seems to get a little skittish when he feels pressure.

Fox had a great game...I like what I saw from Gibson and Sylvestor...Pouncey is going to be solid but Essex whiffed on blocks a couple of times and seemed rusty. Lewis was very good in run support and shouldnt be criticized too much for the Lions TD...the reciever got away with an obvious push off.

Steeltreal
08-15-2010, 04:40 AM
Summers showed surprisingly soft hands in the flat.

Expect more, all he did was lead UNLV in receptions td as a RB.

Edman
08-15-2010, 05:47 AM
Bruce Arians- The guy gets so much hate from fans (me included). I'll throw him a bone here.

Redzone Redman- On a day when the Steelers backfield was in question, this kid rose to the occasion. The legend of Redzone continues.

Dennis Dixon- Once again, Double D showcasing his skill. A little Michael Vick-like, but he made some great throws whenever he did throw.

Texasteel
08-15-2010, 06:22 AM
Will save my final choice till after I see the game this morning, but just from that I heard last night I would say Dixon right now.

It sounded like he was controlling the offense pretty well, something we were hoping he could start doing.

Brown may have scared a couple of people last night. Practice may be pretty interesting this week.

Galax Steeler
08-15-2010, 06:24 AM
Mine goes to Galax Steeler for hanging in there through the rains.

I really give it to Redman and Dixon.

SMR
08-15-2010, 06:44 AM
Mine goes to Galax Steeler for hanging in there through the rains.

I really give it to Redman and Dixon.

LOL! Great for you buddy! I give the game ball to Dixon and Redman as well. I'm leaning more towards Dixon overall.

st33lersguy
08-15-2010, 07:09 AM
Dixon, Redman, and Brown

Slanted August
08-15-2010, 07:36 AM

Rumer has it he had some type of digestive problem and had to run back in the locker room. Ben took over the play calling and immediately called for a RB screen to Redman.

In all seriousness an honerable mention must go out to Manny Sanders. He was blocking decent and he had the hot quick slant where he looked like a natural. I see alot of the "it" factor with Sanders & Brown like I did with Wallace.

Hills seemed to do OK also with the second string also.

BuddhaBus
08-15-2010, 10:14 AM
I'm on the Redman, Dixon and Brown bandwagon too. I'll even throw out a little love to Arnaz Battle. He made some good plays last night. Overall, I'd say Redman gets my game ball. He ran hard and decisively. No way he doesn't make the team this year. This is the season of "suddeness and glide"!

SteelerFanInStl
08-15-2010, 10:22 AM
My game ball goes to Dixon with an honorable mention to Redman and Brown.

SteelerFanInStl
08-15-2010, 10:24 AM
Lewis was very good in run support and shouldnt be criticized too much for the Lions TD...the reciever got away with an obvious push off.

Agreed. I'm watching the replay and it was an obvious push off by Johnson. Johnson also got away with another pass interference on the previous play when he pulled Burnett down from behind to prevent the interception.

hotrodder07
08-15-2010, 10:30 AM
Brown looked superb last night. Not just because of his 68 yard touchdown, but his fingertip grab late in the game from Charlie Batch. That catch was terrific.

Redman looked great as well, he's making the team this year.

Dixon played a great game that keeps the QB controversy alive (if there is one :P)

Also, Lewis looked very good in pass coverage. Good game from him.

BuddhaBus
08-15-2010, 10:36 AM
How about Sepulveda on the kick-offs? He was booming them deep in heavy rain with a wet ball. I like what I see there. Not game ball worthy, just like seeing that.

Polamalu Princess
08-15-2010, 11:43 AM
I guess I am with most people here - Redman, Dixon and Brown.

steeldevil
08-15-2010, 12:39 PM
Redman

O'Malley
08-15-2010, 01:16 PM
Redman

Redman for sure.

memphissteelergirl
08-15-2010, 01:18 PM
Redman, with honorable mention to Dixon.

7willBheaven
08-15-2010, 01:38 PM
How about Sepulveda on the kick-offs? He was booming them deep in heavy rain with a wet ball. I like what I see there. Not game ball worthy, just like seeing that.

Sep didnt do kickoffs last night...it was all Reed.

As far as game ball(s)....Redman did good in the first half, Brown looked great also....but i think i'd have to go with Dixon...as some people have counted him out as the starting QB...but i think he gave those people something to think about....i just wish he'd tuck the ball when he decides to run.

BPS3akaWirels3
08-15-2010, 03:52 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_atpds3CiKU Dixon... He totally deserves the start.. But we do have 3 more games to see..

Stlrs4Life
08-15-2010, 05:42 PM
Dixon, and Redman.

Chidi29
08-15-2010, 06:29 PM
Pouncey played really well. He'll get mine.

Galax Steeler
08-16-2010, 05:22 AM
Pouncey played really well. He'll get mine.

I have to say Pouncey played a good game and would love to see him start at center this year.

HometownGal
08-16-2010, 05:54 AM
I have to say Pouncey played a good game and would love to see him start at center this year.

Me too. :drink:

Buddha - were you partaking of a little too much alcohol on game night that you didn't realize Skippy did all of the kickoffs? You must have had some potent stuff - DSep is at least a foot and a half taller than Jeff. :heh: ;)

Indo
08-16-2010, 09:36 AM
Several things:
If I were to give One game ball, it would go to Redman

Brown would get the next

Then Pouncey (I love this kid and also hope he gets the start at Center)

Sanders played a stellar game with the slant on the hot read (to get the 1st down); he also had a great block on Grisham's reverse, but Grisham tried to run outside when Sanders was clearly taking his guy out---Grisham might have gotten 15-20 yards had he turned up inside of the block. Sanders also had a great block on Brown's TD

Dixon--love him also, but he needs to get a little more settled...and not break for the run so quickly. Also needs to keep his head downfield somewhat----on one of his runs (to the left), Sanders was standing downfield all alone---a little flip from Dixon might have gone for big yardage...

Finally,
Am I to understand that last year was for Unleashing Hell and this year is for Unleashing BOTH Suddenness and Glide?

Alrighty Then. I'm all for it! :thumbsup:

Dino 6 Rings
08-16-2010, 09:46 AM
Big Ben, for keeping his mouth shut about not getting to play and not crying to the media.

Oh, and Troy always gets my game ball, even if I'm watching a hockey game, Troy gets the game ball.

SteelMember
08-16-2010, 09:49 AM
Redman.

He took the lions share of handoffs, and did a good job with them throughout the game.

Most carries took 2-3 defenders to get him to the ground.

BeerMan
08-16-2010, 10:05 AM
Big Ben, for keeping his mouth shut about not getting to play and not crying to the media.

Oh, and Troy always gets my game ball, even if I'm watching a hockey game, Troy gets the game ball.

Funny you should mention that. Here's a quote bashing him for the same:

"Roethlisberger dashed out of the locker room Saturday night to avoid the media, stiffing the public from getting his take on not playing against Detroit in the process."

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/Pittsburgh-Steelers-Ben-Roethlisberger-Detroit-Lions-081410

solardave
08-16-2010, 03:39 PM
I'm giving 2 game balls out tonight - one to Redman and one to Antonio Brown. :clap2: Both had outstanding performances and I'll be waiting with baited breath to see them perform next week against the Giants. :yay3:

Honorable mentions go to Dix and Sylvester. :thumbsup:

I have to agree. They all showed up and played well. I think Pouncey should get a pat on the back as well.

BuddhaBus
08-16-2010, 03:53 PM
Sep didnt do kickoffs last night...it was all Reed.

As far as game ball(s)....Redman did good in the first half, Brown looked great also....but i think i'd have to go with Dixon...as some people have counted him out as the starting QB...but i think he gave those people something to think about....i just wish he'd tuck the ball when he decides to run.

Me too. :drink:

Buddha - were you partaking of a little too much alcohol on game night that you didn't realize Skippy did all of the kickoffs? You must have had some potent stuff - DSep is at least a foot and a half taller than Jeff. :heh: ;)

:alcoholic: OOOOOPS! Yeah, I was pretty drunk that night. :doh2: :sorry: I did notice they were being kicked pretty deep, though... whoever that was! :huh: :heh:

stillers4me
08-16-2010, 05:27 PM
Funny you should mention that. Here's a quote bashing him for the same:

"Roethlisberger dashed out of the locker room Saturday night to avoid the media, stiffing the public from getting his take on not playing against Detroit in the process."

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/Pittsburgh-Steelers-Ben-Roethlisberger-Detroit-Lions-081410

Yeah...I saw that, too. He's damned either way. I really don't think Steelers gave a rats ass whether Ben said anything after the game or not. More shit stirring by the media.

HometownGal
08-16-2010, 07:58 PM

Why doesn't the media all give themselves a thrill by sticking their microphones up their asses? :mad2: :mad: ALWAYS looking to put someone on the spot only to come back and twist their words. I'm really beginning to hate these fuckers. :upyours:

stillers4me
08-16-2010, 09:01 PM
Why doesn't the media all give themselves a thrill by sticking their microphones up their asses? :mad2: :mad: ALWAYS looking to put someone on the spot only to come back and twist their words. I'm really beginning to hate these fuckers. :upyours:

I reached that point some time ago.

SteelGhost
08-16-2010, 09:29 PM
Dennis Dixon gets the game ball, and MT & BA MUST consider him to start next preseason game IMHO :thumbsup:

There are some very honorable mentions ... Antonio Brown, if this guy continues showing that amazing speed, he can beat ARE.

Now Lakelander (and all the Nation) can be happy for Isaac Redman's "suddenness and glide" ... and a lot of power too :applaudit:

Looks like we are finding a nice spot for "The Tank", this powerfull guy can catch and run.

Pouncey was playing great also.

Killer
08-16-2010, 09:59 PM
Leave my balls out of this.

It's just a scrimmage game, but Pouncey & Red Man and Dixon stole the show, depending on your perspective - Antonio Brown made some nice plays

steelerrob
08-17-2010, 04:51 AM
Redman without a doubt...about time we had a power back!!!! Honourable mention to Pouncey, he seemed fairly comfortable with the set-up, and Lewis, good overall pass coverage.

Looking forward to seeing these guys up against a real contender, after all it WAS Detroit.......