OLB
Jeremiah Attaochu

TE
Austin Sefarian-Jenkins
CJ Fiedorowicz
Jace Amaro

Psycho Ward 86
05-08-2014, 11:43 PM
i dont even know what i want anymore because ILB was the last position i was expecting us to draft in the 1st. I would want Jordan Matthews/Cody Latimer/Stanley Jean-Baptiste/EJ Gaines if they were available, but i expect Tuitt or one of those other CB's

BigNastyDefense
05-08-2014, 11:45 PM
Nix or Hageman if they go defensive line, Gaines or Jean-Baptiste if they go DB, Lee if they go WR (but I doubt he will be there).

salamander
05-08-2014, 11:55 PM
It'll be some pick that doesn't deserve to be taken in the 2nd round and we'll end up questioning said pick for years to come. Forgive me if I'm being pessimistic.

steelreserve
05-08-2014, 11:58 PM
Something tells me Nix and a couple of good CBs will be there for the taking, but we'll pass them over for another pass rushing LB.

Shoes
05-09-2014, 12:02 AM
I think they will go DE

salamander
05-09-2014, 12:05 AM
Something tells me Nix and a couple of good CBs will be there for the taking, but we'll pass them over for another pass rushing LB.

Sounds about right.

Steeltreal
05-09-2014, 12:05 AM
I think it could be Kelcy Quarles

X-Terminator
05-09-2014, 12:26 AM
It'll be some pick that doesn't deserve to be taken in the 2nd round and we'll end up questioning said pick for years to come. Forgive me if I'm being pessimistic.

To be fair, Shazier is a first-round talent. He just shouldn't have been picked at #15, and when CB was a bigger need.

salamander
05-09-2014, 12:32 AM
To be fair, Shazier is a first-round talent. He just shouldn't have been picked at #15, and when CB was a bigger need.

This wasn't directly aimed at him this time. :chuckle:

st33lersguy
05-09-2014, 12:56 AM
I am hoping for cornerback in the 2nd because I am tired of this team waiting til the 3rd round and beyond to draft cornerback. They do it every year and all it has gotten them is a group of corners that couldn't even stop crap QBs such as Matt Cassel, Matt Flynn, and Ryan Tannehill last year.

Count Steeler
05-09-2014, 05:51 AM
I got a feeling they will address the DL in the second round.

JayC
05-09-2014, 05:53 AM
round 2 will be wide receiver or d line. i just don't have any idea which one. if history repeats itself, which it usually does, we won't even have CB on our minds until the 3rd/4th round.

Drazo85
05-09-2014, 07:49 AM
Any of these above mentioned players could be available when is our time to pick, and any of them could help immediately. Is the trade down option still in the mix? What do you think what can we get in the return? And when the party starts tonight?

Aussie_steeler
05-09-2014, 08:29 AM
Weapon for Ben

Cody Lattimer WR
Jordan Matthew WR
Austin Sefarian Jenkins TE
Jace Amaro TE
Bishop Sankey RB

Cornerback in Round 3

Steelman
05-09-2014, 10:15 AM
Weapon for Ben

Cody Lattimer WR
Jordan Matthew WR
Jace Amaro TE
Bishop Sankey RB

Cornerback in Round 3

As much as I'd like a DE or CB in the 2nd, I think you're right here. Apparently we're looking for playmakers. It's the offense's turn now.

Devilsdancefloor
05-09-2014, 10:36 AM
i really think we need a fat man in front of the ILBer we picked, im hoping NIX

steelreserve
05-09-2014, 11:15 AM
i really think we need a fat man in front of the ILBer we picked, im hoping NIX

^^^ Yes.

If you're not even willing to spend a second-round pick on one of the better-looking NT prospects that's come out in years, you're basically waving the white flag and saying "forget it, we're not even trying to fix our DL problems; we're just hoping we get lucky some day." You can try all you want with highly-touted DE prospects, but without a big fat guy in the middle, it only makes so much difference. If Nix and a DE are both available and we take the DE, the only thing we'll know for sure from this draft is that Colbert smokes crack probably 7-8 times a day.

Shoes
05-09-2014, 11:16 AM
I'd be fine with a TE in the 2nd, but I don't think Amaro will be there when we pick.

Steelerette
05-09-2014, 11:34 AM
I'm really hoping there's a run on Offensive weapons... WR, TE, RB... and that leaves us with our choice of Nix and a few DEs. That'll help push some CBs down into the 3rd too.

HollywoodSteel
05-09-2014, 11:53 AM
Weapon for Ben

Cody Lattimer WR
Jordan Matthew WR
Jace Amaro TE
Bishop Sankey RB

Cornerback in Round 3

Do we have a third round pick other than a compensatory one? I thought we gave it up for Sharknado. Do you think a corner worth taking will be there for us where we pick?