PDA

View Full Version : BIG THANKS!

Shoes
05-04-2014, 11:18 AM
Well draft day will soon be here and I would like to thank Dwins, Tex, Aussie and LLT for keep this off season interesting and educational. I was never into the pre-draft side of football but its been a refreshing off season to see this side of it and not have to read about tabloid football stories. These guys are smart cookies and special thanks to Dwins who is the newest member of SU but added amazing insight into the game. Thank you gentlemen!

Drazo85
05-04-2014, 12:01 PM
I would also want to express my gratitude to the guys who educated me and the others about the draft process. Thank you. Or in serbian Хвала вам.

Послато са U8815 користећи Тапаток 2

Dwinsgames
05-04-2014, 01:28 PM
I appreciate the fact that some value the process enough to read , learn and talk about it .

I have enjoyed the process for years and years and am more than happy to pass on my opinions , reasoning and logic to anyone who will listen , I too am thankful for everyone else mentioned above and many who do not chime in as often but still bring things to the table to ponder as without them it would be a boring off season here ...

Everyone has something to offer even if it just promotes conversation and I am thankful for all of them that take the time to say something even if it is a question as we all do not see things the same way and it opens the door for seeing the other side of the topic ...

conversation is great for that reason alone as well as others ...

so no need to thank me for enjoying myself , thank you for listening , reading , and talking

Dwins

Steelerette
05-04-2014, 02:07 PM
Cheers. It's been interesting chatting with a few of the folks here and getting to know more about the draft process, I enjoy a little college ball but I gained a lot of insight here about how those college athletes translate into pro positions and draft expectations.

tube517
05-04-2014, 08:00 PM
Yeah, this is why I love this forum. I learn everything here more than any journalist, tv reporter, etc. It's alot to try and read and follow but I have some downtime every day at work so I get lost in Steeler world reading.

Great job to you all and thank you!

fansince'76
05-04-2014, 08:15 PM
I have to agree with the previous sentiments - I don't follow college ball at all, and reading the takes of our resident draftniks here that do is always interesting and enlightening.

salamander
05-04-2014, 08:41 PM
If it wasn't for you guys, I would have almost zero prior knowledge come draft time so thank you.

86WARD
05-04-2014, 09:33 PM
Best thing is when the dust settles, nobody here knows anything...lol.

Jaucer
05-04-2014, 09:43 PM
Yeah, this is why I love this forum. I learn everything here more than any journalist, tv reporter, etc. It's alot to try and read and follow but I have some downtime every day at work so I get lost in Steeler world reading.

Great job to you all and thank you!

As my brother-in-law always says, how do you get a job like that. There is never any down time at work for me. Oh well....

Aussie_steeler
05-05-2014, 03:21 AM
Well draft day will soon be here and I would like to thank Dwins, Tex, Aussie and LLT for keep this off season interesting and educational. I was never into the pre-draft side of football but its been a refreshing off season to see this side of it and not have to read about tabloid football stories. These guys are smart cookies and special thanks to Dwins who is the newest member of SU but added amazing insight into the game. Thank you gentlemen!

Thanks Shoes - appreciate the kind words

Dwins has been a great driver of all discussions this year and it is greatly appreciated. Some years Perry has that spark, Tex has at times and I have others. Between all the posters here we all seem to get to the same eventual endpoint - great draft discussion.

I live in a country that is dominated by Rugby League, Aussie Rules, Rugby Union and Soccer. For some reason I have been enamoured by the NFL and most importantly the NFL draft. It is the food that feeds my analytical and hyperactive mind.

My draft diary for this week is:

Work on Friday. Tape the draft. Watch for updates on my phone. Celebrate quietly to myself

Saturday morning. Rise in the wee hours and turn on the TV and laptop and immerse myself in day 2

Sunday morning. My favourite day. Rise in even earlier wee hours and consume the whole glorious day. If there is a long gap between picks I set the alarm and catch some sleep. Sleep sunday afternoon.

How I wish I could consume the draft in normal hours like you guys.

Texasteel
05-05-2014, 03:35 AM
Haven't been as active as past years, new wife and all........ You know,,,, I'm old, not dead. You guys have really picked up the slack, and have done a great job. I can only hope that the FO does as well as we have.... Thanks to everyone here. Four more day and I can start on next year.

stillers4me
05-05-2014, 05:44 AM
We really have a friendly and knowledgable group here at SU. My computer is fried and I am confined to an iPad right now. Any help from forum members this week in posting draft news will be great appreciated. I know I can count on you guys to pick up the slack!

I will be sitting down this week and reading through the draft posts to familiarize myself with our top prospects.......I've been a bit of a slacker this year. A big thanks to Dwins and all who have contributed. :drink:

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

HollywoodSteel
05-08-2014, 05:12 PM
To continue the slobberfest… I'm happy that Dwins ultimately decided to keep posting here. I know it was a little touch and go at the beginning, before people got acquainted with his often blunt style. Like some others, I too do not follow college football at all and had been getting a great deal of insight into the draft from Dwins and a few others on another, much smaller, message board. I think it worked out nicely for all of us, including Dwins himself, that he decided to stick around.

Dwinsgames
05-08-2014, 05:46 PM
To continue the slobberfest… I'm happy that Dwins ultimately decided to keep posting here. I know it was a little touch and go at the beginning, before people got acquainted with his often blunt style. Like some others, I too do not follow college football at all and had been getting a great deal of insight into the draft from Dwins and a few others on another, much smaller, message board. I think it worked out nicely for all of us, including Dwins himself, that he decided to stick around.

Quite happy I stuck it out here , lots of good folks and still several from old board come over to chat ....

but I am not deserving of all the praise I am getting , is a very solid group here talking draft and I believe we feed off each other , talk is best thing possible about the draft IMO ( second to tape that is ) LLT may see something I do not , he mentions it I look for it , maybe its Tex or Aussie or someone else and everyone takes another look , discuss more etc ...

I take my hat off to them all , and am glad to have everyone here to bounce my thoughts off of ...

Truth be told Shoes has been a BIG part of the conversation this year , he is eager to know things and he poses questions , brings up prospects and helps keep the chatter going in times it is slow and that should not go unnoticed

HollywoodSteel
05-08-2014, 06:11 PM
Quite happy I stuck it out here , lots of good folks and still several from old board come over to chat ....

but I am not deserving of all the praise I am getting , is a very solid group here talking draft and I believe we feed off each other , talk is best thing possible about the draft IMO ( second to tape that is ) LLT may see something I do not , he mentions it I look for it , maybe its Tex or Aussie or someone else and everyone takes another look , discuss more etc ...

I take my hat off to them all , and am glad to have everyone here to bounce my thoughts off of ...

Truth be told Shoes has been a BIG part of the conversation this year , he is eager to know things and he poses questions , brings up prospects and helps keep the chatter going in times it is slow and that should not go unnoticed

I agree. I have a lot of respect for pretty much all the contributors here. I'm always learning and getting interesting perspectives, even when I disagree. It's a well run board with a great mix of well informed points of view. I even really appreciate the fans of other teams who occasionally stop by to share their take on things. I just wanted to add my two cents about you in particular since I got to read a bunch of your stuff on the other board and I knew that you'd be a valuable contributor here. Glad it worked out.

tube517
05-08-2014, 06:19 PM
Ive been following Dwins and Chidi on Twitter but I don't get a chance to read everything. Is anyone else talking draft on Twitter from SU?

HollywoodSteel
05-09-2014, 12:50 PM
Ive been following Dwins and Chidi on Twitter but I don't get a chance to read everything. Is anyone else talking draft on Twitter from SU?

I don't know about other guys from this board, but you might want to follow Curt Popejoy:

https://twitter.com/NFLdraftboard

He's a very knowledgeable Steelers fan that Dwins and I (and a few others here) know from another Steelers board. He's now writing professionally and is worth following.

Steelerette
05-11-2014, 12:04 AM
I get all excited for the draft and now it's over, and I look at my hands and realize...

We are all mortal, football is relatively meaningless. Nations will rise and fall, against the span of time I'll return to dust within the blink of an eye.

Is it September yet?

HollywoodSteel
05-12-2014, 06:04 PM
I get all excited for the draft and now it's over, and I look at my hands and realize...

We are all mortal, football is relatively meaningless. Nations will rise and fall, against the span of time I'll return to dust within the blink of an eye.

Is it September yet?

And skip the pre-season? Have you lost your mind? ;)

Texasteel
05-12-2014, 09:39 PM
And skip the pre-season? Have you lost your mind? ;)

To be honest, this may be one of the most important TCs and preseasons we have had. Got a feeling most of these kids are going to be force fed.