View Full Version : Browns vs Packers

GitNoLuv
08-14-2010, 08:41 PM
Yeah, I had to get a thread started! :P

Thoughts from the first half of the game:

Jake Delhomme looked pretty good.
Seneca Wallace was OK.
Colt McCoy was bleh.

The Newcomers (Peyton Hillis, Sheldon Brown, Ben Watson) all seem to be very solid additions to the team so far.

Joe Haden looks like a rookie CB out there. Even when he had great coverage, veteran WR/QB were making plays on him.

TJ Ward looks like a freaking beast out there. Finally, a guy willing to do some dirty work on our defense.

Aaron Rodgers is a legit Top 5 QB in this league. Yes, it's the Browns defense, but there were a lot of plays where the coverage was great and he still got the ball in where only his WR could (and did) get it. Green Bay needs to find a complimentary running game, or else they'll be a great regular season team who will flame out in the playoffs.

xX-TSK-Xx
08-14-2010, 10:46 PM
McCoy threw two picks and left early with a hand injury.

SMR
08-15-2010, 06:46 AM
McCoy threw two picks and left early with a hand injury.

I don't know how long McCoy can last. That is his second injury in one year alone.

GitNoLuv
08-15-2010, 02:28 PM
I don't know how long McCoy can last. That is his second injury in one year alone.

Was a minor injury from hitting his hand on another players helmet. A lot of QBs (especially shorter ones) have done that. I think he won't make it because he's (at this time) a slightly more accurate version of Brady Quinn. I was surprised at how well Jake Delhomme threw the ball...and how poorly Seneca Wallace did (especially after the camp he had.)

Evan Moore and Ben Watson could have huge seasons for us (and we'll need them to if we're going to have any semblance of success this year, as we don't have a true #1 WR.)