PDA

View Full Version : Antonio Brown blasts ex-Steelers S Ryan Clark

Shoes
04-27-2014, 05:38 PM
Steelers All-Pro receiver didn't take kindly to Clark's comments about marijuana, telling the Tribune-Review comments like that, and others, stood in the way of the team building together positively.

http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/latest-news/2014/4/27/5659354/antonio-brown-ryan-clark-comments

st33lersguy
04-27-2014, 05:41 PM
Dwelling on this kind of stuff does nothing to build team cohesion

fansince'76
04-27-2014, 05:42 PM
Dwelling on this kind of stuff does nothing to build team cohesion

Agreed. Best to let it go, Antonio...

Hawkman
04-27-2014, 05:55 PM
Yeah, no good can come from it.

stillers4me
04-27-2014, 06:02 PM
Agreed. Best to let it go, Antonio...

Also agree. But I do like how Antonio is emerging as a team leader. Keep it Steelerized. Yea.... new word.

Sent from my SM-T210R using Tapatalk

Psycho Ward 86
04-27-2014, 06:03 PM
did you guys even read the article. Seems to me that he literally is just reiterating what most of this board has said about ryan anytime he opened his mouth. Especially this last paragraph:

"Brown called Clark's ambition to become a media analyst as the reason for his comments as well. Generally speaking, his point was to set the tone for the team moving forward into 2014 - suggesting the chemistry the team had in more successful years has been missing the last two seasons."

Plenty of good can come out of this. im just surprised antonio said anything at all since he seems to be more of a 'lead by example' type guy and not a very vocal one. Good to see Antonio step up. He's just sticking up for this team and his teammates. If i was a steeler, thats something i would really appreciate. The old guard makes up only a very very small fraction of this team now, so the timing of antonio brown's criticism actually seems appropriate imo. if like half our team from the past 2 superbowls were still here, THEN it would probably be a problem.

what can brown do for you? :)

slashsteel
04-27-2014, 07:30 PM
Simply letting the other veterans know that better team chemistry is needed. I have no problem with what he said.

I think this years version you will see better cohesiveness when it all plays out..........

MrPgh
04-27-2014, 07:49 PM
As long as Brown stays away from ESPN during his playing career, it's fine.

It would be really stupid for a current player to go on ESPN and say something like "Tom Brady ducks when he's blitzed" or "Danny Amendola is fragle." Usually that comes back to bite you in the ass in some form or fashion (*cough* 55 points *cough* *cough*).

GBMelBlount
04-27-2014, 08:01 PM
Clark should be stoned.

steelreserve
04-27-2014, 08:17 PM
Yeah! Yeah! Fuck that shit!

*breaks bottle*

Now I'm all fired up. Who wants to fight?

tube517
04-27-2014, 09:29 PM
Now Clark takes a shot at Brown. I actually have no problem with Brown's reponse. He is a current Steeler sticking up for his team/teammates. It's no different from Lambert tossing Cliff Harris like a sack of potatoes. Who was Brown's mentor when he came in the league?

http://ionetheurbandaily.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/hines_ward.jpg

As far as Clark, he will always be a Steeler but he's a Foreskin now so who gives a shit what he has to say. He's off to Disney Channel 2 in 2015 anyways.

Godfather
04-27-2014, 09:41 PM
It's refreshing to have a Steeler receiver with "tonio" in his name who doesn't like weed.

Texasteel
04-27-2014, 09:47 PM
Now Clark takes a shot at Brown. I actually have no problem with Brown's reponse. He is a current Steeler sticking up for his team/teammates. It's no different from Lambert tossing Cliff Harris like a sack of potatoes. Who was Brown's mentor when he came in the league?

One of my favorite moments in football,,, and the turning point of that game.

Devilsdancefloor
04-27-2014, 10:59 PM
actually i like this a lot id be pissed if someone said on yeah they like smoking weed when most of them do not. plus we have all said it or thought it ryan is setting hiself up for a broadcast career.

Psycho Ward 86
04-27-2014, 11:55 PM
Ryan Clark's response on twitter: My family babysat for Antonio and my wife planned his son's birthday party. He's not smart enough to realize what a good teammate is! #done

and the other one: Antonio Brown can feel and say anything about me he'd like. We all have opinions. I'm not bitter and I'm not mad at him. Wish him the best!

XxKnightxX
04-28-2014, 01:15 PM
I applaud Antonio because he gets it. Ryan should know it too and he shouldn't have even muttered those words. Any time you get to associate the steelers with something bad like weed PEDs , or off field issues, the media absolutely beats the horse to death. So why Clark , a former Steeler who got caught in this, would he even mutter those words ? Antonio hits it on the head. He's bitter, Clark was selfish. Simple as that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mojouw
04-28-2014, 01:58 PM
Or, Clark actually has the courage to speak out on an important issue. Whatever each of our personal feelings on marijuana may be, these guys are destroying their bodies on a weekly basis by participating in a lucrative but violent profession.

How is the league not hypocritical to condone the use of painkillers in either the form of pills (which can easily be abused and addictive - ask Brett Favre) or shots but then wants to ban guys for using a far less harmful chemical to get some relief?

Clark seems to not be talking about getting stoned for the sake of getting stoned, but rather to find some mild form of relief from the battering of a season. With all the talk the league makes about player safety, it is all PR on this and every issue.

No one will ever convince me that the major reason the league is so stringent on it's drug testing policies is due to the PR nightmare of attempting to sell a league that is somewhat based on the performance of young black athletes to upper middle class older white males. The image problems that pot uses conjures up between those two demographics is full of problems.

I say good for Clark for speaking up and good for Brown for defending his team. And bad for the media and Twitter for elevating a non-story (the rift between these guys) into a 3 day news cycle.