PDA

View Full Version : Steelers.com: Things to watch in preseason opener

stillers4me
08-14-2010, 05:23 AM
By Bob Labriola - Steelers Digest
Posted 11 hours ago

Roger Goodell is on record as saying he’s not a fan, and he says the No. 1 complaint he gets from the NFL fans with whom he comes in contact is about this issue.

But there is a purpose to the preseason, a reason it exists, primarily in the area of team-building for the upcoming season, and since that is the business Coach Mike Tomlin is in at this point on the calendar, count him among those in favor.

“I love the preseason. Give me more.”.........

http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Things-to-watch-in-preseason-opener/cdb0c699-5412-495b-a201-ac27c4e6bb49

LLT
08-14-2010, 05:28 AM
Awwwwww...finally here!!!!!

I am so stoked about tonight. Already left word for the wife to go out and get my my "sammich" fixins!!!!

Galax Steeler
08-14-2010, 06:18 AM
I can't wait for tonight I am already getting ready for the game. Time to do some tailgating with Dom.

Texasteel
08-14-2010, 06:57 AM
Damn, Steelers football and not a wing in the place. I have to get to the store.

HometownGal
08-14-2010, 07:08 AM
All I need is a couple of peach wine coolers and I'm set for tonight! :yay3: I'm stoked - Steelers football is here again! :tt02: :rockon:

Cya all in the game thread tonight! :drink:

Texasteel
08-14-2010, 07:33 AM
All I need is a couple of peach wine coolers and I'm set for tonight! :yay3: I'm stoked - Steelers football is here again! :tt02: :rockon:

Cya all in the game thread tonight! :drink:

I just happen to have 3 peach wine coolers in the fridg.:D

Burghfan58
08-14-2010, 07:54 AM
Posted 11 hours ago

Roger Goodell is on record as saying he’s not a fan, and he says the No. 1 complaint he gets from the NFL fans with whom he comes in contact is about this issue.

But there is a purpose to the preseason, a reason it exists, primarily in the area of team-building for the upcoming season, and since that is the business Coach Mike Tomlin is in at this point on the calendar, count him among those in favor.

http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Things-to-watch-in-preseason-opener/cdb0c699-5412-495b-a201-ac27c4e6bb49

I enjoy watching the Steelers go 2 and 3 deep in the depth chart. Fun to see who makes the final cut. I can't say I'm enthusiastic about watching any other teams after they pull the starters.

Butch
08-14-2010, 08:17 AM
Pre-season can be fun to watch I remember when Willie had some big runs but didn't make the active roster. I couldn't believe it but he came on the next season and that was cool. Redman was the one who surprised me last year, seemed to have what we needed for the short yardage so I was surprised when he didn't make the active roster.

I don't remember Ben as a rookie but will never forget his first game as a starter in the hurricane in Miami. and will never forget the 1st time he played the cowpokes one of his 1st come back games and Steeler Nation was out in force that day as well.

I could go for less pre-season games myself I just wanna see some Steeler football and the sooner the better.

solardave
08-14-2010, 01:11 PM
Posted 11 hours ago

The first sentence says it all. Roger Goodell is not a fan. Oh wait they meant preseason? Or just not a fan of football period? The second theory fits!!

SteelerFanInStl
08-14-2010, 01:24 PM
All I need is a couple of peach wine coolers and I'm set for tonight! :yay3:

:yuck2: you need some real booze :tongue1: