PDA

View Full Version : Robinson: Rooney believes NFL office already involved in replays

stillers4me
03-22-2014, 09:38 AM
Steelers president Art Rooney II knows exactly what he wants to see next season: Better officiating.

Better officiating, as you remember, might have gotten the Steelers into the playoffs. The NFL acknowledged that an illegal formation penalty should have been called on the San Diego Chargers on the missed 41-yard field goal by Ryan Succop of the Chiefs that, if it had been good, would have sent the Steelers to the playoffs.

That final-day-of-the-season play occurred nearly three months ago, and some Steelers fans still haven’t gotten over how a field goal that is successfully converted in the NFL about 90 percent of the time these days didn’t go through.

But as he heads off to the owners meetings at the plush Ritz-Carlton resort in Orlando this weekend, Rooney also knows what he doesn’t want to see during the 2014 season: Too much time spent by the referees under the instant replay hood.

Rooney isn’t sure how the NFL will get there, but all he knows is he wants the level of officiating to be improved — by whatever means — but not at the price of extending games.

So how can the NFL improve the officiating, and the replay process, without further spilling over into “60 Minutes?”

“That’s a key question. That to me is one of the main things, we don’t want a longer game,” Rooney said. “We don’t want it to take longer for replay. The question of having it go to the league office, that would be one of my questions about that, and I think that’s one of the reasons they didn’t want to rush into making a decision this year. Again, our goal is to get it right, not necessarily to have more replays or more delays in the game.”

The NFL office must agree with Rooney..........

Read more: http://blog.triblive.com/steel-mill/2014/03/21/robinson-rooney-believes-nfl-office-already-involved-in-replays/#ixzz2whblpWvl (http://blog.triblive.com/steel-mill/2014/03/21/robinson-rooney-believes-nfl-office-already-involved-in-replays/#ixzz2whblpWvl)

Dwinsgames
03-22-2014, 10:03 AM
need to change the challenges to ANY play for ANY reason but the coach has to tell the official what he is challenging and keep the amount of challenges the same as to not slow the game