PDA

View Full Version : do you know what 0.021 % equates to ?

Dwinsgames
03-17-2014, 01:26 PM
the percentage of the 375 Completions Big Ben has thrown to our current #2 and #3 WR on the roster

stillers4me
03-17-2014, 02:07 PM
Everybody keeps raving about these 2 guys.......but I don't even remember them playing. :noidea:

Dwinsgames
03-17-2014, 02:14 PM
Everybody keeps raving about these 2 guys.......but I don't even remember them playing. :noidea:

I remember but then again I watch almost every game a few times at least ...

Moye reminds me of Weegie Thompson , a stop gap at best player that will make a few plays for you but is not ever going to be a star or anything close to it ...

Wheaton ( if he can stay healthy ) may end up being another Sanders or a Sanders/Brown tweener ( best case scenario ) ....

as sad as it sounds we may actually NEED the 36 year old Plax to return just to give Ben another target with NFL experience

tube517
03-17-2014, 02:15 PM

Moye reminds me of Weegie Thompson , a stop gap at best player that will make a few plays for you but is not ever going to be a star or anything close to it ...

Wheaton ( if he can stay healthy ) may end up being another Sanders or a Sanders/Brown tweener ( best case scenario ) ....

as sad as it sounds we may actually NEED the 36 year old Plax to return just to give Ben another target with NFL experience

Weegie = Championship! :chuckle:

HollywoodSteel
03-17-2014, 04:12 PM
I would have loved to acquire a vet like Steve Smith. That dude might have lost some speed but he's a fighter. Not only would he have been great at taking some of the heat off of Brown, the guy loves to block as well. He would have been good in our system, blocking for Brown on those bubble screens.

Mojouw
03-17-2014, 04:29 PM
What does Steve Smith bring at this point besides a name? He is 33 or 35 years old. Has excellent hands, but is losing his legs. If this team was one more player on offense away from a SB - then MAYBE Smith is a good idea.

I would rather see Morgan from the Saints. Young, fast, decent hands and his best football is ahead of him. Those are the types of players a team in reload/rebuild needs to sign. Cheap(er) 24-27 year old guys that have the potential for a high upside.

The Steelers do not need anymore veterans on the downslope of their career. A roster loaded with those players is how we got in this position in the first place.

tube517
03-17-2014, 04:56 PM
What does Steve Smith bring at this point besides a name? He is 33 or 35 years old. Has excellent hands, but is losing his legs. If this team was one more player on offense away from a SB - then MAYBE Smith is a good idea.

I would rather see Morgan from the Saints. Young, fast, decent hands and his best football is ahead of him. Those are the types of players a team in reload/rebuild needs to sign. Cheap(er) 24-27 year old guys that have the potential for a high upside.

The Steelers do not need anymore veterans on the downslope of their career. A roster loaded with those players is how we got in this position in the first place.

http://www.biography.com/imported/images/Biography/Images/Profiles/M/Joe-Morgan-39326-1-402.jpg :chuckle:

Dwinsgames
03-17-2014, 05:04 PM
James Jones off the board ...he is now a Raider ...bet he would think Ben and the steelers would be a more rewarding time spent , but NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO we dont even make the effort ...

those are the things that piss me off

XxKnightxX
03-17-2014, 05:14 PM
How are all of these receiver going to teams that dont even have a quarterback yet? wait wait, let me stir the shit pot. FIRE HALEY!!!

GBMelBlount
03-17-2014, 05:40 PM

Doesn't it take most players 3 years to transition to the NFL?

I think you are being a bit presumptious.

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.biography.com/imported/images/Biography/Images/Profiles/M/Joe-Morgan-39326-1-402.jpg :chuckle:

Very cool!

I LOVED the Big Red machine back in the mid 70's when I was playing baseball.

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20130907&content_id=59814252&vkey=news_cin&c_id=cin

Dwinsgames
03-17-2014, 06:09 PM
Doesn't it take most players 3 years to transition to the NFL?

I think you are being a bit presumptious.

maybe , but I call it like I see it , been doing player evaluations a long long time ,sure I am not Mike Mayock or Mel Kiper jr or anything like that but I trust my eyes all the same , I recognize what it takes and what I see and I believe those are best case scenarios for those players ...

could I be wrong , sure I could it would not be the first time nor would it be the last but from my experience in watching the tape , studying the play style , the strengths and weaknesses of players games the above is what I see ....

trust me I wish it was better news , but I was not that high on Wheaton to begin with , I thought he compared best case scenario as another A.B now I am hedging a bit and think it is less than Brown as he showed zero to me last year in terms of progression from College to pro , I realize he did not see the field much but he had a training camp and a lot of practices to improve and I see no improvement whatsoever