PDA

View Full Version : Of the remaining free agents...

salamander
03-13-2014, 12:07 PM
Just want to pick everyone's brains. Of the remaining free agents available, who you would want to see the Steelers sign?

Spike
03-13-2014, 12:11 PM
James Harrison

James Harrison ‏@jharrison9292 · 27m Many thanks to all the @Bengals fans for your support over the last year - I had a great time in Cincinnati.

Dwinsgames
03-13-2014, 12:21 PM
someone , anyone who can man the DE spot opposite Heyward and not embarrass themselves or us in the process

Psycho Ward 86
03-13-2014, 12:59 PM
Dominique Rodgers Cromartie. Seriously, probowl talent, young, solid durability, flew under the radar and shouldnt be able to command as much as his talent would indicate. Not sure why he hasnt been talked about at all yet.

LLT
03-13-2014, 01:07 PM
someone , anyone who can man the DE spot opposite Heyward and not embarrass themselves or us in the process

I think that guy might have the last name of "Kiesel"

salamander
03-13-2014, 01:11 PM
Dominique Rodgers Cromartie. Seriously, probowl talent, young, solid durability, flew under the radar and shouldnt be able to command as much as his talent would indicate. Not sure why he hasnt been talked about at all yet.

I can get onboard with that.

Also, I would also like to see Da Beard back.

Dwinsgames
03-13-2014, 01:14 PM
I think that guy might have the last name of "Kiesel"

he may ... he may also be named Carrington in the eyes of the Steelers we will know tonight either way I think

tube517
03-13-2014, 01:32 PM
I'd be happy with Da Beard and Cotch re-signed. Not resigned. :chuckle:

LLT
03-13-2014, 03:29 PM
he may ... he may also be named Carrington in the eyes of the Steelers we will know tonight either way I think

I like Carrington, but the wise thing would be to bring Kiesel back for a short contract..and draft a stud DE in the first couple of rounds. That gives us our best two DE's returning. With a stud Rookie and the "possibility" of McLenden also rotating if necessary...thats not a bad group.

Of course we have to hope Hebron Fangupo steps up and can take more snaps at NT, and that either Nick Williams or Brian Arnfelt are ready to fill in.

steel9guy
03-13-2014, 04:00 PM
James Harrison return now that he's free? I'm guessing not even though he is my favorite Defensive Steeler from last decade.

Randy06
03-13-2014, 04:42 PM
Harrison? Really? No thanks, I would like Crow, and Wolfork if he is released.

LLT
03-13-2014, 04:43 PM
James Harrison. He'd look good in B&G!

you bitches just bite my ass

fuck these mods

Excuse me?

Psycho Ward 86
03-13-2014, 04:52 PM
oh and wesley woodyard! PERFECT fit for us. the phenomenal linebacker, one of the best in the league in coverage. He just had a down year due to a stinger. Thatll bring his market value way down. If we have to make one more splash signing, woodyard or rodgers-cromartie please! Still pretty young. With him in line, jones, worilds, timmons, woodyard could be the next great steelers LB corp

Randy06
03-13-2014, 04:54 PM
Didn't know Woodyard was out there. He would be a great addition to the team. Don't see DRC though. He turned down a lot of cash so, not sure what he wants.

LLT
03-13-2014, 04:55 PM
oh and wesley woodyard! PERFECT fit for us. the phenomenal linebacker, one of the best in the league in coverage. He just had a down year due to a stinger. Thatll bring his market value way down. If we have to make one more splash signing, woodyard or rodgers-cromartie please! Still pretty young. With him in line, jones, worilds, timmons, woodyard could be the next great steelers LB corp

Woodyard was the player I talked about earlier in the week...Completely agree with you!!!!

SteelerFanInStl
03-13-2014, 06:06 PM
DRC wants way too much money. Woodyard would be a very welcome addition.

Psycho Ward 86
03-13-2014, 06:17 PM

http://nfl.si.com/2014/03/13/dominique-rodgers-cromartie-reportedly-turned-down-54-million-offer-from-broncos/

LMFAO, im sorry i never saw this article until just now. scratch that. yikes.

LLT
03-13-2014, 06:27 PM

if we could get a DE...and either Woodyard or CB Tarell Brown...I would be very happy

HollywoodSteel
03-13-2014, 06:30 PM
I started another thread about Harrison before seeing that the subject was being discussed here. I certainly wouldn't want to make the move if it hurt us too much cap-wise, but with the incentives of vet minimums in the new rules, it might be worth it. I love the idea of him retiring a Steeler (which we could probably make happen for free if no one in the NFL is going to give him another chance) but beyond that I really like him mentoring Jones. He has a lot of technique he could help the youngster with, but even more important is the swagger and intimidation that he brings. Even his locker room presence is a huge bonus.

Bottom line, the man is a Steeler through and through and he belongs here. Last year he was wearing nothing more than a silly Halloween costume. With Woodley gone I think it is even more important to add depth to the OLB position and, as we all know, our system is complicated. Much better JH than a rookie or some other back-up from another team.

But the most important factor is that I do not want to change my avatar. I kept it all last year despite that fact that the world was trying to trick me into thinking he was a Bengal.

SteelerCountry58
03-13-2014, 06:34 PM
He may have a higher price tag but I'd love to see Jared Allen as our stop gap DE until
we select some with draft picks. Allen is a crazy bastard but still very productive.
2/3 yr. deal and resign Keisel for vet min. Allen and Keisel would be cool to see rotating
or playing opposite of each other occasionally. On DRC...hell no,guy is a cancer.

HollywoodSteel
03-13-2014, 08:11 PM
He may have a higher price tag but I'd love to see Jared Allen as our stop gap DE until
we select some with draft picks. Allen is a crazy bastard but still very productive.
2/3 yr. deal and resign Keisel for vet min. Allen and Keisel would be cool to see rotating
or playing opposite of each other occasionally. On DRC...hell no,guy is a cancer.

Wouldn't J. Allen be a waste unless we converted him to LB? He's a 4-3 pass rushing DE. I'm not sure what we would do with him.

katmandu
03-13-2014, 09:01 PM
James Harrison ..........................he is my favorite Defensive Steeler from last decade.Then why do you still have Woodley as your Avatar ? :huh: :>)

Bring Da Beard back for an encore!

86WARD
03-13-2014, 10:26 PM
Allen is more of a 4-3 guy.

Steelersfan
03-13-2014, 11:38 PM
I'd be perfectly happy if they would have went hard at and signed Verner. Since they didn't, we have holes that may all be impossible to be filled, even with the draft.

Bring in and kick the tires on:

Legarette Blount RB
Maurice Jones Drew RB
Walter Thurmond CB
Brandon Spikes LB
Wesley Woodyard LB
Alex Carrington DE
Jermichael Finley TE again

Sign anyone you feel could help and START the draft prep... Got to get the draft RIGHT. Not a single player left from the 2008 or now the 2009 draft. TERRIBLE !!! Got to DO BETTER !!! Might be time to rethink the scouting department and bring in some evaluators and get rid of all the non-football-evaluating relatives that were given courtesy scouting jobs. If this draft doesn't go well, the scouting department needs a complete overhaul next off-season. Some "pink" slips need to fly!!!

Mojouw
03-18-2014, 11:15 AM
So now that the NFL is solidly into the 2nd or 3rd wave of FA and the money has calmed down. Here are some names that might help the Steelers fill some pre-draft holes. No idea where the money would come from.

Arthur Moats - LB
Joe Morgan - WR
EJ Biggers - CB
Alex Carrington - DL
Andre Brown - RB
Maurice Jones Drew - RB
Antoine Cason - CB
Jermichael Finley - TE
Damien Williams - WR
Santonio Holmes - WR

st33lersguy
03-18-2014, 11:52 AM
So now that the NFL is solidly into the 2nd or 3rd wave of FA and the money has calmed down. Here are some names that might help the Steelers fill some pre-draft holes. No idea where the money would come from.

Arthur Moats - LB
Joe Morgan - WR
EJ Biggers - CB
Alex Carrington - DL
Andre Brown - RB
Maurice Jones Drew - RB
Antoine Cason - CB
Jermichael Finley - TE
Damien Williams - WR
Santonio Holmes - WR

LOL, doubt the Steelers would try that again

Mojouw
03-18-2014, 12:04 PM
LOL, doubt the Steelers would try that again

Thought I might sneak that one by everyone. With the # of other players they have brought back over the years, maybe. But not the same offensive system as when he left (most of the returning players were on defense) and there is his love of weed and being injured.

Still he is more talented than a lot of the other names still on the market. Does anyone really think that if he is finally healthy again, that Holmes couldn't do what Sanders did?

NCSteeler
03-18-2014, 06:00 PM

Arthur Moats - LB
Joe Morgan - WR - resigned with Saints
EJ Biggers - CB
Alex Carrington - DL
Andre Brown - RB
Maurice Jones Drew - RB
Antoine Cason - CB
Jermichael Finley - TE
Damien Williams - WR
Santonio Holmes - WR - doubtful

Kenny Britt - maybe

Dwinsgames
03-18-2014, 06:51 PM
Kenny Britt - maybe

won't happen Munch had him on bench all of 2013

katmandu
03-19-2014, 08:08 AM
Kenny Britt - maybeRead what the Titan's fans have to say about his first!

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/players/playerpage/1115016/kenny-britt

This fan sums up the general consensuses on him.

PeteSlappySep 15, 2013

What an utter waste of talent ... physical specimen but no heart and nothing between the ears. Droppable. If fans are questioning a players "heart", I have no use for them.

salamander
03-19-2014, 09:26 AM
Yes, please stay far away from Kenny Britt.

KeiselPower99
03-19-2014, 07:37 PM
Cotchery and Keisel ae obvious. I wouldnt mind seeing Harrison brought back for depth and to help Jones out. I also would not mind seeing Pat Angerer given a opportunity. I think he would be a good player to push Williams for the starting spot beside Timmons. We need a Rb but Im not sure who could come in and help us out.

86WARD
03-19-2014, 07:38 PM
Joe Morgan signed today.