PDA

View Full Version : Leftwich eager to hit the ground running as leader of the offense

Craic
08-13-2010, 12:55 PM
I looked, but couldn't find it posted here... Interesting article.

Ben Roethlisberger has had the best first two weeks of training camp in his career, which makes the first four weeks of the Steelers' regular season that much more important.
If, at 28, Roethlisberger appears to be ready to improve on his best statistical season in 2009, then what the Steelers do during those first four games without him could mean the difference between getting another shot at a Super Bowl or writing the season off as one big calamity.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10225/1079725-66.stm?cmpid=steelers.xml#ixzz0wVfeHTvv

vasteeler
08-13-2010, 02:39 PM
great article,i have high hopes for this team and i think lefty will hold his own. our schedule isnt that intimidating the first four weeks.

HometownGal
08-13-2010, 06:05 PM
I love Lefty's upbeat 'tude. He knows his role and accepts it with pride. :thumbsup: I'm happy to have him back in the B & G. :tt02:

Good read Father - thanks! :drink:

tony hipchest
08-13-2010, 06:26 PM
actually, i posted it in the other similar byron leftwich thread.

How Leftwich plays may set course

http://www.steelersuniverse.com/forums/newreply.php?do=postreply&t=1926

ive tried an experiment with putting stefan logan articles, dick lebeau, j. dwyer, etc. in the same thread (since they were all pretty much saying the same thing or discussing the same issue) but it hasnt caught on yet and is obviously not the way to go. it seems each seperate article is better off having its own thread even if the subject matter and discussion is the same. :noidea:

stillers4me
08-13-2010, 06:30 PM
actually, i posted it in the other similar byron leftwich thread.

How Leftwich plays may set course

http://www.steelersuniverse.com/forums/newreply.php?do=postreply&t=1926

ive tried an experiment with putting stefan logan articles, dick lebeau, j. dwyer, etc. in the same thread (since they were all pretty much saying the same thing or discussing the same issue) but it hasnt caught on yet and is obviously not the way to go. it seems each seperate article is better off having its own thread even if the subject matter and discussion is the same. :noidea:
I've been doing the same thing, Tony. For instance, the PG and the Trib will often run similar articles on the same day so I put one in the others thread. It doesn't make sense to post them in separate threads. We did the same thing at SF. I've moved some posts into other threads to clean up the board.

HometownGal
08-13-2010, 06:32 PM
I've left things alone unless the articles are identical, as this is a fairly new board and folks who aren't here on a daily basis may not see a similar article if it falls down the forum wall.

Killer
08-13-2010, 06:37 PM
Did they have to use "Leftwich" and "hit the ground" in the same sentence?

ALLD
08-13-2010, 07:11 PM
Nobody in professional sports could ask for a better opportunity. I bet Lefty leaves nothing out on the field as he will give it his best effort.

I remember how he moved the offense better in the Redskins game than BB. However, BB will be coming back with a major chip on his shoulder. His attitude might be good for another SB win in the next two seasons.

oneforthetoe
08-13-2010, 11:02 PM
When we first resigned Lefty I was ok with it but not thrilled. I figured Dixon and/or Charlie could handle things for a short period of time. However, after seeing what MT is doing with playing time with the 1st team offense for his Qb's, it occurs to me that MT and the FO might actually know more about football than I do .... go figure. If we would have been relying on Dixon he would have needed more reps with the first team offense (than Lefty), which then allows Ben to get his work in. Even if we would have been counting on Charlie instead, Dixon still would have had to get more reps with the first team, since 10 mile per hour gusts of wind are a both frequent at Heinz Field and pose a real threat to Charlies health.