PDA

View Full Version : Pouncey develops rapidly at right guard and center

tony hipchest
08-12-2010, 11:41 PM
its about time were getting positive kick ass news about a rookie 1st rounder less than 2 weeks into camp.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_694694.html
"I'm very well prepared to go out there and perform," Pouncey said yesterday. "I ain't going to say I know (the playbook) to the T, but I've got it down pretty good."
What makes his grasp of the playbook all the more impressive is that Pouncey has been learning two positions, something offensive line coach Sean Kugler said is "very rare" for a rookie to do.
"This thing hasn't fazed him," Kugler said. "He's picked it up probably at a pace as quickly or better than I would have expected."

steelerdude15
08-13-2010, 12:53 AM
Good to hear, hopefully he does start for us.

MasterOfPuppets
08-13-2010, 01:53 AM
i myself think HARTWIG is the weak link on the oline, and would like to see pouncey starting at center right away.

Craic
08-13-2010, 02:08 AM
Does that mean he gets to play both positions at the same time?

:scratchchin: :chuckle:

solardave
08-13-2010, 03:57 AM
QUOTE=MasterOfPuppets;36099]i myself think Hartwig is the weak link on the oline, and would like to see pouncey starting at center right away.[/QUOTE]

Mayhan is ???? orMII (missing in inaction!):chuckle:

MasterOfPuppets
08-13-2010, 04:28 AM
Mayhan is ???? orMII (missing in inaction!):chuckle
lol.... missing ? nooo...he's right there by faneca .

meh ...usually i call him hartings ...

ricardisimo
08-13-2010, 05:04 AM
That's OK. Tony's going to be calling our RB "Fast Willie" all year round... just wait and see.

stillers4me
08-13-2010, 05:09 AM
I think I speak for the entire Steelers Nation............I can't wait for Saturday night!!!

Galax Steeler
08-13-2010, 06:14 AM
I love what I have been a reading about Pouncey. I say he will start at center as MOP said Hartwig is the week link on the line. If we can clog the middle then that will help buy Ben some time to throw the ball.

memphissteelergirl
08-13-2010, 08:13 AM
Now THAT's what I like to hear! :tt02:

MULLDOG24
08-13-2010, 09:05 AM
Man...Colbert must have really meant it when he said Pouncey was to good to pass up on in the draft. I hope Pouncey is able to start at C this year as well.

vrabinec
08-13-2010, 09:40 AM
They keep writing about his football aptitude, how fast he picks stuff up. I'd love to read how he's mauling guys, rather than just that he's picking up the position faster than expected. Yeah, can't wait for tomorrow night to see how he's coming along. The practice I saw him at was the first one, and he didn't look that good, but since he ran his conditioning test that morning, he has an excuse (I'm sure his legs were jello by that part of the day). But it still makes me nervous. I wanna see him pancake some guys tomorrow.

Killer
08-13-2010, 11:09 AM
Go Pouncey! Make that center job yours.

BuddhaBus
08-13-2010, 12:29 PM
Well, the front office did say something to the effect that they wanted to see more of our rookies making a splash earlier than they normally do. The Steelers generally seem to bring their rookies along slowly and gradually. Maybe Pouncey will be the first of our early bloomers. I sure hope so. I'd like to see him blowing D-linemen up this year. C'mon Maurkice!

Craic
08-13-2010, 01:07 PM
I still say I want to see what Hartwig can do at RG. This line however, may be shaping up to being a line that we can actually run behind. In all honesty, pass blocking (aside from a couple horrid moments last year i.e. Cleveland) has improved quite a bit. Ben usually has at least 3 seconds to make a pass. Often, it is more like 5. I do think a good 30-40 percent of sacks is Ben's fault. But that is ok as well. I'd rather him take those risks.

vasteeler
08-13-2010, 02:44 PM
I still say I want to see what Hartwig can do at RG. This line however, may be shaping up to being a line that we can actually run behind. In all honesty, pass blocking (aside from a couple horrid moments last year i.e. Cleveland) has improved quite a bit. Ben usually has at least 3 seconds to make a pass. Often, it is more like 5. I do think a good 30-40 percent of sacks is Ben's fault. But that is ok as well. I'd rather him take those risks.

i totally agree , i think we will be surprised by their play

solardave
08-14-2010, 04:58 AM
lol.... missing ? nooo...he's right there by faneca .

meh ...usually i call him hartings ...

what's in a name Master? They both are subpar. pouncey is better than both put together right now.

MasterOfPuppets
08-14-2010, 04:35 PM
what's in a name Master? They both are subpar. pouncey is better than both put together right now.

well i do no first hand, that calling your GF by your EX girlfriends name can cause a violent reaction ...:nervous:

O'Malley
08-14-2010, 05:05 PM
I have high hopes for Pouncey(at center). We need bruisers on the O line. Plus he is a smart palyer, so he should fit right in.