View Full Version : Tomlin: Not Certain If Roethlisberger Will Play

polamalubeast
08-12-2010, 09:51 PM
Tomlin: Not Certain If Roethlisberger Will Play
Exhibition Game Will Be QB's First Since Suspension
ALAN ROBINSON, AP Sports Writer
POSTED: 11:47 am EDT August 12, 2010
UPDATED: 6:01 pm EDT August 12, 2010

LATROBE, Pa. -- Ben Roethlisberger is permitted to play in all the Pittsburgh Steelers' preseason games before his suspension begins. That doesn't mean he will.

Coach Mike Tomlin wouldn't say Thursday whether Roethlisberger will take a few snaps with the starters during Saturday night's exhibition game against the Detroit Lions - the first time the quarterback will appear before his home crowd since being suspended for six games.

"We're going to make you come to the stadium to check that out," Tomlin said.

Because the starters will play only eight to 12 plays, it is unlikely both Roethlisberger and Byron Leftwich will get on the field, unless it's for a few downs apiece. Leftwich will be the starter when the season opens and Roethlisberger's suspension begins.

"I want to play - I want to be out there with the guys. I'd like to play the whole game," Roethlisberger said. "If coach says I'm not going to play, it's his call."

read more

http://www.thepittsburghchannel.com/steelers/24607324/detail.html

Stlrs4Life
08-12-2010, 09:56 PM
Were going to make you come to the stadium? What is that supposed to mean? We'll be there Mike.

Killer
08-12-2010, 10:22 PM
You mean like "it's just Detroit and maybe if Ben won't be playing nobody will come and the stands will be empty" - right - Mike is just doing some promotional sales work and is ready to UNLEASH HELL on Detroit.

Galax Steeler
08-13-2010, 06:31 AM
I say he plays the first series just to see how him and Pouncey do in a game together then he will give way to Leftwich.

steeldawg
08-13-2010, 06:43 AM
I think he has to start. We have to get him game speed reps because hes not gonna play with 2nd or 3rd team O-line., So if you dont start him that means he doesnt play and then your talkin 8 weeks with no game speed reps.