PDA

View Full Version : Colbert at combine speech

Dwinsgames
02-20-2014, 11:06 AM
some of my out takes ....most of which has already been said by some others and myself here already , validated by Colbert today

personal interview is HUGE .....

exp has taught us a lot of the younger players are not ready for this ( the leap ) easier transition to pros from senior year than soph or junior , pressure can be overwhelming and could be career ending ...

been doing this 30 years and this is the deepest draft I have seen .....

caution ally optimistic on the underclassmen emotional readiness ....

draft is deep everywhere you look all pos......

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000326826/article/steelers-gm-colbert-this-is-most-immature-draft-class-ive-seen

Shoes
02-20-2014, 11:16 AM
There are also plenty of immature "pros", the latest being ray rice.

KeiselPower99
02-20-2014, 04:49 PM
Thats just being a Raven

NCSteeler
02-22-2014, 07:56 AM
When was the last time a draft wasn't advertised as deep?

Dwinsgames
02-22-2014, 10:59 AM
When was the last time a draft wasn't advertised as deep?

its normally deep in a pos or two ... this year draft wide depth ....

its fact make fun of it all ya like but it doesnt change it any we have over 100 underclassmen in this draft DOUBLE the record amount ever included in the draft before .... thats nearly 2 extra rounds of talent shoved into the same amount of draft slots and gobs of extra UDFA's that are normally drafted ...

if that is not deep to you not sure what else I can say to convince you lol

:drink:

Count Steeler
02-22-2014, 11:39 AM
If the draft is this deep and this broad, I don't expect the Steelers to distinguish themselves from the rest of the league.

Where the Steelers have to get better is player development.

That is on the coaches, so I hope the attitude of the last 8 games of 2013 prevails after the draft and into the OTAs and TC. If we see a return to the 2013 preseason strategy, the Steelers will remain mediocre, at best.