PDA

View Full Version : Mike Mayock on 2014 draft class

Dwinsgames
02-18-2014, 01:17 PM
Mike Mayock says this is the deepest and best draft class he's seen in 10 years. Coming out firing!

I agree its the best class in years ( and deepest over all ) just kind of light in topside elite talent that is why I say if a top 10 talent does not fall in your lap at 15 you trade back a few times if possible and collect picks the the heart and soul of this draft mid 2 to mid 4 ....we will see guys drafted in the 5th and 6th round this year that would have been gone in prior years drafts 2 rounds sooner

blackngldblood
02-18-2014, 04:55 PM
I agree its the best class in years ( and deepest over all ) just kind of light in topside elite talent that is why I say if a top 10 talent does not fall in your lap at 15 you trade back a few times if possible and collect picks the the heart and soul of this draft mid 2 to mid 4 ....we will see guys drafted in the 5th and 6th round this year that would have been gone in prior years drafts 2 rounds sooner

And this is exactly why I will lose my shit if Goodell takes a 2nd round pick for the team. We're already hoping for a comp pick on the third.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LLT
02-18-2014, 05:05 PM

But if the talent isnt there at #15...it is going to be very hard to trade back unless TWO teams are enamored with the same player

Dwinsgames
02-18-2014, 05:10 PM
But if the talent isnt there at #15...it is going to be very hard to trade back unless TWO teams are enamored with the same player

hopefully there is someone ( or a couple of someones) there that just does not fit in our scheme or is not a pos of need

Steeltreal
02-18-2014, 05:23 PM
Seems like the Steelers 'On the Clock' Crew broke the record with getting their first round pick to the podium in consecutive years with DeCastro and Jones. We'd be lucky if that trend continues

Dwinsgames
02-18-2014, 05:32 PM
Seems like the Steelers 'On the Clock' Crew broke the record with getting their first round pick to the podium in consecutive years with DeCastro and Jones. We'd be lucky if that trend continues

even luckier if it does not and we see a trade hit the board that slides us back just a few picks and lets us gain another top 100 selection

LLT
02-18-2014, 05:42 PM
hopefully there is someone ( or a couple of someones) there that just does not fit in our scheme or is not a pos of need

I think we may see a run on DE/OLB's and DE/Dt's in the early part of this draft

Dwinsgames
02-18-2014, 05:57 PM
I think we may see a run on DE/OLB's and DE/Dt's in the early part of this draft

if that happens , we could see a few QBs / WR/S/TE's/CB that several teams would love to move up and pluck but taking one of them may prove to be to tempting for Colbert to pass up

LLT
02-18-2014, 06:38 PM
if that happens , we could see a few QBs / WR/S/TE's/CB that several teams would love to move up and pluck but taking one of them may prove to be to tempting for Colbert to pass up

Very possible. So many teams need help with Pass Rush and Secondary help.

I think there is going to be an early rush on QB's...and some sort of trade early in the second to pick up Garrapollo (If the Cardinals dont reach for him in the 1st)

Dwinsgames
02-18-2014, 08:55 PM
Very possible. So many teams need help with Pass Rush and Secondary help.

I think there is going to be an early rush on QB's...and some sort of trade early in the second to pick up Garrapollo (If the Cardinals dont reach for him in the 1st)

I wouldn't count out Brett Smith as a B.A. target ( just kind of thinking out loud )