PDA

View Full Version : Rick Gosselin- Steelers best organization in the NFL

tony hipchest
08-12-2010, 06:11 PM
Rick is the dallas fishwrap writer who dick lebeau thanked in his induction speech (and of course one of the HOF voters who pushed for dick to be on the ballot).

he is also known for putting together some of the finest mock drafts consistantly, year after year.

great article with many topics (mostly cowboys) but this was the best-

Canton callings

My vote for the best organization in the NFL goes to the Steelers – and not because they have won a record six Super Bowls. My vote goes to the Steelers for what I saw Saturday night.
When Pittsburgh defensive coordinator Dick LeBeau was inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame, the Steelers came en masse from training camp in Latrobe, Pa. The Steelers loaded up all 80 players plus the coaching, training and front office staffs on a caravan of buses for the three-hour trip to Canton to be on hand for LeBeau's enshrinement.
It was the first time in Hall of Fame history that an entire team had come for an enshrinement. Even team owner Dan Rooney, now the U.S. ambassador to Ireland, flew in from Dublin.
Several of the Steelers wore LeBeau No. 44 throwback jerseys from his days as a cornerback with the Detroit Lions. Personnel director Kevin Colbert, a former Lions employee, even wore a powder blue LeBeau/Lions ball cap during the ceremony. When LeBeau gave his 17-minute enshrinement speech, the defensive starters all stood throughout in tribute to the man who coaches them.
The NFL has become such a football business that many, if not most, of its franchises have forgotten the people aspect of the sport. I can count on one hand the franchises that have not forgotten. Put the Steelers at the top of the list. This is an organization that cares as much about its people as it does winning football games.
I hope 31 other teams were watching Saturday night to see how a franchise should be run. The Steelers have their priorities in proper order. Honoring one of their own was more important to them than an August day in training camp.

http://www.dallasnews.com/s/dws/nwsltr/sports/fromthe50/stories/081110dnspoinsidenfl.3ee09c2f.html

SMR
08-12-2010, 06:18 PM
Rick is the dallas fishwrap writer who dick lebeau thanked in his induction speech (and of course one of the HOF voters who pushed for dick to be on the ballot).

he is also known for putting together some of the finest mock drafts consistantly, year after year.

great article with many topics (mostly cowboys) but this was the best-

http://www.dallasnews.com/s/dws/nwsltr/sports/fromthe50/stories/081110dnspoinsidenfl.3ee09c2f.html

This is fantastic. Now....I'm outta words.

Kittyfish
08-13-2010, 08:29 AM
Yeah, not much to add to that. What a great honor, what great respect paid to Mr. LeBeau - he must have been floored; I don't know how he made it through his speech - and, as stated, it reflected well upon the whole organization. A class act all the way around, starting with Mr. LeBeau himself. I feel very proud to be a Steelers fan after reading that.

Indo
08-13-2010, 11:12 AM
Good find HipCranium.
Excellent read.

SteelerEmpire
08-13-2010, 12:33 PM
He just reaffirmed what educated Steeler's fans already knew and a truth that other teams (and I mean from the owner's down to the fans) hate to admit, but know it as well themselves...
Good article...Thanks for posting...

salamander
08-13-2010, 02:15 PM
This right here is why we should all be damned proud to be fans of the Pittsburgh Steelers and members of Steeler Nation.

:tt03:

memphissteelergirl
08-13-2010, 02:31 PM
This right here is why we should all be damned proud to be fans of the Pittsburgh Steelers and members of Steeler Nation.

:tt03:

Hear, here!! :clap2::tt03:

tihmtahm
08-13-2010, 02:59 PM
I've always been damn proud to be a Steelers fan. This reaffirms that hands down, the Steelers are the best organization anywhere on the planet, period!

salamander
08-13-2010, 04:01 PM
I've always been damn proud to be a Steelers fan. This reaffirms that hands down, the Steelers are the best organization anywhere on the planet, period!

You got that right! :thumbsup: