PDA

View Full Version : final pre combine mock

Dwinsgames
02-15-2014, 07:28 PM
I do not change guys post combine based on numbers or even pos drills ...

if I make a change it will be based on physicals / interviews / drug testing /who we visited with

football is played on the field with pads , I am looking for football players not workout warriors or track stars

1) J.Gilbert CB
2) Ed Reynolds S
3 comp)Josh Mauro DE
4) C.Gilmore TE
5) Cody Hoffman WR
5comp)Justin Ellis NT
6)Devon Kennard OLB
6comp) C. Kirksey ILB
7) A. Andrews RB

Texasteel
02-15-2014, 09:36 PM
Like the draft, and think the players fall pretty much in line as far as the draft picks are concerned. Just not sure if Gilbert will be there for us, and Kirksey looks to be moving up right now.

Aussie_steeler
02-15-2014, 11:11 PM
Good draft DWins

Thanks for putting Crockett Gillmore in there. I haven't heard of him but I checked out his tape from the San Jose State Game and he looks very solid.

Gilbert may well be the first CB off the board after the combine. I think he is going to be something worth watching over the next 10 years or so. He will make an immediate impact as a return guy from day 1.

Dwinsgames
02-15-2014, 11:18 PM
Good draft DWins

Thanks for putting Crockett Gillmore in there. I haven't heard of him but I checked out his tape from the San Jose State Game and he looks very solid.

Gilbert may well be the first CB off the board after the combine. I think he is going to be something worth watching over the next 10 years or so. He will make an immediate impact as a return guy from day 1.

check out his senior bowl tape if you still have it , did some extremely nice blocking and had 5 or 6 grabs for 60 or so yards and if I am not mistaken he scored as well ( and was a last min invite at that )

st33lersguy
02-15-2014, 11:33 PM
Like it

Aussie_steeler
02-16-2014, 03:16 AM
check out his senior bowl tape if you still have it , did some extremely nice blocking and had 5 or 6 grabs for 60 or so yards and if I am not mistaken he scored as well ( and was a last min invite at that )

didn't watch the senior bowl. I had region trouble getting the practice and game feeds.

His name has completely slipped me.

He looks like Troy Niklas as a lock down blocker, however he may be more fluid than Nicklas running his routes

GBMelBlount
02-16-2014, 06:09 AM
I do not change guys post combine based on numbers or even pos drills ...

if I make a change it will be based on physicals / interviews / drug testing /who we visited with

football is played on the field with pads , I am looking for football players not workout warriors or track stars

1) J.Gilbert CB
2) Ed Reynolds S
3 comp)Josh Mauro DE
4) C.Gilmore TE
5) Cody Hoffman WR
5comp)Justin Ellis NT
6)Devon Kennard OLB
6comp) C. Kirksey ILB
7) A. Andrews RB

I see you have a TE before WR.

Can you tell us a little bit about Gilmore?

Dwinsgames
02-16-2014, 09:54 AM
I see you have a TE before WR.

Can you tell us a little bit about Gilmore?

Gilmore is one of those guys who gets over looked , his Program Colorado State hasnt gotten much notoriety of late and consequently not much national TV time so he is a virtual unknown by many ..

he has good size 6-6 253 with broad shoulders and long arms ( can add some weight with his frame )without loss of speed ( he is not fast anyways )

very willing blocker who has a touch of nastiness to him in doing so he can get physical even with being slightly light for his frame , has very good hand eye coordination and big soft hands , catches the ball at it high point and fights for pos. in doing so ( no Mike Wallace in this kid )

he has been productive when they make attempts at getting him the ball 40 + catches two of the last 3 years with just 19 sprinkled in between ....

he is not fast nor quick , he works to get open and is successful in doing so ...

he is a do it all TE that is not perfect but has shown enough to supplant a guy like Paulson in short order yet still has room for his game to grow and develop into a solid starter or extremely good #2 TE when looking in terms of cost vs talent and ceiling he could prove to be a bargain in 2 years if he develops as I suspect he can ...

going up against the nations better prospects at the senior bowl with less than 5 days notice he would even be in attendance he shined as one of the best TEs of the group and continued to do so when it all mattered game time , hauled in 6 balls for just over 60 yards and a score ...

that is the kind of production I see him producing at the next level as he is very difficult to defend because of his physical stature

GBMelBlount
02-16-2014, 02:15 PM
Looks like he runs about the same 40 as Heath did coming out of college.

Dwinsgames
02-16-2014, 03:59 PM
Looks like he runs about the same 40 as Heath did coming out of college.

yes similar in that regard ...

slightly better blocker than Miller at equal points in their career ... Miller is excellent now but needed work as a rookie

Miller was the better receive of the two but with more work who knows the ceiling Gilmore has , its remains to be seen at this point ..

solid pick imo at that point in the draft

BND65
02-16-2014, 05:43 PM
You have always been high on C.J. Fiedorowicz. Did something change your mind about him or has he played himself into higher rounds?

Dwinsgames
02-16-2014, 06:06 PM
You have always been high on C.J. Fiedorowicz. Did something change your mind about him or has he played himself into higher rounds?

still love C.J. just think we have greater need with our second round pick and do not believe he will be on the board when our comp pick comes into play in the 3rd .... I think he gets drafted between 50-70

Aussie_steeler
02-17-2014, 12:53 AM
1-15 Marquise Lee WR
2-15 Kyle Fuller CB
3-comp Terrance Brooks FS
4-15 Josh Mauro DE
5-15 Michael Sam OLB
5 comp Ryan Carrethers NT
6-15 Phillip Gaines CB
7-15 Derrell Johnson LB
7 comp Adam Muema RB

Cut Woodley, sign Worilds and start building the D for the future
First 5 are squad players
Last 4 grow on practice squad ( Muema to the roster due to lack of RB's)
TE, ILB & O-line in 2015

Dwinsgames
02-17-2014, 10:15 AM
1-15 Marquise Lee WR
2-15 Kyle Fuller CB
3-comp Terrance Brooks FS
4-15 Josh Mauro DE
5-15 Michael Sam OLB
5 comp Ryan Carrethers NT
6-15 Phillip Gaines CB
7-15 Derrell Johnson LB
7 comp Adam Muema RB

Cut Woodley, sign Worilds and start building the D for the future
First 5 are squad players
Last 4 grow on practice squad ( Muema to the roster due to lack of RB's)
TE, ILB & O-line in 2015

many believe Sam's best shot at success in the NFL is a 2 down ILB ...really like the Mauro pick and think Gaines has a real shot of turning into a good pro ... you like Brooks better than Bailey or Laddler ? or suspect that are gone by then ?

Texasteel
02-17-2014, 12:05 PM
many believe Sam's best shot at success in the NFL is a 2 down ILB ...really like the Mauro pick and think Gaines has a real shot of turning into a good pro ... you like Brooks better than Bailey or Laddler ? or suspect that are gone by then ?

Personally I would rank them Bailey, Brooks, Laddler, which ever one is still there. ( I think Bailey will go earlier in the 3rd ) Bailey and Brooks look a little more agile.

Like the draft Aussie. Still not sold on a WR in the first, but if we do take one Lee looks to be the logical pick to me.

Aussie_steeler
02-17-2014, 02:02 PM
Brooks has CB experience as well.

To me he has a little more range than Bailey and Ladler.

I see a physical corner who transitioned to FS to help his team. After making the transition FSU realised he was a greater asset to them back in cover.

The combine will be the great equaliser for measurable, but I really cannot see much difference between Clinton Dix, Pryor and Brooks when I watch games.

Dwinsgames
02-17-2014, 02:07 PM
Brooks has CB experience as well.

To me he has a little more range than Bailey and Ladler.

I see a physical corner who transitioned to FS to help his team. After making the transition FSU realised he was a greater asset to them back in cover.

The combine will be the great equaliser for measurable, but I really cannot see much difference between Clinton Dix, Pryor and Brooks when I watch games.

Dix has the " burst production " 1 season but looking closer at his game I am finding more and more flaws to it ..... won't go further than that so if you look at him more you will have an open mind about it and not a preconcieved idea ... get back to me once you had the chance ot look it over some more and we will compare notes and see where that takes us ....

I have down graded him on my board to #3 S in the draft ( some will gasp at that notion but that's ok )

LLT
02-17-2014, 06:18 PM
Just to throw my two cents into the ring.

1. CB Justin Gilbert, Oklahoma State, 6-0, 200
2. DT/DE Stephon Tuitt, Notre Dame, 6-6 312
3. FS Dion Bailey, Southern California, 6-0 200
4. ILB Christian Jones, Florida State, 6-4 234
5. WR Jeff Janis, Saginaw Valley, 6-2 212
5. OLB Ronald Powell, Florida, 6-3 240
6. TE Jordan Najvar, Baylor, 6-6 262
7. RB Jerome Smith, Syracuse, 5-11 226
7. CB Kendall James, Maine, 5-11 175

Dwinsgames
02-17-2014, 06:26 PM
Just to throw my two cents into the ring.

1. CB Justin Gilbert, Oklahoma State, 6-0, 200
2. DT/DE Stephon Tuitt, Notre Dame, 6-6 312
3. FS Dion Bailey, Southern California, 6-0 200
4. ILB Christian Jones, Florida State, 6-4 234
5. WR Jeff Janis, Saginaw Valley, 6-2 212
5. OLB Ronald Powell, Florida, 6-3 240
6. TE Jordan Najvar, Baylor, 6-6 262
7. RB Jerome Smith, Syracuse, 5-11 226
7. CB Kendall James, Maine, 5-11 175

nice Janis could be matchup nightmare ,may break the 4.3 barrier

LLT
02-17-2014, 06:40 PM
nice Janis could be matchup nightmare ,may break the 4.3 barrier

Brown at #1...Bring back Cotchery to play the middle...and draft Janis to stretch the field.

Aussie_steeler
02-17-2014, 11:26 PM
Dix has the " burst production " 1 season but looking closer at his game I am finding more and more flaws to it ..... won't go further than that so if you look at him more you will have an open mind about it and not a preconcieved idea ... get back to me once you had the chance ot look it over some more and we will compare notes and see where that takes us ....

I have down graded him on my board to #3 S in the draft ( some will gasp at that notion but that's ok )

I agree totally on Dix. Alabama is so loaded across the board that I think all the players benefit from the slipstream of each other. The Safeties in that scheme tend to have a bit of a licence to freelance because of the quality of their D ( in comparison to the quality of opposition).

I guess the same could be said for USC and FSU programs.

Brooks passes my eye test better than Dix and Bailey. Hard to quantify but I see a player who sees to have more time on his mind / hands to execute.

Dwinsgames
02-18-2014, 10:20 AM
one guy who I absolutely love the tape on is Alden Darby he is a play maker in the secondary with ball skills and might be the fastest S in the draft , he does not get a lot of publicity but if you have a chance plug in the tape sit back and enjoy this kids play ...... honestly has early draft potential and may not be drafted ( according to pundits ) until the last few rounds ..I am guessing NFL GMS will make the pundits look a bit silly with this kid and take him 2 rounds or more ahead of where they have him slotted .. I have a 3rd round grade on him

actually my 2 favorite S in this draft based on fit for this team are both value picks , Darby and Porras ... I give 3rd and early 5th round grades on most havent clue who Paul Porras eve is , but someday they will look back and say where did that kid come from anyways ???