PDA

View Full Version : couple guys I have been watching

Dwinsgames
02-12-2014, 10:28 PM
not sure if they have been mentioned or not here yet but been watching these 2 pretty closely as of late ...

DE/OLB Devon Kennard , pretty athletic and has played LB and DE so understands the basic concepts needed to play OLB in the 3-4 and has been pretty productive and just might hang around until the later rounds

the other kid is Justin Ellis NT pretty much not on anyone's radar headed into the all star games , once there I do not know how people could not have noticed him , big 360+pound kids that does not know how to move backwards , not real athletic but super stout and can take on a double team before getting his breakfast draft guru guys have been slow to catch on to this kid not so sure NFL teams will be as slow but one can hope

Edit , just did some checking Ellis has caught fire CBS has him as a 4-5 round guy now .... a month or so ago that was not the case

Chidi29
02-12-2014, 11:19 PM
Yeah, Ellis has been climbing. Lot of late round nose tackles out there. No reason to take a guy like Nix in the first. McCullers, Meder, Ellis. He did get his weight down. Was 341 at last check.

Dwinsgames
02-12-2014, 11:46 PM
nice you have noticed him as well , so I am not alone .... old eyes can play tricks on you sometime lol

Texasteel
02-13-2014, 06:41 PM
I have become even more convinced that we should trade down in this draft. A very good CB can be found in the 2nd round, as can a ILB. A 3rd round safety can be had in in Bailey, or Brooks. A #2 WR can be found in the 3rd or 4th. There are more that a couple NTs that look pretty good will land in the middle rounds, as will a couple DE. Even a descent back up OLB might be found late. I hope they are doing their home work.