PDA

View Full Version : Vastly improved Ryan has Falcons poised to catapult Saints

Kaeg
08-12-2010, 03:42 PM
I don't know, maybe he's having a very good camp, but why is there such a bold statement like that? Are the Falcons going to win the SB? It kind of sounds like it. Catapulting past the reigning champs like that. It seems to me that when they mention us, it's mostly about how bad the loss of Ben is going to affect us, and how we'll have a hard time getting past all the bad things. But throw some good passes in another team's camp and you're the best?
Maybe I'm being a bit cynical right now. After all, I do like flying below the radar as much as most people here do. But a little love is appreciated once in a while.
Like I said; maybe I'm being a bit cynical right now.

http://www.nfl.com/trainingcamp/story/09000d5d819a9d5c/article/vastly-improved-ryan-has-falcons-poised-to-catapult-saintst&campaign=Ext_email_NL0812

fansince'76
08-12-2010, 03:48 PM
Seems to me he went through a sophomore slump last year. However, Kirwan doesn't toss hyperbole and sensationalized BS around like the vast majority of sportswriters, so maybe there's actually something to it. I still doubt they win the NFC South over the Saints, though.

Nadroj 20
08-12-2010, 03:57 PM
Seems to me he went through a sophomore slump last year. However, Kirwan doesn't toss hyperbole and sensationalized BS around like the vast majority of sportswriters, so maybe there's actually something to it. I still doubt they win the NFC South over the Saints, though.

I doubt it too, but a wildcard birth wouldnt be surprising.

steeldevil
08-12-2010, 04:39 PM
IF (and this is an enormous IF) their Dline can hold its own, the Panthers will finish above the Falcons in the NFC South. Not buying the Falcons hype at all...

Nadroj 20
08-12-2010, 05:22 PM
They might be ok but they will have to bounce back from a 0-1 start. :tt02:

BigNastyDefense
08-12-2010, 09:27 PM
They might be ok but they will have to bounce back from a 0-1 start. :tt02:

THAT'S FOR SURE!

polamalubeast
08-12-2010, 09:39 PM
I like Matt Ryan and the falcons and I wish them much success in 2010 after the week 1!!!

steelerdude15
08-13-2010, 01:02 AM
I can see this team with a playoff birth, but that's about it.