PDA

View Full Version : Ben working out with Wheaton & Moye

GBMelBlount
02-07-2014, 08:23 AM
Ben getting on the same page with Wheaton (& Moye) may be the last piece this offense needs to dominate next year.

He is on a mission for ring #3 imho.

---------------

It's early February, but it appears as though Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger and wide receivers Markus Wheaton and Derek Moye are hard at it out in southern California. According to a Tuesday tweet by Sam Nestler on Twitter, the three Steelers players, along with several draft hopefuls, had a field session with P.J. Nestler, the Sports Performance Director for Velocity Sports Performance in Irvine California. We don't know how long Roethlisberger and the young receivers have been out there, but it really doesn't matter. It's just good to see the Steelers quarterback getting some early offseason work in with his teammates. In addition, it's a good sign that Roethlisberger is healthy. According to an old post on the Velocity website, Roethlisberger trained at their center prior to him being drafted by the Steelers. Good day on the field today with @twheat002 @_BigBen7 And a bunch of combine players Go @steelers !

http://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/roethlisberger_reportedly_working_with_wheaton_moy e_out_in_california/15713276

stillers4me
02-07-2014, 08:42 AM
It also means that Ben is healthy. ......for the first time in years!

Devilsdancefloor
02-07-2014, 09:25 AM
I like it a lot! sanders is gone and someone is going to step up

steelerdude15
02-07-2014, 09:43 AM
I think that this is really good for the team in several ways. I think it continues to show that he really is a leader of the team, is healthy, and is getting a jump on his offseason workouts. Good for him and good for us.

Steelman
02-07-2014, 09:45 AM
Moye is a fringe guy that could be a nice surprise if he can turn the corner, but Wheaton has a lot more pressure on him to step and perform and a high level. Glad to see Ben at work with these guys, it could pay huge dividends.

Dwinsgames
02-07-2014, 10:29 AM
maybe this will help give the FO a heads up if either of them have a chance to be what they thought they where and can move accordingly in the draft as a result

Shoes
02-07-2014, 11:06 AM
It also means that Ben is healthy. ......for the first time in years!

And with Munch working on the O-line, maybe he can stay that way.

salamander
02-07-2014, 12:15 PM
This can only be a good thing. Good call, Ben.

Count Steeler
02-07-2014, 06:16 PM
Haley should be fired. But he won't be because he is ARII's hand picked OC.

Just wanted to get a jump on the naysayers.

stillers4me
02-07-2014, 06:25 PM

And Ben is lazy and doesn't want to put in any extra work.

Dwinsgames
02-07-2014, 06:32 PM

where does Art 2 get off meddling like this anyways ..... I mean my god its not like he grew up in the building or something ... oh wait

X-Terminator
02-07-2014, 06:35 PM

Even the naysayers would be hard-pressed to find anything negative in this.

Psycho Ward 86
02-07-2014, 06:51 PM
even if the FO resigns cotchery and think wheaton is going to pan out, i want an athletic tight end or receiver drafted somewhere in round 1, 2, or 3

Dwinsgames
02-07-2014, 09:15 PM
as a side note Today is Wheaton's birthday

GoSlash27
02-07-2014, 09:20 PM
Even the naysayers would be hard-pressed to find anything negative in this.

I can find something negative here, and I'm not even a naysayer: Ben needs to be home with his family. Not wanting to seem ungrateful for the effort, but his home life should be a much bigger priority for him than my 7th Lombardi.
Workaholics get divorces.

Hawkman
02-07-2014, 09:26 PM
I can find something negative here, and I'm not even a naysayer: Ben needs to be home with his family. Not wanting to seem ungrateful for the effort, but his home life should be a much bigger priority for him than my 7th Lombardi.

How do you know that his family isn't with him??

GBMelBlount
02-07-2014, 10:04 PM

I can only imagine how much stress there is in the Roethlisberger household with Ben "the workaholic" not taking a full 6 months off this year.

LOL

fansince'76
02-07-2014, 10:05 PM
But Ben's a lazy slob who coasts on his athleticism...

Devilsdancefloor
02-07-2014, 10:34 PM

Im a workaholic and i have been married 25 years to the most wonderful woman i have ever laid eyes on

salamander
02-07-2014, 11:38 PM
While we're at it, Ben hates kids and only likes big boobies. :heh: :lol:

steelreserve
02-08-2014, 12:49 AM
Bah, he's just in SoCal for the babes and the weed ...