PDA

View Full Version : Potential Steeler like FA's

Dwinsgames
02-06-2014, 11:19 AM
I think we all know by now 2 things about the Steelers in terms of the free agent signing period

1) we are never big players in the market

2) when we do play its with lower tiered free agents to fill in as role players or stop gap ( James Farrior / Jeff Hartins aside but even they where bargains )

here is a pretty good article targeting some guys we could find interest in and why .... and it might be " douzable" you will get that after reading the article

The Popejoy List

(http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1948635-pittsburgh-steelers-bargain-guide-to-the-2014-offseason)

Texasteel
02-06-2014, 12:16 PM
douzable and Ford did catch my eye. Not a bad list. The Steeler will do what they always do, let the smoke clear and see whats left. They always seem to find some one they like.

steelreserve
02-06-2014, 01:25 PM
Man .. Terrance Cody. When we passed him up in the second round for Worilds, who I'd never heard of, I was left going WTF. Funny thing that we could actually reverse that pick now if we wanted to.

Not that I think that's necessarily likely or smart. Obviously we didn't like Cody much to begin with as a NT prospect if we skipped over him, and he's been a career backup. Maybe if we don't wind up with Nix, it becomes an option. Our NT situation for the past 2-3 years has been about as positive as explosive diarrhea.