PDA

View Full Version : Chipper Jones has torn ACL

Nadroj 20
08-12-2010, 11:42 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=5458167

This is terrible. Best switch hittter to ever play the game. He was already considering retiring and now with this kind of injury he very well could be done with his career.

You do not have to be a braves fan to feel for a great guy like chipper.

SteelMember
08-12-2010, 02:00 PM
It's definately a disappointment... for him and the fans. Mostly him, I'm sure.

The team finally decided to invest in the team for them to compete. Probably a lot to do with Bobby Cox retiring, but they were finally making some headway and chipper was staring to turn it on. He's definately had his little nagging nicks and bruises setting him back for the past couple years, and as you say he may retire because of it, but he will feel content knowing the last big contract he signed (just recently) will keep him comfortable anyway. Gotta love the MLB's guaranteed contracts if your a player.

Chipper was definately one of my favorite Braves, and players in general. He was a great Met killer to boot. I, as I'm sure he does, will feel bad that he was unable to complete his run with Bobby if he has to hang 'em up, but I think he didn't have much more to prove in the game anyway.

BTW, did you see the play he got injured on? Great play! He is the consumate competitor.

Nadroj 20
08-12-2010, 02:17 PM
It's definately a disappointment... for him and the fans. Mostly him, I'm sure.

The team finally decided to invest in the team for them to compete. Probably a lot to do with Bobby Cox retiring, but they were finally making some headway and chipper was staring to turn it on. He's definately had his little nagging nicks and bruises setting him back for the past couple years, and as you say he may retire because of it, but he will feel content knowing the last big contract he signed (just recently) will keep him comfortable anyway. Gotta love the MLB's guaranteed contracts if your a player.

Chipper was definately one of my favorite Braves, and players in general. He was a great Met killer to boot. I, as I'm sure he does, will feel bad that he was unable to complete his run with Bobby if he has to hang 'em up, but I think he didn't have much more to prove in the game anyway.

BTW, did you see the play he got injured on? Great play! He is the consumate competitor.

Yea I did it was a hell of a play. On the bright side if he should retire he went out with a hot bat and a great play.

SteelMember
08-12-2010, 04:35 PM
Yea I did it was a hell of a play. On the bright side if he should retire he went out with a hot bat and a great play.

That would be a very positive way to think about it.

:thumbsup:

SteelMember
08-13-2010, 07:01 AM
Which game was this guy watching? :doh:

Jones was hurt in Tuesday night's game at Houston. He fielded a routine grounder by Hunter Pence, jumped in the air while making the throw to first, then collapsed to the ground for several minutes.

What a douche nozzle.

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/Atlanta-Braves-3B-Chipper-Jones-to-miss-rest-of-season-with-torn-ACL-081210

Nadroj 20
08-13-2010, 07:49 AM
Which game was this guy watching? :doh:

What a douche nozzle.

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/Atlanta-Braves-3B-Chipper-Jones-to-miss-rest-of-season-with-torn-ACL-081210

Yea really lol...he contradicts himself when hes says its routine, but then said he jumps in the air to make the throw! How many routine grounders force you to leave the ground to make the play? :chuckle: