PDA

View Full Version : Steelers draft rumors

st33lersguy
02-05-2014, 09:55 PM
Does anyone know a site I can go to to get the latest rumors about the Steelers 2014 draft as in what prospects/position they are leading towards, are they thinking of trading down?

Note: Don't say walterfootball, he hasn't given an update on the Steelers in 12 days and for multiple teams he doesn't have an update at all

Dwinsgames
02-05-2014, 09:59 PM
I put no stock in walterfootball at all , then again I do not put much stock in predraft " rumors" either far to many smoke screens ....

best way to get some idea of what they are thinking is watch for the players they have contact with at the combine and the ones they have in for a visit , you will find MOST the the guys they draft come from that process ( but not all of them )

stillers4me
02-05-2014, 10:26 PM
I don't know, but Ben was in southern Cal this week working out with Moye and Wheaton. This came up on Facebook.....maybe he's doing his own scouting!

https://scontent-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/t1/p280x280/1609840_575813425836075_1230650647_n.jpg
Big Ben with USC offensive tackle Kevin Graf (@KevinGraf77) in SoCal this week:

"Was awesome getting to meet one of the NFL's best Big Ben Roethlisberger and learn how to become a successful pro"

salamander
02-05-2014, 10:54 PM
I don't know, but Ben was in southern Cal this week working out with Moye and Wheaton. This came up on Facebook.....maybe he's doing his own scouting!

https://scontent-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/t1/p280x280/1609840_575813425836075_1230650647_n.jpg

"Was awesome getting to meet one of the NFL's best Big Ben Roethlisberger and learn how to become a successful pro"

Is he any good? :chuckle:

Dwinsgames
02-05-2014, 11:00 PM

cbs sports has him ranked as the 27th best OT in the draft and 352nd best player , so .......

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings/2014/OT

salamander
02-05-2014, 11:47 PM
cbs sports has him ranked as the 27th best OT in the draft and 352nd best player , so .......

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings/2014/OT

I'm gonna go with not so much....lol

Aussie_steeler
02-06-2014, 12:43 AM
Steelers draft rumors usually are associated with Kevin Colbert sightings and quotes.

What do we know so far.

1. Interviewed players at the Shrine Game. He liked the CB group at the game. ( Ross Cockerill, Pierre Desir, Phillip Gaines, Shaquille Richardson -- all CB's over 6'0)
2. Reported to have interviewed / spoke with around 60 players at the Senior bowl.
3. Shared his man crush for Wyoming Smurf WR Robert Herron at the Senior bowl
4. Was sighted at a Thursday night Louisville game against Rutgers

From point 4 ( Louisville v Rutgers) we can speculate
a. Watching Teddy Bridgewater ( unlikely)
b. watching FS Calvin Pryor ( possible)
c. watching WR Davante Parker ( returning to school)
d. watching CB EJ Gaines ( maybe, but a bit short of Colberts preferred CB profile)
e. watching Rutgers WR Brandon Coleman 6'5 220 ( possible)

Rumors and the steelers draft usually are so pointless because in todays age you might as well just read our Draft Room here. Most rumors are made by ordinary people sitting behind computer monitors typing crap. I would trust the opinions and GUESSES of the guys here.

We obsess over one team while most so called gurus spread themselves thinly over 32 teams.

It is more fun reading profiles, reports, watching film and making your own opinions..

The rumors I am more worried about are which free agents will be resigned.

LLT
02-06-2014, 05:14 PM
Steelers draft rumors usually are associated with Kevin Colbert sightings and quotes.

What do we know so far.

1. Interviewed players at the Shrine Game. He liked the CB group at the game. ( Ross Cockerill, Pierre Desir, Phillip Gaines, Shaquille Richardson -- all CB's over 6'0)
2. Reported to have interviewed / spoke with around 60 players at the Senior bowl.

d. watching CB EJ Gaines ( maybe, but a bit short of Colberts preferred CB profile)

Rumors and the steelers draft usually are so pointless because in todays age you might as well just read our Draft Room here. Most rumors are made by ordinary people sitting behind computer monitors typing crap. I would trust the opinions and GUESSES of the guys here.

We obsess over one team while most so called gurus spread themselves thinly over 32 teams.

It is more fun reading profiles, reports, watching film and making your own opinions..

I liked CB Ross Cockrell...and he will "probably" be drafted at good value.

SteelerFanInStl
02-06-2014, 05:43 PM

What do we know so far.

EJ Gaines played at Mizzou so he wasn't in that game. Were you thinking of someone else?

Aussie_steeler
02-07-2014, 04:46 AM
EJ Gaines played at Mizzou so he wasn't in that game. Were you thinking of someone else?

100% correct

Charles Gaines is the Louisville CB.

5'11 176" CB

tube517
02-07-2014, 07:37 AM

The guy on the left could probably play LT. :chuckle:

Dwinsgames
02-07-2014, 07:56 AM
The guy on the left could probably play LT. better than the one on the right :chuckle:

fixed it 4 ya

Devilsdancefloor
02-07-2014, 09:22 AM

If anyone can make him good we have the OL coach that can! dwins is right about walter they throw jello at walls a dsee what sticks