PDA

View Full Version : Fox says Noll 'greatest guy I've been around'

stillers4me
02-02-2014, 08:15 AM
John Fox has a chance to become the second coach from the Chuck Noll tree to win a Lombardi Trophy.

In the months after the Steelers completed their 1988 season with a 5-11 record, the team made some sweeping changes to Chuck Noll’s staff of assistant coaches. The guy hired by Noll to coach the team’s defensive backs had built his reputation at the college level, most recently as the defensive coordinator across town at the University of Pittsburgh. Seven months later, the 1989 regular season opened, and the Pittsburgh Steelers opened by losing their first two games by a combined 92-10.

Welcome to the NFL, John Fox.

Some 25 years later, John Fox still is using what he learned that year, still benefiting from watching how Noll handled that situation and eventually molded the 1989 Steelers into a playoff team, and today Fox will coach the Denver Broncos in Super Bowl XLVIII.................

Read more @ http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Fox-says-Noll-greatest-guy-Ive-been-around/fccf7cdd-fbf1-4972-8f6a-8644fe7bc7f0

BnG_Hevn
02-03-2014, 11:38 AM
Now all you hear is how Fox should be fired due to such an abysmal performance. lol

tube517
02-03-2014, 02:21 PM
Fox did better with Jake Delhomme @Carolina

Sent from a Galaxy Note 2

ALLD
02-03-2014, 03:07 PM
Jake was not a choke artist going all the way back to college ball.

NCSteeler
02-03-2014, 07:28 PM
That team last night was horribly coached . John Fox is exactly who we thought he was in Carolina a terrible coach when it matters.

Dwinsgames
02-03-2014, 09:01 PM
That team last night was horribly coached . John Fox is exactly who we thought he was in Carolina a terrible coach when it matters.

I do not thing ANY coach would have made a significant difference in the outcome , Denver was doomed from the onset , couple in the Mistakes and you have a disastrous outcome ...

Denver was stuck throwing 5 yard passes , everything deep was covered or poorly thrown , the short stuff was open but closed in the bat of an eye no Yards after the catch , they forced small ball on Denver and it worked to near perfection ...

Denver was stifled and coaching had nothing to do with it on their side line , they where out manned from the onset with as many weapons they have they where outworked , out physicaled ....

on Def Denver had few answers as well looked to me like Danny Trevathan was the only Bronco defender that would garner any play time on the Seahawks , Champ Bailey got owned by Wilsons stiff arm and looked like a man that already retired .... honestly we the viewing fans are lucky the game was as close as it was ( did I just say that ??? )

this game was a mismatch , I never envisioned it turning out as it did , but once witnessing it unfold it is crystal clear the amount supremacy Seattle has on Denver , it reminded me of the once Dominant Steeler D vs the Vikes in the SB ( game was much closer but the dominance level was similar still a SB record def performance I might add Tarkenton was our Bitch just like Manning was Seattle's )

NCSteeler
02-04-2014, 10:58 AM
I saw a team that came out looked lost. Their own players said Seattle just wanted it more. That's coaching. That is the look i often have seen in our team the last 2 years. Besides the fact was they had no game plan to deal with Seattle's strengths.

Dwinsgames
02-04-2014, 11:15 AM
I saw a team that came out looked lost. Their own players said Seattle just wanted it more. That's coaching. That is the look i often have seen in our team the last 2 years. Besides the fact was they had no game plan to deal with Seattle's strengths.

coaching can prepare you to be ready , but not in wanting it ...that is something you yourself has to want deep inside , someone else saying rah rah rah in your ear is not going to change you ... just my opinion

fansince'76
02-04-2014, 11:30 AM
coaching can prepare you to be ready , but not in wanting it ...that is something you yourself has to want deep inside , someone else saying rah rah rah in your ear is not going to change you ... just my opinion

:nod:

"If I have to motivate you, I will fire you." - Chuck Noll

The only guy on that field on Sunday who had a ring was Peyton. And there were only a handful of players between both teams who had even played in a Super Bowl before. How does a player allow their opponent to want it more than they do in the biggest game of their life? That's not on Fox.