PDA

View Full Version : Being benched best thing to happen to Mendenhall

Galax Steeler
08-12-2010, 03:21 AM
Mike Tomlin would not fall into the category of strict disciplinarian as such things go in NFL coaching circles. He's neither softy nor despot.

Twice, however, he has used one of the tools in his box, the big stick, and both times he got good results.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10224/1079507-66.stm#ixzz0wNUYCHso

HometownGal
08-12-2010, 07:26 AM
I applaud Tomlin for his actions, as I feel those actions were not only justified but proved to be successful especially in Mendy's case. He looked very strong in TC on Monday and was slicing and dicing through the first-team DL (behind Big Flo a lot of the time) like a razor blade. :applaudit:

Hey - whatever works. :thumbsup:

hotrodder07
08-12-2010, 09:16 AM
Personally, I cannot wait to see what kind of numbers he can put up this season. You may be able to tell by my sig, but I'm a big Mendenhall fan

Hopefully this will be a real break-out year for him.:thumbsup:

vrabinec
08-12-2010, 09:33 AM
Being benched was the best thing that happen to him? Maybe we should bench our offensive line and corners....

salamander
08-12-2010, 09:51 AM
Being benched was the best thing that happen to him? Maybe we should bench our offensive line and corners....

Hey, whatever works... :wink02:

Galax Steeler
08-13-2010, 06:23 AM
I applaud Tomlin for his actions, as I feel those actions were not only justified but proved to be successful especially in Mendy's case. He looked very strong in TC on Monday and was slicing and dicing through the first-team DL (behind Big Flo a lot of the time) like a razor blade. :applaudit:

Hey - whatever works. :thumbsup:

That is good to hear hopefully he has his fumbling problams behind him know. I feel like our offensive line will be the best it has in years and Mendenhall should be able to find some holes to run through.

HometownGal
08-13-2010, 06:55 AM
That is good to hear hopefully he has his fumbling problams behind him know. I feel like our offensive line will be the best it has in years and Mendenhall should be able to find some holes to run through.

Well - we won't see if his fumbilitis has been cured until we see him against an opponent's D, but hopefully he's worked on securing the ball better. :pray:

If he runs to the right behind Flo, he should be able to get some good yardage 99% of the time. That guy is enormous and as I mentioned in another thread - was pushing Aaron Smith across that line like a ragdoll. :chuckle: