PDA

View Full Version : Steelers Notebook: Roethlisberger's new address part of his image overhaul?

Galax Steeler
08-12-2010, 03:20 AM
Ben Roethlisberger no longer lists Findlay as his hometown and instead now "hails" from a town in Ohio that does not really exist.

Talk about trying to put your past behind you.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10224/1079462-66.stm#ixzz0wNUKToWA

SirHulka
08-12-2010, 07:42 AM
The only way to put your past behind you is to change. And I don't mean by changing your address.

SteelMember
08-12-2010, 07:54 AM
The only way to put your past behind you is to change. And I don't mean by changing your address.

That's not what LeQuit said? :chuckle:

SirHulka
08-12-2010, 08:28 AM
But the difference is LeBron is looking for greener pastures. Ben's problems have been below the belt.

Animal Mother
08-12-2010, 10:26 AM
I don't get it.

Killer
08-12-2010, 10:48 AM
ED should shut his trap about Ben.

We're trying to get this suspension cut to 4 games, not give the national media any more crap to run with.

SMR
08-12-2010, 06:29 PM
ED should shut his trap about Ben.

We're trying to get this suspension cut to 4 games, not give the national media any more crap to run with.

EXACTLY!

stillers4me
08-12-2010, 07:10 PM
pfffttttttt........I just grateful this is the worst thing the media can find to bitch about concerning Ben.

Killer
08-12-2010, 08:57 PM
Now Florio picked it up - - -"Ben is thin skinned", it'll be all over Sportscenter tomorrow

Craic
08-13-2010, 02:16 AM
Funniest thing about the actual article, is that Ben only said that he actually never lived in Findlay. I think this is more of someone reading something in the roster, and going out and making a story of it that didn't exist. Ben decides to be more specific about where he lived.

WHO CARES.

solardave
08-13-2010, 03:51 AM
QUOTE=Preacher;36101]Funniest thing about the actual article, is that Ben only said that he actually never lived in Findlay. I think this is more of someone reading something in the roster, and going out and making a story of it that didn't exist. Ben decides to be more specific about where he lived.

WHO CARES.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. You're right Preacher. Maybe he is getting back to family values more with the"I'm actually from this lttle town outside Findley" truth be told . Not important and how will this affect his game?:zzz:

Killer
08-13-2010, 07:02 AM
Now it's a National News Item

"Ben abandons hometown"

Findley protest groups demand Goodel punish Ben with another 6 game suspension

all because Bouchette got a big mouth

zulater
08-13-2010, 10:55 AM
http://www.1059thex.com/pages/supergenius.html

UPDATE: "Cory Rawson" was the name of Ben's grade school. The press-guide change was made because Roethlisberger was upset by Findlay's reaction to his predicaments.

"A lot of stuff that was said is just blatant lies, which is ridiculous from people you played with and think are your friends," Roethlisberger told the Findlay newspaper.

"It's a shame. You'd think people would be proud of you. Instead, I think there is a lot of jealousy. Some nasty things were said about me. But there are still people [in Findlay], some good friends and my church family, who are just good people and I believe in them."

zulater
08-13-2010, 11:19 AM
Now Florio picked it up - - -"Ben is thin skinned", it'll be all over Sportscenter tomorrow

Fuck Florio! The guy just lives to pick at Ben at every chance possible. So what if Ben's thin skinned. So are many other elite athletes past and present. Micheal Jordon had a long list of media types he wouldn't talk to. Give Ben a season or two to show his worth, then Florio and all these other Ben haters can shove it all directly up their collective asses.

Ben's never been charged or convicted of a crime and these assholes just can't come to grips with the fact that Ben is owed a presumption of innocence by any objective minded thinker. To me the haters are all either bona fide totalitarians or simple minded whiney mother fuckers who just can't stand the fact the story didn't end the way they wanted it to, that being with Ben being dragged off in cuffs and leg irons.

vasteeler
08-13-2010, 11:33 AM
Fuck Florio! The guy just lives to pick at Ben at every chance possible. So what if Ben's thin skinned. So are many other elite athletes past and present. Micheal Jordon had a long list of media types he wouldn't talk to. Give Ben a season or two to show his worth, then Florio and all these other Ben haters can shove it all directly up their collective asses.

Ben's never been charged or convicted of a crime and these assholes just can't come to grips with the fact that Ben is owed a presumption of innocence by any objective minded thinker. To me the haters are all either bona fide totalitarians or simple minded whiney mother fuckers who just can't stand the fact the story didn't end the way they wanted it to, that being with Ben being dragged off in cuffs and leg irons. .

and unforunatly there are a lot of members here that feel the same way:frusty:

Shea
08-19-2010, 04:03 PM
Yeah, stupid story and shouldn't be worthy of the press making an issue of it.

But, for me, it's an example of what is going on in Ben's head.

Yeah, be pissed and hurt that people from your hometown had harsh words to say about you, but you don't denounce where you came from because of people's negative reactions that came about due to your own stupid decisions. What he had coming was his own doing - in Findlay, Pittsburgh, and all across the NFL map.

I thought Ben promised to make amends with the public and Steelers fans?

Pissing off a whole city and town, that were probably some of your biggest fans, isn't the way to achieve that.

Looks like he still can't keep from sulking like a baby - like he always has.

X-Terminator
08-19-2010, 07:21 PM
Yeah, stupid story and shouldn't be worthy of the press making an issue of it.

But, for me, it's an example of what is going on in Ben's head.

Yeah, be pissed and hurt that people from your hometown had harsh words to say about you, but you don't denounce where you came from because of people's negative reactions that came about due to your own stupid decisions. What he had coming was his own doing - in Findlay, Pittsburgh, and all across the NFL map.

I thought Ben promised to make amends with the public and Steelers fans?

Pissing off a whole city and town, that were probably some of your biggest fans, isn't the way to achieve that.

Looks like he still can't keep from sulking like a baby - like he always has.

They obviously weren't some of his biggest fans if they turned their backs on him. I don't know about you, but if people I thought were my friends made up lies and turned their backs on me, I'd be pretty pissed off too. They are supposed to stand by you through thick and thin, through the good times and bad. If they don't, then they really weren't your friends to begin with.

That said, I wouldn't have made the change simply because it looks spiteful, and I'd want to be above those who turned their backs on me. That was not a good decision - yet another in a long line of them.

Killer
08-19-2010, 07:40 PM
wah wah wah

Who gives a crap.

Make a Lifetime movie of Ben's history and all ya'll can sob along how he's a monster. Stupid reporters would dig up dirt on you if it would sell a story. He's lucky he lived when he put his head through that windshield. You should be happy he won you 2 SB's, and he's not in a wheelchair or dead.

Play ball.

Shea
08-19-2010, 10:53 PM
That said, I wouldn't have made the change simply because it looks spiteful, and I'd want to be above those who turned their backs on me. That was not a good decision - yet another in a long line of them.

Exactly.

I feel for Ben that some who he called friends ended up throwing him under the bus, but that just shows they weren't a true friend to begin with.

Plus, it's seems to be just a handful of people that betrayed him but I'm willing to bet that the majority of people in Findlay would still have stood behind him and rooted for him as they always have.

Now he might have pissed those people off and therefore lost the support of those from where he came.

Mattsme
08-20-2010, 12:14 AM
I want the last 60 seconds of my life back. I'm writing Bouchette.

fansince'76
08-20-2010, 12:39 AM
Make a Lifetime movie of Ben's history and all ya'll can sob along how he's a monster.

Please - don't give anyone any ideas.

Shea
08-20-2010, 01:02 AM
Please - don't give anyone any ideas.

Nobody is looking for a sob story movie, except maybe for Killer.

Just want to see Ben grow up.

Killer
08-20-2010, 06:05 PM
Me and Shea

http://view.observer-reporter.com/www/uploaded_images/Jeff-Reed-789288.jpg

tony hipchest
08-20-2010, 09:49 PM
:toofunny:

Shea
08-20-2010, 09:56 PM
:nervous:

steelerdude15
08-20-2010, 11:42 PM
Who cares, it's not that big of a deal.

Craic
08-21-2010, 01:24 AM
How in the world did this thread get legs again?

And speaking of legs...

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_46r1n1AcXio/RznGSFuV0XI/AAAAAAAAAUk/n-IHRhS2dBY/s320/Sepulveda2.jpg

You're welcome HTG! http://emoticons.msn-beta.com/big/13.gif